All I Want For Christmas, Figure Skating Edition | Page 3 | Golden Skate

All I Want For Christmas, Figure Skating Edition

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Taka, Akiko, Ashley, Javier, Michal Brezina on the World podium

Davis & White @ the top of the World podium, Pechelat & Borzat, The Shibs on the World podium

Christina Gao to make the podium @ US Nationals.

Ross Miner to win US nationals (or silver) and make it to Worlds.

Great skating from Armin M., Keegan, ... & so many other US men I really enjoy!

NBC Sports to realize that their meager fs coverage is pathetic (lots of people lost Universal Sports channel as of 1/1/12), listen to those of us who've expressed our disappointment to listen to us, and show all four disciplines!

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
I only have 3 wishes

1 Yuna wins 2013 Worlds by a clear margin
2 For Julia to come back even stronger, No more derailing injuries and to fully recover from her concussion
3 V/T skate a flawless LP without any falls

Kinga

Medalist
May wishes:

V/T get astonishing programs that make them justice!

Fernanzdez and Brezina medal at Euros

Ashely and Jeremy medal at Worlds

Akiko and Kanako get the scores they deserve!

Someone else than Kostner wins Europeans (not that I dont like her, quite the opposite, but it would be nice to have a new champion).

D/W win Worlds, ending the speculation that they won in 2011 only because V/M were injured the whole season.

C/L win Europeans

Last but not least - more figure skating on TV - shame on you, Eurosport! If you butcher Europeans broadcast this year (like you did last year), I will never watch you guys! Ever! ;)

PS A new super star from Poland emerges... (wishful thinking) - so it is 1) more exciting to watch 2) figure skating gets back on radar on polish tv.

Last edited:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I would settle for a new Polish superstar, Santa!

And that access to British Eurosport be available on my cable. Failing that, for Universal Sports to be included in my cable package at reasonable cost.

senatormls

On the Ice
Thanks Olympia!! I just thought of one more... Tomas Verner to retire quickly and quietly. I really wonder if Tomas even listens to his coaches. A remarkable talent soooo misused. Oh one more thing, a no- cell phone zone for skaters from the locker room to the ice.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Christina Gao on the podium at US Nats

A US lady (don't care who) on the podium at Worlds

Josh Farris and Keegan Messing on the podium at US Nats

Joubert, Brezina, and Fernandez as the European men's podium

Hanyu as World Champion

Kozuka on the World's podium

B/L as World Champions

W/P win a medal at Worlds

skatingfan4ever

"Our blade takes us in the most amazing places."
Medalist
Country
United-States
I listed my on-ice wishes earlier in the thread, but I'd like to add two broadcasting wishes.

1. STOP doing the overhead camera shots! I find them very distracting during the programs. They work well for gymnastics slo-mo replays but that's about it. I could be wrong, but aren't overhead shots in figure skating broadcasts a very recent phenomenon?

2. NBC will show ALL the disciplines and in general have much more exciting coverage. They don't even do fluff pieces on the skaters like ABC/ESPN did for all those years. How on earth will figure skating attract new fans unless viewers can get to know the current skaters more (a chief vehicle for this being fluff pieces)? The fluff pieces back in the day could get a little over-the-top, but I enjoyed them very much nevertheless. The current NBC coverage feels so rushed. Even though pairs is my least favorite discipline right now, I would still appreciate being able to watch it on TV. For the entire Grand Prix season, the only ice dance shown was the winning free dance of either V&M or D&W with no commentary. How LAME is that? Maybe it's because I'm impatient and look up the results well before the NBC broadcasts, but I have found them incredibly boring and pointless lately.

Last edited:

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
I already got what I want for Christmas... Yuna coming back to skating and seems happy about it.. Yeah ~~!

If I want to be really greedy. I'd like:

Tessa and Scott getting a world record for their Carmen at worlds.

Patrick Chan break Hanyu's SP record.

Hanyu break a FS record.

Mirai become a US National Champion (yeah it will be a Xmas miraicle!)
Jeremy become a US National Champion and clean his beautiful Bring me Home, so I can really put it on my fav list.

Liza get her form back and rule Russia babies.

Li ZiJun of China continue to work hard keeping 3F3T and working on her stamina to really settle as China's No.1

That's it.. not asking much am I....

senatormls

On the Ice
I agree about Jeremy an Kiira; both are wonderful and could use respectable finishes to their amateur careers.

Riemann

Rinkside
I hope:

- That at least one lady at Worlds will cleanly execute an impressive assortment of elements, including jumps of 3Lz value or higher.
- That the judging at Worlds will be fair and not unjustifiably favor the country in which the competition is being held
- That some skaters, especially some of the Americans, will adopt a more competitive attitude. If you have the talent for a podium finish, you should not be happy with 5th.

minze

Medalist
For my Mao to bring back all of her amazing jumps and gold medal at 2013 Worlds