Donations | Golden Skate

Donations

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Till last month, I was unaware that there was a quick and easy way to give tax deductable donations to my favorite US skaters' skating programs. My donations, be they 5 bucks, 10 bucks or 100 bucks, are appreciated and go directly into
an account that pays for their coaches, rink time, etc. And I receive nice personal cards from the skaters, Signed Autographs, etc. The best part is forcing the Feral Government to help pay for
my skaters come tax time. :) The non profit organization that handles this is called the NEASF, but there is usally a link to this or a form directly on the skaters' official web sites. I know a few skaters casually and know from other fans too that many of of our skaters are not rich. Just a thought if you want a warm fuzzy feeling....it is better to light one candle than curse the darkness.

Oreo

On the Ice
Thanks for posting this and pointing out that even small donations help immensely. I think of the pleasure I get from watching skaters who work their hearts out, and I have no problem sacrificing a couple of mindless trips to the coffeehouse up the street.

BTW, "feral" government = :laugh:

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Thanks for posting this and pointing out that even small donations help immensely. I think of the pleasure I get from watching skaters who work their hearts out, and I have no problem sacrificing a couple of mindless trips to the coffeehouse up the street.

BTW, "feral" government = :laugh:
Oh yeah, ref the feral government. I dont think politics are allowed here so I will pass on my comments on our gov't.
Ref: small donations....you are correct. If you are a skater and a bunch of your true blue fans send $10 a year cause they dont have much money themselves, that is just as good as a more financially better off person sending in $100. And the feeling you get watching them skate, knowing that you helped pay for a lesson, etc. is a very good one. It is the spirit of Christmas and it really is better to give than receive.

sanchez

Spectator
I admire what you have done here. I like the part where you say you are doing this to give back but I would assume by all the comments that this is working for you as well.
hanks for sharing, please keep an update about this info. love to read it more. i like this site too much. Good