All I Want For Christmas, Figure Skating Edition | Golden Skate

All I Want For Christmas, Figure Skating Edition

SubRosa

I love Lussi
Final Flight
Country
Canada
This year, I'm asking Santa for the following:

- For Akiko Suzuki, that she nails her SPs for the rest of the season, continues to skate lovely LPs, and finally gets some respect from the judges

- For Mao Asada, that she doubles the triple jump count in her LP

- For whichever lady wins Canadians, that she can place top 10 at Worlds in her home country in 2013

That's all for now, I'm sure I'll think of more in the coming weeks.

What figure skating presents would you like Santa to deliver?

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Lovely idea! :agree: My wishes for the post-Christmas season:
-for both Kostner and Yu-Na that they have great comebacks and win (respectively) Euros and Worlds 2013
-for V/M, that they finally beat D/V throughout all the season and have an all-Gold season
-for C/L, that they place on the Euros podium
-for Mao, that she lands a clean 3A again before the end of her career
-for the Russian wonderbabies, that (at least) one of them comes out well after puberty (I think that even this would be a great thing, considering the situation at the moment)
-for team Italy, that they earn more than a medal at Euros 2013!
More to come...

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
-Mao Asada starts skating like she used to. Triple Triple and the 3 axel.
-Evan makes it to Nationals and skates well.
-Abbott skates a perfect freeskate at Worlds
-That Davis and White everyone who's on top at worlds
-That the Shibs come back strong after a rough start
-Alissa gets healthy and comes back to skating
-Mirai and Ashley skate lights out at Nationals

semosk8tfan

Medalist
Country
United-States
First thing that came to my mind when I saw the title of this thread: Charlie White in my Christmas stocking!!!

Dragonlady

Final Flight
All I want for Christmas is a silver medal for Duhamel & Radford at the Grand Prix Final. They can do it and they wuz robbed in Paris.

noskates

Record Breaker
Ohhhh - Charlie White in my Christmas stocking. I'd probably scare him to death, but what a nice thought! ;)

My wish list is:

o Davis and White DOMINATE US Nats and Worlds!
o Jeremy Abbott skates a clean SP and LP at Nats (Gold medal) and Worlds (silver medal)
o Patrick Chan also skates a clean SP and LP at Worlds and wins the gold
o Johnny Weir is able to skate Nationals and skates clean (I just want him to have a good, fun skate)
o Mirai Negasu wins a medal at Nats and goes to Worlds
o Hanyu wins the Japanese men's title and continues to mature in his presentation
o Either Hanyu or Fernandez win the bronze at Worlds
o But most of all, my biggest wish is that the American television companys find merit in airing more figure skating in 2013

Fun thread, thanks for starting it.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Davis and White ride the victory train throughout the entire 2012-2013 season
Jeremy Abbott gets his mojo back and has clean skates at Nationals and Worlds
Against all odds, Hanyu wins his first World Championship
At Worlds, Wagner medals and Gold finishes top 8 to earn 3 spots for Sochi
Suzuki beats Asada at Japanese Nationals

emma

Record Breaker
My first thoughts were similar to alot of what has been already written and/or I just agree with them if I didn't think of them myself. So, to add to this: I would love to see Jason Brown conquer the triple axel.

There are so many contests that I feel conflicted about--V/M or D/W for Worlds? Mao or YuNa?--that I've decided to wish for everyone to be at the top of his or her game. Then we fans can just pig out on a feast of splendid skating, and none of us needs to feel pain or regret on behalf of our favorite skaters.

And Charlie White in my Christmas stocking wouldn't be bad, either. Is he booked solid for the day, or is there room left for a visit to me?

noskates

Record Breaker
Olympia, I have Charlie from 09:00 to 10:00. He might have some time free after that! ;)

And Emma, bless you. I would LOVE to see Jason Brown conquer that 3A. He caught my attention at US Nats this year and I really love watching him skate. He has a quietness about him that belies his age. I really think he's the heir apparent to Jeremy. Many would disagree but I think he's fabulous. I do wish he'd get a different choreographer though.

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
Any of the following skaters in my Christmas stocking: Robin Szolkowy, Fabian Bourzat, Nathalie Pechalat, Scott Moir, Tessa Virtue, Luca Lanotte, Anna Cappellini
A conversation with Pasqaule Camerlengo and Anjelika Krylova
Patrick Chan gets a technical coach (Manon Peron, perhaps)
Virtue/Moir. Domination at the GPF and Worlds (but take a break from WTT)
K/S beating V/T in a major international competition
Javier Fernandez winning Euros
Ross Miner winning Nationals, Jeremy taking a medal at worlds
Kozuka and Suzuki win Nationals.
For the ISU to institute a spot trading policy, so that Canada can get some more dance spots (I want Osmond to do well, but do we really need a second ladies spot?). The politicking would be insane.

FSGMT

Record Breaker
V/T to change their SP, and I/K to leave Morozov (and that horrible Ghost FD)!! :biggrin:

kwanatic

Check out my YT channel, Bare Ice!
Record Breaker
Ooh, fun! Okay, all I want for Christmas is for...

- The US nationals podium to be like this: (1) Ashley Wagner, (2) Mirai Nagasu, (3) Christina Gao, (4) Gracie Gold, (5) Angela Wang
- Adelina Sotnikova to find some confidence.
- Julia Lipnitskaya to learn to listen and relate to the music.
- Akiko Suzuki to not be part of anymore judging scandals.
- Mao Asada's jumps to return to her skating; not the 3-3s or axel...I just mean her jumps in general.
- Yu-Na Kim to have a respectable return to skating.
- Dick and Peggy to commentate at nationals one more time. ;)

And at the top of my Christmas list... I want an invitation to the Kween's wedding to Clay Pell! Hey, I can dream, can't I? :)

Buttercup

Record Breaker
Any of the following skaters in my Christmas stocking: Robin Szolkowy, Fabian Bourzat, Nathalie Pechalat, Scott Moir, Tessa Virtue, Luca Lanotte, Anna Cappellini
That would be some Christmas. And a very large stocking, no doubt. :p

- For Akiko Suzuki, that she nails her SPs for the rest of the season, continues to skate lovely LPs, and finally gets some respect from the judges
-for C/L, that they place on the Euros podium
-for Mao, that she lands a clean 3A again before the end of her career
-for team Italy, that they earn more than a medal at Euros 2013!
K/S beating V/T in a major international competition
V/T to change their SP, and I/K to leave Morozov (and that horrible Ghost FD)!! :biggrin:
I'm Jewish, but I'll sign off on all these ;)

Also, for the following to happen would be nice too, let's call them general holiday wishes: * S/S to dump their LP and the LP costumes - and preferably the SP ones too * Joubert to finish ahead of Amodio in the foreseeable future and skate well to beat some other people (whom I will not mention) * P/B to make it three in a row and two in a row * someone to land a 4F * Amodio and V/T to leave Morozov * Dai to dump his blah programs * Morozov to discover his calling requires entering a monastery for an extended period of time * the ISU to put a time limit on step sequences and go back to requiring a discernible pattern for them * for Nathan Chen, that it won't be Osgood-Schlatter (or anything worse) * that someone will finally build a rink near where I live.

FSGMT

Record Breaker
* Morozov to discover his calling requires entering a monastery for an extended period of time * the ISU to put a time limit on step sequences and go back to requiring a discernible pattern for them
:biggrin: Beautiful, especially the first one!

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
To all Technical Panelists: Everyone on the same page and consistency with your UR and DG calls.

To all Judges: Eyeglasses for those of you with crummy vision, and new Spines installed for those who can't mark PCS components separately and without reputation or beauty bonuses.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I sort of agree but the problem is PCS are in the eye of the beholder just as GOE's are in the eye of the beholder. People pick on Chan and Mao but then a good argument can be made Hanyu has been gifted (yes, there will be people furious but a good argument can be made). We have seen Carolina missing almost everything and get held up and when she flops she really flops.

LongTimeLurker

On the Ice
My wish (besides several skaters in my stocking) is for fair judging that is not anonymous. Hey, I can dream and believe in Santa, can't I????

skateluvr

Record Breaker
abbott has perfect skates at nationals, podiums at worlds ang goes to Schi with top 5 finish.