2012 NHK Pairs Long Program LP | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2012 NHK Pairs Long Program LP

Rachmaninoff

Final Flight
I'm liking this program from Castelli and Shnapir, and those lifts. Not sure if they can hang on with the mistakes.

Ilvskating

Final Flight
I assume that pairs is the least popular event, and there is no Japanese entry. so people can leave fit het choose to skip it without missing out one of the other three. quite considerate IMO, especially for out of town audience.

iove the last US pair.

BTw, why so many people ware masks?
I'm sticking around to watch pairs, since I couldn't keep awake to watch the other events live.

Doesn't strike me as that unusual to have one event left on the last day, but I'm wondering why it's pairs, of all things. Japan doesn't have a strong pair here, and it isn't exactly a top-class field either, so it's not like there's an anticipation factor.

missysays

On the Ice
Beautiful?? They had some complicated transitions but I wouldn't call it beautiful. Their skating is not smooth, not natural.

I find her positions in lifts gorgeous and he is very expressive when he skates. And together they have command over the ice. As well, their programs have always been gorgeously choreographed ever since they were in juniors. The stop and go is due to jump mistakes.

suzukifan27

Match Penalty
Weird fall by the Canadian. They should hang on to 2nd place though. I bet 116+. They always peak too early in a season.

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
Not that great from the Canadians, but I think it should go into first. I think they probably lost out on the gold though, and I can say that quite confidently before seeing Bazarova and Larionov skate.

tulosai

Record Breaker
Got here to see most of MT/M. Was I the only one who thought that last lift looked a little shaky?

Not sure how the beginning was but what I saw was excellent. I really like these two! I do think B/L will go into first barring tragedy though.

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
Mt/M had a rough skate. Did he double the second triple toe? She doesn't look happy at all. Lots of little mistakes.

suzukifan27

Match Penalty
How Barasova could land those tiny jumps is beyond me. She definitely URed from the reply. <<. I'm sure the judges will give them 120+.

Last edited:

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
Yeah, they shouldn't get positive GOE, but everything else they did was quite strong.

Though the final lift looked hilarious (because it was an overhead shot that foregrounded Vera, so she looked ginormous).

tulosai

Record Breaker
That is probably the strongest free I've ever seen these two skate. SBS jumps still need work badly but both stayed upright throughout. They will get (and deserve) gold.