2012 NHK Ladies Free Skate | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2012 NHK Ladies Free Skate

diane044

Rinkside
Iam so shocked Akiko didn't win overall. Mao is such a elegant and beautiful skater but i was surprised she scored that high, and looks like everyone else did including herself.

I believe the UK commentators called it "a travesty of justice". I agree.

figuristka

Medalist
I would have placed Akiko first at SC and NHK , though i adore both Osmond who is a great new young talent and the beautiful graceful Mao. Hopefully she has a better short so when its close and she skates a better free she will gain enough points when she is not the favourite.

christinaskater

Medalist
This is really bad. We all love Mao, so we will surely not bash her.

The judges deserve the bashing for that judging. It's an embarrassing for the sport!

bixby

Final Flight
This is a total shocker! INSANE judging!!! How can they sleep without feeling GUILTY with what they do. The technical panel and all the other judges should be banned from judging from here on. They should never be behind those computer at any competetion. ABSOLUTELY CRAPOLA! :bang: :bang: :bang:

Last edited:

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
It's not as if Mao was judging herself though... she clearly doesn't like this outcome herself.

I feel sorry for both Akiko and Mao. Akiko probably feels so screwed over now, and Mao is completly embarassed.
Maybe even silver would be justifiable, Mirais score wasn't that high, maybe there ware some UR's again, but gold is just wrong.

This! It isn't Maos fault. She surely has issues still overthinking probably nervousness and all and now people will see her as the one in the wrong when she obviously knows that things went wrong and the judges are the ones to blame. And Akiko skates the free of her life and well....

pitterpatter

On the Ice
Mao has become my least favorite skater, due to her unjustifiable high scores. She can barely rotate a triple jump anymore, but she "won" two Grand Prix events due to laughable judging. No wonder the general public doesn't take skating seriously as a sport anymore. It's all thanks to scandalous judging - like Asada's marks at this "competition."

Mao's a wonderful skater, and the horrible judging shouldn't take away from that. You could tell she was shocked by the marks as well. Hopefully this will cause the judges and the JSF to wake up and start giving Akiko the love she deserves.

figuristka

Medalist
Yes its not Mao's fault she did her best even though she made errors. No one can deny she has wonderful qualities in her skating. Very beautiful on the ice. Judges certainly confuse me.

raress

On the Ice
Looks like Mirai fixed her Lutz and Flip...happy for her,but so sad she always receives UR on her loop!!:(

gold12345

Medalist
I feel bad for Mao. She looked so stunned. And she had to just sit there awkwardly as they announced her as 1st place and nobody cheered.

Since she only won by .05, I don't know if the judges actually fixed it so she would definitely win. But they certainly tried their best to give her a shot at it! Wow.

koatcue

Medalist
Country
Russia
I start to hate pcs.Mao 1st. REALLY??????????????????????????????????????????????:bang:
Mirai deserved silver, and I'd have given bronze to Zidjun Li(((

Ambivalent

On the Ice
Poor Akiko, always coming second best even when she should have won. If we had the 6.0 system Akiko would have won 7 zip.

mary01

Final Flight
well you guys have to remember that Mao had a big lead going into the free skate, and Akiko made a huge mistake in the sp that cost her, and unlike Akiko Mao's made sure to get level 4 on every element!

koatcue

Medalist
Country
Russia
PS - Aaaaand I blamed judges for Ashley's high score????JOKE!If Mao got 118 for THAT, Wagner must have gotten smth like 140-145 =//////////

IleK

On the Ice
If I were Mao I would give my medal to Akiko. As a gesture of fairness and a clear message to the judges. And when you think I was praising this competittion for lovely audience, beautiful K&C ... and the judges ruined everything.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
umm, lets wait and see how Mao will be scored in GPF, she is up against a tough field and there is home inflation here its understandable

looking at the line up in GPF:

Ashley, Mao, Kiira, Julia, Liza and Akiko its should be very close fight

Mirunna

Record Breaker
well you guys have to remember that Mao had a big lead going into the free skate, and Akiko made a huge mistake in the sp that cost her, and unlike Akiko Mao's made sure to get level 4 on every element!

I agree but it's clear by watching the protocol the judges tried hard to let her win. Huge GOE on everything she did. The triples she did were OK, but not worthy of +2 GOE, for example. She got the benefit of the doubt for the first time in years on the 3 jump combo(when is the last time she got one completely ratified)?
I don't think the PCS Mao got were the problem, but the GOE she received IMO. This is were she won.
And Akiko should have won in Canada also. She really should skate for another country

Ambivalent

On the Ice
umm, lets wait and see how Mao will be scored in GPF, she is up against a tough field and there is home inflation here its understandable

looking at the line up in GPF:

Ashley, Mao, Kiira, Julia, Liza and Akiko its should be very close fight

How is it understandable for Mao to receive such a big score for such a poor skate? And how is it understandable that Akiko (and Mirai) be made to suffer for it?