All I Want For Christmas, Figure Skating Edition | Page 2 | Golden Skate

All I Want For Christmas, Figure Skating Edition

rosacotton

Final Flight
*Fernandez has a good second half of the season
*Alex and Maia defend their spot as the #2 USA team, and improve on their 8th place finish at Worlds
*Abbott puts together two clean programs
*Meryl and Charlie do well at GPF, Nats, 4CC, and Worlds

cleoc

Match Penalty
-for both Kostner and Yu-Na that they have great comebacks and win (respectively) Euros and Worlds 2013
-for V/M, that they finally beat D/V throughout all the season and have an all-Gold season...

:thumbsup: :rock:

For the ISU to institute a spot trading policy, so that Canada can get some more dance spots (I want Osmond to do well, but do we really need a second ladies spot?). The politicking would be insane.
Yes, please, more canadian and USA ice dancers at the WCh, more single skaters from Japan at WCh and more pairs from Russia :biggrin:

Last edited:

Bluebonnet

Record Breaker
abbott has perfect skates at nationals, podiums at worlds ang goes to Schi with top 5 finish.

Awww! You won't get them at Christmas time:laugh: ...unless you don't mind delayed Christmas gifts.:)

I wish Patrick Chan to get a technical caoch. But I know I won't get this gift in time for Christmas, either.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
- Dai to fire Morozov and get back on track.

- Ross Miner on the World Team if the US seriously want 3 spots.

- Ashley and Mirai on the World team if the US seriously want 3 spots.

- D/W to win Gold at Worlds

- Joubert to win Europeans

-C/L to win Europeans and take Bronze at Worlds

Santa this is my wish list for now!

gimble

On the Ice
- that the rest of the season is injury-free
- good come-backs for all those who are coming back (Weir, Lysacek, Kim, Costner, Plushenko, ...)
- decent showings for the first-timers at Worlds
- Elene skates both SP and FP well
- Suzuki gets the marks she deserves
- NO anonymous judging
- NO reputation scores

jenaj

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
So many of my wishes have already been expressed--such as Dick and Peggy calling Nationals one more time. But here are some others:

-Mirai makes the Worlds team and skates well
-The US ladies get three spots for 2014
-Jeremy finally skates well at Worlds (and makes the team)
-Patrick Chan skates his long program without mistakes at Worlds--I think it would be another one to remember in 20 years
-The judging system is changed to make the second mark more like the second mark in 6.0--based on the how the skaters rank at the competition and not so many categories
-No anonymous judging
-Michelle comes back somewhere--Yu Na's show, anywhere--and skates to music that would be appropriate for a competition

Last edited:

pohatta

On the Ice
I'd like to see some experienced skaters finally pull themselves together at Worlds and get a surprise medal with 2 clean programs. I'm mainly thinking of Jeremy and Kiira.

BravesSkateFan

Medalist
Great topic :)

All I want for Christmas is:
-Full recoveries and fabulous skates at Nationals for Alissa and Evan
-Shibs back on the World podium
-An Ashley, Alissa, Mirai Nationals podium (in any order)
-Clean programs from everyone for the rest of the season
-Fernandez on the Worlds podium

Buttercup

Record Breaker
-The judging system is changed to make the second mark more like the second mark in 6.0--based on the how the skaters rank at the competition and not so many categories
-No anonymous judging
Yes yes yes to the second. Partial yes to the first - I don't want a single second mark, but I would like to see fewer components and to have them made clearer. And while a skater can make technical mistakes and still be good on the components, there should be some relation between a messy skate and the PCS.

Great topic :)

-Full recoveries and fabulous skates at Nationals for Alissa and Evan
-Shibs back on the World podium
-An Ashley, Alissa, Mirai Nationals podium (in any order)
-Clean programs from everyone for the rest of the season
-Fernandez on the Worlds podium
I think you should have added something for the Braves too ;)

BravesSkateFan

Medalist
@buttercup Well the thread did say Figure Skating Edition, but heck I'll throw a WS win for the Braves in there :)

MK's Winter

Record Breaker

1. A Michelle Kwan comeback a la Lysacek and Wier ( I am not afraid to dream:)

2. Mirai Nagasu to place top 2 at Nationals and medal at Worlds. I have never given up on Mirai and I hope she herself can realize her potential, for her and not anyone else.

3. Another season of Gold for D/W

4. That the Shibs medal at Worlds this year.

5. Hanyu to become world champion and nail his entire long program. He is such a beautiful skater!

senatormls

On the Ice
Great thread! My Christmas wish list: 1. Fernandez on the podium at Europeans
2. Fernandez to project to the audience and not just at the ice below him
3. A lady to score over 130 points at a long program
4. More star power in pairs skating
5. Tut to work her magic again like last season. Her use of hands is exquisite, good detailing
6. No more 'comebacks'
7. Fernandez to come in top 5 at Worlds ( I guess one can tell I'm a big fan of Fernandez)
8. And an emerging star from Norway!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

silverlake22

Record Breaker
An American guy who can compete with Chan, Takahashi, Hanyu, and good Fernandez & Kozuka! I don't care if he's young or old or gets the points through being handsome and skating his hips a la Joubert, I just wanna see the battle among the top widen, and include more American and European guys!

Redemption at Euros/4CC/Worlds for Abbott, Verner, Joubert. I don't care placement or score, just no more sad indications of how far you have fallen from where you once were, because you all still have it in you to be a lot better.

Showdown at US Nats with lots of 3-3s for ladies and quads for men!

skatingfan4ever

"Our blade takes us in the most amazing places."
Medalist
Country
United-States
I only have a few, but here they are.

1. Patrick skates CLEAN at Worlds and has an UNDISPUTED victory. He CAN skate clean. (Alternately, if he loses his world title I want it to be because someone CLEARLY outskates him). I'm just plain tired of all the controversial results involving Patrick. He needs to prove to everyone that he still has it.

2. The US gets 3 Ladies spots for the Olympics.

3. Jeremy skates clean programs at Nationals AND Worlds and the US Men get 3 spots for the Olympics.

4. All of the ladies around the world skate cleaner programs more often. Ladies used to be my favorite discipline, but right now I enjoy Mens and Dance a lot more. Ladies has left me relatively uninspired since Vancouver.

I'm chuckling at the last three posts and nodding my head vehemently in agreement. I'm especially impressed with senatormls's request for "more star power in pairs skating." Yes, with the exception of one or two pairs, there's been quite a drought of that worldwide, and an absolute desert of it in American skating.

I love Virtue and Moir, but they have an OGM, so my Christmas wish is for Meryl and Charlie to get an OGM for themselves. Or they could tie with V/M and both couples could get one!

Three U.S. ladies at the Olympics is definitely on my list.

I think one of my Christmas wishes has already been granted. So far, knocking on wood, YuNa seems to be doing a fine job in her comeback. Imagine--she did a triple-triple! It's so good to see a comeback skater who is not just a shadow of his/her former self. Keep it going, YuNa!

ForeverFish

Medalist
Santa, baby...

* Gracie Gold to land seven clean triples in her FS and win gold or silver at US Nats
* Ashley Wagner to medal at Worlds
* Julia Lipnitskaia to recover from her concussion and learn to skate to the music
* Elizaveta Tuktamysheva to get back to her 2011 shape
* Adelina Sotnikova to skate a clean FS for the first time in 19 months
* Yuzuru Hanyu to skate a clean FS and win gold or silver at Worlds
* Mao Asada to bring back her clean triple jumps (including the axel)
* Kanako Murakami to fix her UR issue
* D/W to take gold at Worlds and the Olympics
* Yuna Kim to have a successful comeback
* International judges to stop inflating PCS based on reputation
* Kaetlyn Osmond to have a SC-esque showing at Worlds
* Alissa Czisny to be ready for competition by US Nats
* The rising US stars to get one more spot for the US at the 2014 Olympics

That's not asking for much...right?

Last edited:
I think your list is perfectly within reason, ForeverFish.

And I add a plea for a slew of gold medals for Daisuke.

emma

Record Breaker
There's lots of wishes here that I too wish for...but after watching YuNa's programs and feeling very impressed with her combeback and loving her dresses my wish is simple: no boot covers!

Mirunna

Record Breaker
1. Daisuke wins worlds and then leaves Morozov
2. Mao gets more consistency and improves her jumps because everything else about her skating is divine
3. Yuna gets back her fire and sets the bar higher for ladies skating + a fight for gold with Mao, both at their best, like it used to be
4. S/S win Euros, Worlds and Olys
5. I/K go to Igor
6. Baby russian jumping machines start to live up to their potential
7. A Japanesse guy wins worlds
8. Judges have a revelation and realize how badly they underscored Kozuka over time and start rewarding him properly
9. Nathalie and Fabian win an Olympic medal
10. Kanako Murakami will stop being penalized for imaginary UR and DG especially on her 3T-3T combo
11. Laura Lepisto comes back healthy
12. Adelina will get her act together for euros and worlds
13. Carolina wins Euros
14. Judging will be more consistent from an event to another and no more "flation", no matter if it's inflation volotranflation and so on