sky_fly20

Match Penalty
:disapp:, if Miner is the Top American here, its a joke
Dornbush has it all to him to be teh No. 1 US man but why :no:

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Richard DORNBUSH (USA)

Music: The Wild Ones; Harlem Nocturne; Rooftops

Black pants w/ stripe down the side. Black shirt, black vest w/ silver stripes. Blue band on left upper arm.

2T
4T - fall
3A
StSq
CCoSp
3Lz+3T - 'Rippon' on both
3A+2T+2Lo
3Lo
CSSp
3F
3S
ChSt
FCCoSp

The quad is not there, but the other jumps were solid.

gold12345

Medalist
But couldn't he take out one of the double toes in his axel combos and turn that into a triple toe somewhere? Lord knows he has the ability and he's not doing a triple tow anywhere else. Maybe he's trying to train to have the 3a/3toe by nationals or something.

Yeah, that's what I was wondering. Why two 3A-2Ts? Just do a reliable 3-3 somewhere.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
So basically, if he lands both quad toes, he would have to change the 3Z-3T to a 3Z-2T, so not to violate repeating jump rules (in this scenario he repeats 4T and 3A). If he doesn't get the quad, he adds the 3T, repeating the 3A + 3T.

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
Miner is consistently underappreciated, likely because he hasn't carved an identity or persona for himself yet. Good but bland skating. I think Dornbush could be the top US man...someday, but he's got to get it more consistent. If only he'd nailed those first two jumps in this FS. He was brilliant the year he won the JGPF, but hasn't yet pulled it together in seniors.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Miner is consistently underappreciated, likely because he hasn't carved an identity or persona for himself yet. Good but bland skating. I think Dornbush could be the top US man...someday, but he's got to get it more consistent. If only he'd nailed those first two jumps in this FS. He was brilliant the year he won the JGPF, but hasn't yet pulled it together in seniors.

exactly, Miner has no appeal on the ice, he is just too boring

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker

I think Ross Miner is very underrated. He doesn't have that in-your-face skating, but he has very, very good skating skills and just a nice quality about his overall skating. I don't think it's bland at all, I just think that it doesn't stand out because it's more subtle. Subtle =/= boring.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Kevin REYNOLDS (CAN)

Music: Concerto No. 4 in E minor for Piano and Orchestra by Andre Mathieu

Black pants, black velvet vest /w gold closings. Grey/white tie-dye shirt. White gloves

4S
4T+2T
1A+3T
StSq
CCSp
4T - twofooted, perhaps UR
2A
3F+3Lo
3Lz - lean, fall
3S - puts foot down early
ChSt
CCoSp
FSSp

Ambitious jump content, but he needs more power and height to them. Will prob get called some UR

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
does Reynolds have problem with his lutz ? his seems to fall on it all over the place

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
Reynolds is still with Joanne McLeod? I would have thought someone would have staged an intervention by now.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Ross MINER (USA)

Music: Captain Blood by Erich Korngold

Black pants w/belt. Dark red shirt w/ silver sparkle detail at neckline

4S - looked nice enough
3A+2T
3A
FSSp
3Lz+2T - slightly off
StSq
3Lz+1Lo+3S
CCoSp
3Lo
3F
ChSt
2A
FCCoSp

Jumpwise, a very strong performance from Miner. Good to see...