2012 GPF qualifiers: Ladies | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2012 GPF qualifiers: Ladies

Country
Russia
According to who?
According to any eyes with possibility to see.

Update: I love very much famous skater Mao Asada with her three 3A (two in combos) at Olympics-2010 and many other excellent skatings at many competitions.
But if I see skater with only three triples in FS, I can only wish this skater to restore, not to have high place for such a skating.
Jumps are not the all in figire skating, but they are half of the all. For good place must be both - good jumps and good non-jumping.

Last edited:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
All that's left for Julia this season is Russian Nationals and Junior Worlds. Since Julia is too young for Europeans and Worlds this year, the GPF was to be her Worlds for the season. I imagine being forced to withdraw from this competition is a huge disappointment for her :(

I'd much prefer her to miss out on one or two competitions and regain full health than hastily come back and injure herself further and (worst case scenario) end her career early. Concussions are not to be taken lightly.

galapagos

Spectator
you have good arguments but why resort to hyperbole?
winning with 3 triple jumps is indefensible but saying that she should be out of the finals is quite a stretch, imo.

According to any eyes with possibility to see.

Update: I love very much famous skater Mao Asada with her three 3A (two in combos) at Olympics-2010 and many other excellent skatings at many competitions.
But if I see skater with only three triples in FS, I can only wish this skater to restore, not to have high place for such a skating.
Jumps are not the all in figire skating, but they are half of the all. For good place must be both - good jumps and good non-jumping.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
considering the news out of football (American) today - concussions need to be taken more seriously in all sports IMO. Yes football and hockey are more aggressive, but I'd bet a lot of concussions go undiagnosed in figure skating. A lot of the falls we see seem wicked to the spine and head. I really wish the ISU and national federations would take it more seriously.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Poor Nora Hoffman had a terrible time with a concussion for example (Hoffman & Zavozin HUN)

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Denis Petukhov, too, when he and Melissa had their career ending fall. She was sore, but he was far worse.

blue dog

Trixie Schuba's biggest fan!
Record Breaker
I read on the previews article that Kiira may withdraw? Does anyone have an update on her condition?

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Korpi, the surprise winner of the Cup of Russia, is scheduled to make her first appearance in the Final. It is unknown whether or not the European silver medalist will compete due to a back injury. Should she withdraw, American Mirai Nagasu would be next in line to compete.

That would be quite the interesting development, especially as it means Mirai might get to go to GPF, which would be amazing considering that up until two weeks before NHK she didn't even have a second event.

Totentanz

Ursula Gumennik
Medalist
That would be quite the interesting development, especially as it means Mirai might get to go to GPF, which would be amazing considering that up until two weeks before NHK she didn't even have a second event.

Is there enough time for Mirai to compete in Sochi? Last year Adelina couldn't replace Mao because of timing. But I remember that was just the day before short program, right?

IleK

On the Ice

Nor Kiira had a second event until Carolina withdrew, so it is pretty amazing what she achieved this season. And I don't want to see anyone else instead at this final! It is her first final, in 2010 she was the first substitute but no one withdrew then. It is her big chance, I don't think she will continue skating after the Olympics, she even said that last season she considered retiring because of her injuries that didn't let her compete at her true level. I am happy she continued but if she is again injured... I am afraid she will not continue. She always made the wise decision and protected her health with the price of losing big competitions as she did last year when she didn't attend worlds. If she thinks she can't do what she did at the GP events she will probabaly withdraw:(. As much as i love her I don'twant to see her finishing last with a disasterous performance due to illness. Not another Alissa Czisny whom I also love very much but I never agreed with her decisions of continuing in spite of illness.
I like Mirai, but with both Julia and Kiira out this final is much more weaker.

FSGMT

Record Breaker
:agree::yes::clap:

Country
Russia
Is there enough time for Mirai to compete in Sochi? Last year Adelina couldn't replace Mao because of timing. But I remember that was just the day before short program, right?

It is too late. Now less than 16 hours before team leaders meeting.

Announcement of GP
The skaters/couples placed 7 – 9 of the Senior Grand Prix ranking order of points must remain on stand-by as possible alternates until three days before the Opening of the ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating Final, i.e. until Monday, December 3, 2012 – noon local time Sochi, Russia.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Ah, that's too bad. Well I do hope that Kiira is able to make it.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I love very much Kiira's skating at GP Moscow (especially FS) and want very much to see her in Final.

Yeah, I don't have a problem with Kiira being there. I do like her skating a lot this season and didn't object to her win in Russia.

Country
Russia
Yeah, I don't have a problem with Kiira being there. I do like her skating a lot this season and didn't object to her win in Russia.
If Kiira can compete - it is good that she will compete.
If not - it is not good that place will be lost.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Last I heard (yesterday) Kiira will be at GPF. She missed several days of training due to a back injury and then she got a virus.
She said she is not 100%.