Grand Prix Final: Julia out with Injury, Christina Gao in. | Golden Skate

Grand Prix Final: Julia out with Injury, Christina Gao in.

pista04

On the Ice
What a surprise for Gao! After seeing skaters like Emily Hughes and Rachael Flatt struggle with full-time college and skating, we got to see an up-and-comer not only finally breakthrough, but do it after being concerned about her ability to do both!! And, good news for Wagner as well. If she can hold off Asada (which may be less than difficult if she repeats NHK) and if Suzuki has another weak SP, Wagner should have a great chance at gold. =]

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
What a surprise for Gao! After seeing skaters like Emily Hughes and Rachael Flatt struggle with full-time college and skating, we got to see an up-and-comer not only finally breakthrough, but do it after being concerned about her ability to do both!! And, good news for Wagner as well. If she can hold off Asada (which may be less than difficult if she repeats NHK) and if Suzuki has another weak SP, Wagner should have a great chance at gold. =]

To be fair, Rachael's struggles seem to do more with her lingering injuries than balancing school and skating, but it certainly didn't help, I'm sure.

Yay Christina for this great opportunity! I hope she seizes it.

Whitneyskates

On the Ice
I hate to see any skater injured but I am really happy for Christina. I'm also wishing a speedy recovery for Julia.