USFSA announce cities for 2015 and 2016 nationals | Golden Skate

USFSA announce cities for 2015 and 2016 nationals

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
http://www.usfsa.org/Story.asp?id=48720&type=media

The 2015 U.S. Championships in Greensboro are slated for Jan. 18-25, 2015, at the Greensboro Coliseum Complex. The event was last held in Greensboro in 2011. The Greensboro Coliseum is currently undergoing major renovations that are expected to be completed in time for the championships. For more information, please visit www.2015uschampionships.com.

The 2016 U.S. Championships in Saint Paul will take place Jan. 16-24, 2016, at Xcel Energy Center. The city of Saint Paul also hosted the 2008 U.S. Championships. Champions included 2010 Olympians Mirai Nagasu, Evan Lysacek and Tanith Belbin and Ben Agosto. Please visit www.2016uschampionships.com for information

Wow, Greensboro must have been super impressive to get it again (a la Spokane) in such a short time period! Greensboro is a nice city.

It would be fun to to the twin cities as well...I interned in Minneapolis several summers ago while I was college.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
St. Paul was a great venue, IMO. I might have to do that one again.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I'd love to do nationals, but it will all depend on whether Mr. P and I have some little ones hanging out by then....don't think I want to take a infant (or even a toddler) to U.S. Nationals.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I'd love to do nationals, but it will all depend on whether Mr. P and I have some little ones hanging out by then....don't think I want to take a infant (or even a toddler) to U.S. Nationals.

yeah that could be difficult, though I've seen folks with little ones make it work (how I don't know).

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
yeah that could be difficult, though I've seen folks with little ones make it work (how I don't know).

It could be fun when they're 5 and reading and such. I love the idea of taking my future children to different places. Not sure I want to explain COP to a kid though. :p

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
We really enjoyed Greensboro. Having the practice rink in the same complex as the main rink was a real plus. Also our hotel & meals were reasonably priced (we didn't stay at the skater's hotel though).

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Yahoo!!!! I loved Greensboro and my hotel on the shuttle route, near restaurants and everything was reasonably priced. Nice arena and they are going to BURN all those crappy seats and get new ones!!!! And a practice rink on site. And this time the logo wont have the Wright Flyer flying backwards!!!!! I am glad to see that some nice city has seen how lucrative the nats can be and wants us back.....
This time at St Paul, I am not driving from Spokane and getting my car broken into in the main arena parking lot (no security cameras) at 20 below and comuting to my relative's house. I am flying and dining...party time! Its a great pitched arena with a dynamite espresso stand.....Yeahaa!

pitterpatter

On the Ice
Just looked those cities up, but unfortunately too far for me to get to :p. Got the bright idea to drive down to the States for Skate America this year, since SC was on the other side of the country again, and surprisingly it worked out well.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Just looked those cities up, but unfortunately too far for me to get to :p. Got the bright idea to drive down to the States for Skate America this year, since SC was on the other side of the country again, and surprisingly it worked out well.

Hey hey! You were at SA this year? I wish I knew, would have invited you to our GS meetup. :) Oh well, next time!

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Yahoo!!!! I loved Greensboro and my hotel on the shuttle route, near restaurants and everything was reasonably priced. Nice arena and they are going to BURN all those crappy seats and get new ones!!!! And a practice rink on site. And this time the logo wont have the Wright Flyer flying backwards!!!!! I am glad to see that some nice city has seen how lucrative the nats can be and wants us back.....
This time at St Paul, I am not driving from Spokane and getting my car broken into in the main arena parking lot (no security cameras) at 20 below and comuting to my relative's house. I am flying and dining...party time! Its a great pitched arena with a dynamite espresso stand.....Yeahaa!

You drove to St. Paul from Spokane?! You crazy DOT guy...

I had to drive from Kentucky to Washington in February when I moved for my job and let's just say....I would avoid a lot of those roads if I were to do it again. :p

Greensboro is a lovely city--been to a conference there a few times. I just might have to figure out a way to attend....

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Thrilled to pieces that it's coming back to Greensboro! Driving distance, woohoo!

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
You drove to St. Paul from Spokane?! You crazy DOT guy...

I had to drive from Kentucky to Washington in February when I moved for my job and let's just say....I would avoid a lot of those roads if I were to do it again. :p

Greensboro is a lovely city--been to a conference there a few times. I just might have to figure out a way to attend....
Yes, I know that now....I was crazy...I did save money by staying at relatives and commuting but it wasnt worth it. I drove to Colorado Springs for an event too and had lots of storms
in Wyoming...next Colorado Springs event I flew! As much as I hate flying commercial aviation, its hard to beat most of the time.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
We drove from Florida to Greensboro for Nationals. But we flew to SkAm.

Still, all and all, we'd rather drive; it's just easier if one of you has limited mobility.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Yes, I know that now....I was crazy...I did save money by staying at relatives and commuting but it wasnt worth it. I drove to Colorado Springs for an event too and had lots of storms
in Wyoming...next Colorado Springs event I flew! As much as I hate flying commercial aviation, its hard to beat most of the time.

Try Seattle to Florida by going down I-5 and then across on I-40. Did it in 4 days. It was the road trip from Hell.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Try Seattle to Florida by going down I-5 and then across on I-40. Did it in 4 days. It was the road trip from Hell.

Yes, I bet. I would not want anyone spending any time on I-5...:p Driving to Disney World?