2012 Golden Spin of Zagreb Dec. 13 to 15 | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2012 Golden Spin of Zagreb Dec. 13 to 15

FSGMT

Record Breaker
I love it! Her PCS are a bad joke. No world champion reputation even in a B competition, I wonder why. She was actually underscored IMO
Yes, it looks like that all the others gain "reputation points" when they win big competition, she simply doesn't :( Anyway, I hope the judges in the big competition will give her the marks she deserve! (And, no, 64.99 is not low, but if you compare it to Korpi's 69 with the same jumps...)

naan

Rinkside
Yes, it looks like that all the others gain "reputation points" when they win big competition, she simply doesn't :( Anyway, I hope the judges in the big competition will give her the marks she deserve! (And, no, 64.99 is not low, but if you compare it to Korpi's 69 with the same jumps...)

I love Carolina, she is my second favorite in current ladies, but I have to disagree about that.
She always gets huge PCS no matter how she skates. Don't you remember what happened in 09 Worlds and 10 Olympics? She was 21st in TES, but her PCS was 5th-7th around. She's almost got the highest PCS in each competition since 2010 even though her TES was weak. I think judges give her enough marks she deserves, sometimes more than she deserves, IMO.

Anyway, I agree that she was underscored a couple of points in this competition. I think scores between events are not comparable, I believe judges will give her the marks she deserves in major competition. We don't have to worry about this now :)

I like her new SP! - similar to her former programs, but enjoyed it! She always has a great music choice ;)

FSGMT

Record Breaker
I love Carolina, she is my second favorite in current ladies, but I have to disagree about that.
She always gets huge PCS no matter how she skates. Don't you remember what happened in 09 Worlds and 10 Olympics? She was 21st in TES, but her PCS was 5th-7th around. She's almost got the highest PCS in each competition since 2010 even though her TES was weak. I think judges give her enough marks she deserves, sometimes more than she deserves, IMO.

Anyway, I agree that she was underscored a couple of points in this competition. I think scores between events are not comparable, I believe judges will give her the marks she deserves in major competition. We don't have to worry about this now :)

I like her new SP! - similar to her former programs, but enjoyed it! She always has a great music choice ;)
Yes, I understand what you mean, I am the first to agree that she didn't deserve 7s in Vancouver or Los Angeles (no skater with two or three falls should receive artistic marks higher than 6, in my opinion, and it's a general thing!), but her skate yesterday was stunning, and (considering the marks the judges usually give in the B competitions), a 6.75 is totally unjustified! Yu-Na received 34+ at NRW and Kiira 33 (but that was in Finland, yes), so I think that Caro deserved at least 32 here!

naan

Rinkside
Yes, I understand what you mean, I am the first to agree that she didn't deserve 7s in Vancouver or Los Angeles (no skater with two or three falls should receive artistic marks higher than 6, in my opinion, and it's a general thing!), but her skate yesterday was stunning, and (considering the marks the judges usually give in the B competitions), a 6.75 is totally unjustified! Yu-Na received 34+ at NRW and Kiira 33 (but that was in Finland, yes), so I think that Caro deserved at least 32 here!
Yes, Caro deserved more than 32! ;) Judges, be generous! It's the B competition! :biggrin:

FlattFan

Match Penalty

She actually performed her program in 2009 W and 10 Olympics. And if you look at Patrick Chan, his PCS were always at the top no matter how he skated. Why can't the same apply to Caro. Even in 2009, her SS should be #1. Maybe P/E should be lower, but overall, should be higher than most other girls, not 5-7th place.

For the longest time, she got 28-29, and 58-59 PCS for SP and LP. Never got the kind of PCS Wagner is getting for someone so "new" to the world scene.

Krislite

Medalist
I can't wait to see this program in better quality, it looks great!:love: And as for the score...it was her first competition this season, she was flawless and will win this by mile. The judges really didn't have anyone to compare her with. So who cares about the scores, it's great :clap: (and actually, I don't see 64,99 as a low score at all)

Exactly. 64.99 isn't a low score at all compared to other ladies' SP this season. Mao got 66.96 at the GPF for her short. It's well within the range of what's expected for a top lady.

Now compared to Yuna's SP score and PCS scores this season, it's another matter, but Yuna is unique to say the least...especially when it comes to short programs.

Kostner looks to be in good shape and I'm definitely looking forward to the showdown at Worlds. :)

Krislite

Medalist
Not bad. Seems she wasn't in shape for the long:

3Lz (step-out)
2A
2F+2T (doubled)
3Lo
3T+2T
1S+2T+2L (popped)
3S

Good for her for going for the 3Lutz.

suzukifan27

Match Penalty
She is visibly slow from the angle of those videos or maybe her 'lightening speed' in the past was just a myth?

Tanja90

On the Ice
i think it's more because of the music..at the beginning it is slower but then right before the step it's faster and Carolina too... I love the program!!

SXTN

Final Flight
Not bad. Seems she wasn't in shape for the long:

3Lz (step-out)
2A
2F+2T (doubled)
3Lo
3T+2T
1S+2T+2L (popped)
3S

Good for her for going for the 3Lutz.

Nice to see the Lutz back!

I'm curious to know if she intended to do a 3F-3T here.

The last Salchow is way toooo risky because it comes out of nothing and 2 seconds later the music stops. If she is only a little behind the music, it won't work.

I think a couple of times we will see an alternative finishing pose, that's being her down on the ice !?:rolleye:

But the program is great!

FSGMT

Record Breaker
At least, she won't be criticized because of not trying the lutz: with a 3F+3T or a 2A+3T she'll be attempting 7 triples! :clap: And the program is so elegant, complex, difficult, innovative, even if she clearly didn't perform her best today!