Ashley Wagner | Page 11 | Golden Skate

Ashley Wagner

mustafakent

On the Ice
My love wins the title.:love:Nothing is more important when I see everything she has been through has paid off.Always be there and touch my heart with your skating.

Also, I found that on Twitter : Ashley Wagner becomes first U.S. singles skater to win int'l event that included reigning Oly or World champ since Lysacek at 2010 Olympics.

breynows

On the Ice
Yesss!!!!! :cheer: :cheer:
Ashley finally won her so deserved gold medal. Couldn't be happier for her. Also, congrats for surpassing 200 points :dance:

Ashley slayed. :devil:

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
My love wins the title.:love:Nothing is more important when I see everything she has been through has paid off.Always be there and touch my heart with your skating.

Also, I found that on Twitter : Ashley Wagner becomes first U.S. singles skater to win int'l event that included reigning Oly or World champ since Lysacek at 2010 Olympics.

Wow, that is very cool.

I agree completely with you ... Ashley touches my heart with her skating. That's the whole ball game.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
130, done! 200, achieved! :gclap: GP gold, received!

Hopefully she can pace herself and keep the momentum going into Worlds (yes, I'm already thinking that far. Yes, I'm still not over that SP in 2015 WC).

solani

Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Great FS! I liked it the changes they made to the program and the dress. It's so good to have a lady in the mix. :)

theskatingbutterfly

On the Ice
I'm so excited for her!! I was shaking after she won. And then when she got her medal, it looked like she was getting a little emotional during the national anthem. I am so proud of Ash!! I knew she could do it and she SLAYED the competition!!

tulosai

Record Breaker
I've spent some time making Ashley's original post on the first page of this thread nice and shiny! I am wondering if anyone knows of any links I am missing to her early performances (before 2011-2102 season)? If you go look at the OP performances listed in black (that are not blue and clickable) are the ones I'm missing a link to. I've spent quite some time looking but am having a really hard time finding a lot of her performances before 2011.

I'm also wondering if anyone knows of any amazing interviews or articles that should definitely be there?

I definitely don't expect anyone to devote any kind of time to this but if there is something obvious out there that you know I'm missing please let me know! Thanks for any help :yahoo:

skylark

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
130, done! 200, achieved! :gclap: GP gold, received!

Hopefully she can pace herself and keep the momentum going into Worlds (yes, I'm already thinking that far. Yes, I'm still not over that SP in 2015 WC).

I'm thinking that far too, and it sounds like Ashley is as well. What's genius is that Rafael apparently used that long-term thinking as a way to get her to overcome her feeling, before the FS, that she wasn't ready and "didn't want to do this." She turned it into an opportunity instead of a scary hurdle. An opportunity to practice her program, on her way to worlds. Which is great ... if the team can keep that mindset going even when she gets to Worlds!

I love Ashley as a skater, but I also love the journey she's on to use whatever mental obstacles she has as stepping stones. Very inspiring.

I'm not a fan of Liza Tuk's skating, but I really admire how she dealt with questions after her SP. "Everybody can make a mistake, but I'm happy I kept fighting." I'd like to teach our girls Ashley and Gracie this response! But they're honest, and answer media questions with frank openness. Oh well, that's something I like about Ashley, too.

tulosai

Record Breaker
I'm thinking that far too, and it sounds like Ashley is as well. What's genius is that Rafael apparently used that long-term thinking as a way to get her to overcome her feeling, before the FS, that she wasn't ready and "didn't want to do this." She turned it into an opportunity instead of a scary hurdle. An opportunity to practice her program, on her way to worlds. Which is great ... if the team can keep that mindset going even when she gets to Worlds!

I love Ashley as a skater, but I also love the journey she's on to use whatever mental obstacles she has as stepping stones. Very inspiring.

I'm not a fan of Liza Tuk's skating, but I really admire how she dealt with questions after her SP. "Everybody can make a mistake, but I'm happy I kept fighting." I'd like to teach our girls Ashley and Gracie this response! But they're honest, and answer media questions with frank openness. Oh well, that's something I like about Ashley, too.

I also find both Liza and Ashley to be inspiring :) I wish them all the best going forward this season!

tulosai

Record Breaker
I only found TEB 2007 Short program. Also found out that Ashley has (had) her own youtube account. It's fun to watch her from few years ago :)

Thanks for that program but mostly...

OMG!!! That actually is a youtube account! I wonder why she stopped vlogging- I wish she'd start up again. It could also net her some (minor) supplementary income since she is self supporting- I don't think it's crazy to think she could get at least a few thousand clicks per video.

ETA: I have added both to the OP, thank you SO much again!

Last edited:

skylark

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
So I was wondering if anyone else thinks that Ashley should get her seamstress to make her a dress like the one of Marissa's that she wore for her SP last week-end? I think it looked so great on her, it's a great style for her and very becoming to her curvy figure, which IMO is one of her assets.