TV Alert-Sunday Nov 25 NBC NHK Trophy and Disson show | Golden Skate

TV Alert-Sunday Nov 25 NBC NHK Trophy and Disson show

skateluvr

Record Breaker
Y'all may know, but in case you forgot, the ladies and mens long programs will be televised EST at 2PM. Check your local listings for your time zone. At 4pm, there will be another Disson skating show, "Unforgettable Holiday Moments on Ice" or something close to that, LOL. I did not google it yet to list who is singing/playing and who is skating. I am hoping it has some current skaters and not the 80's -90's skaters. I was bored to tears with Jewel and the family show. I felt gypped (sp?) thay Liza Kulik did not skate a number when she is good and competes. Skating around babies is cute but, well, I loved the old pro comps, the pro ams, but just do not want to see someone from the 1984 podium skate around in circles and do a back flip.

I still appreciate Kurt, the Kulik family and would like to see Rochette, Buttle, and people who have kept up their skills. We'll see. I will look it up and report back.

ETA-Mannheim Steamroller will do all the music and Megan Hilty will guest star. She is the blonde Marilyn fromthe TV show SMASH! and she is a good singer, imo. The skaters include Weiss, Boitano, Rochette, Meissner, Steven Cousins and a few more. Not too bad. I'm not sure why they never use Buttle for US shows as he is so good, or Europeans. I'd love to see Lambiel. Looks like Sasha is not skating anymore. I guess this is a show Alissa would have done. No Flatt, either. I'm guessing Kimmie was a fill in for these injured ladies champions. I did not see Nicole Bobel listed, and would like to see her. Oh, and Mirai and Ashley! I wonder if they will do their gala skate, neither of which I've have seen, or if it will be all holiday stuff. Im am guessing it will. I have heard them only briefly-would one expect Mannheim to be doing all Christmas music? Well, there you have it. I'm tempted to watch the competition as Mirai did so well and I have only seen the ladies via Riserva Forum. I don't know why the web quality is so poor. Eurosport is better. I expect we will see the top four and Americans who did well. I am excited by Mirai's performance. Catch it somewhere...she is on an upward trajectory and that is good news!

Last edited:

Teenes

On the Ice
There's actually another show airing today at the same time as the Disson show - it's Kaleidoscope on Ice, the annual show celebrating cancer survivorship, and features Kurt Browning, Sasha Cohen, Nancy Kerrigan, Evan Lysacek, and Paul Wylie. They will be skating to the music of Kool & the Gang, Karmin, Craig Morgan, and Jana Kramer. Kurt also will be performing "Singing in the Rain." The show is hosted by Scott Hamilton and Verne Lundquist. It airs on CBS, 5-6PM ET, but check your local listings b/c it's on after the NFL game AND may air at different times in different markets (2:30PM here in San Francisco, for instance).

As for the Pandora Unforgettable Holiday Moments on Ice show, I was there. Here's the show runlist (no guarantees what they will actually air, though the show did come in under 2 hours live):

Act I:
Opening: Hark the Herald Angels Sing - Cast
Gagliarda - Steven Cousins
Greensleeves - Naomi Lang & Peter Tchernyshev
White Christmas - Kimmie Meissner
Silver Bells - Mirai Nagasu (w/ Megan Hilty)
Drummer Boy - Ryan Bradley
Lullaby - Joannie Rochette
Joy To the World - Ashley Wagner
Northern Lights - Elvis Stojko
O Holy Night - Brian Boitano (w/ Megan Hilty)

Act II:
God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen - Mannheim Steamroller (no skating)
Carol of the Birds - Steven Cousins
I Saw Three Ships - Kimmie Meissner
God Rest Ye (Renaissance) - Kimmie Meissner & Mirai Nagasu
Sign of Love - Ashley Wagner (w/ Megan Hilty)
Christmas Song - Joannie Rochette (w/ Megan Hilty)
Good King Wenceslas - Ryan Bradley
Winter Wonderland - Naomi Lang & Peter Tchernyshev
Carol of the Bells - Elvis Stojko
Nessun Dorma - Brian Boitano
Finale - Silent Night/Deck the Halls - Cast

It was actually quite a good show, and I'm usually not super into the holiday shows. I think Brian was the only one who brought in a non-holiday number. Since Mannheim Steamroller played throughout the entire show, all the music was their versions of the holiday songs. Steven Cousins was the choreographer and a last minute substitute for the injured Alissa Czisny.

I'll see if I can find that Kaleidoscope on Ice show. Meanwhile, I'm parked in front of the TV with tasks to watch NHK. I'm looking forward to seeing Akiko's splendid program!

skateluvr

Record Breaker
And it was splendid. Mao will be shown embarassed in K&C. Lovely skater, but not the real winner. Most controversial podium of season thus far.

samson

Medalist
There were some really exciting performances by the ladies this grand prix. It makes me pumped for the final! Akiko was wonderful and if Mao can get all the pieces together that Swan Lake could be a masterpiece, but today, it was not. I think Mirai definitely got the short end of the stick. She deserved second in the free and possibly second overall (If it went Akiko, Mirai, Mao) but what can you do. That's skating!

I am really proud of Mirai for putting out the performance she did. It was interesting watching her demeanor backstage and before and after skating. She had this focus and intention like she really wanted it and knew she could do it. She definitely was skating with fire. I know two competitions does not a comeback make, but you can tell she's working hard to make herself a part of the game. She's taking control of her skating and ownership of what she does out there. It's great to see that. While Tara does annoy me I like what she said about Mirai's look at the end "She looked like she expected to skate like that".

I caught the last half of the Pandora show. Kimmie did a nice ad for the Pandora charm bracelets. Music was great. Deck the Halls! :yes:

That was funny about Steven Cousins stepping into the spot choreographed for Alissa Czisny, because it threw off the boy-girl-boy-girl line and circle in the closing number.

Saw the very last number of the Kaleidescope show. Looked like it was Cool (and the Gang). :)

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
^ you mean Kool...

I'm watching the Niners game so missed it all... KOI and the Holiday show were on at the same time so I have half of the holiday show and KOI on tape... was at Church for NHK... will have to watch the tape later...

And before you get on my case for skipping skating for football - judging by her twitter, Kristi did too... we gotta cheer our team on!

skateluvr

Record Breaker
KOI had two nice numbers by Evan--before the groin injury? Kool was great, Sasha was very sexy, and Kurt was the best-Singing in the Rain, and a sort of well, pimped out purple number with hat from 70's look in the hood. It was entertaining. I am surprised Kristi did not do this show-they are so close. Only an hour this year, and the gold gymnasts were around. Nice show.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
KOI's always an hour... and Kristi AFAIK has not done KOI as, at least in the past, the skaters involved had a family member who was directly affected by cancer (when it started only ladies did it... then Kurt got involved, again iirc)

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
Evan looked really good in the show...I wonder when that was filmed? He looked really fit and ready.

SkateFan66

On the Ice
Evan looked really good in the show...I wonder when that was filmed? He looked really fit and ready.

KOI was filmed in Charlotte on November 14th. On November 5th, Evan tweeted that it was his first day back on the ice. During the filming of the show, Scott mentioned that Evan was injured and skating in pain. Evan's surgery was six days after KOI was filmed.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
KOI was filmed in Charlotte on November 14th. On November 5th, Evan tweeted that it was his first day back on the ice. During the filming of the show, Scott mentioned that Evan was injured and skating in pain. Evan's surgery was six days after KOI was filmed.

wow I was off :laugh:

Teenes

On the Ice
Kristi did do the Kalaidoscope show in 2011. :love:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWfOF6o5jBs

I don't have show info about the 2009 show because Kurt didn't do it (or I didn't know about it), but I'm quite certain Kristi wasn't in the 2010, 2011, or 2012 shows. I think that footage is from the 2009 show (note it was posted in January 2010). In 2010, though, there were several men in the cast, not just Kurt (Johnny Weir, Paul Wylie).

I think Kaleidoscope is an offshoot from Frosted Pink back in the 2007-2008 season - that year Kurt was the only non pairs/dance man in the cast. Is that what you're thinking of, Tonichelle?