• Moore-Towers/Moscovitch

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Who do you think will take gold at the GPF in the pairs division?

Christine

Spectator
It can't be any other pair than Volozozhar/Trankov. Their only real challengers aren't here. However, if they have an off day (which I do not hope, I always enjoy it when couples can show a top performance whichever country they represent) and Pang and Tong have a good day, it is of course theoretically possible they will be beaten. But I don't expect that to happen, and certainly don't hope for it as far as Volozhar/Trankov are concerned - although Pang and tong having a good day would of course be wonderful.

3T3T

Final Flight
Country
Ireland
I voted for V/T but I really would like K/S to skate their very best and win. They have my favourite programmes this year.

tulosai

Record Breaker
Better to ask who will take silver. That's the interesting poll for pairs.

Rachmaninoff

Final Flight
Better to ask who will take silver. That's the interesting poll for pairs.

That's exactly what they did at CBC sports:

Who's the No. 2 Pair?

It's set up so the choices are Duhamel & Radford, Pang & Tong, and Kavaguti & Smirnov. Oddly, most people are picking the Canadians or Chinese, even though I think K&S have great programs this year and an excellent chance at the silver.

I'd love for one of these teams to actually win and upset V&T. Don't think it's gonna happen though.

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
It can't be any other pair than Volozozhar/Trankov. Their only real challengers aren't here. However, if they have an off day (which I do not hope, I always enjoy it when couples can show a top performance whichever country they represent) and Pang and Tong have a good day, it is of course theoretically possible they will be beaten. But I don't expect that to happen, and certainly don't hope for it as far as Volozhar/Trankov are concerned - although Pang and tong having a good day would of course be wonderful.

I think V/T will take it, although I hope they take it with a good, relatively clean skate. I don't know about Pang and Tong, with his injury and therefore his doubling of the jumps a lot, I'm not sure if they could win. I think if V/T don't win it might be K/S.

LRK

Record Breaker
I think - and voted - V/T, though I'd prefer P/T or K/S. I hope they all do well, though, and hope for the best, cleanest skates possible.

tulosai

Record Breaker
That's exactly what they did at CBC sports:

Who's the No. 2 Pair?

It's set up so the choices are Duhamel & Radford, Pang & Tong, and Kavaguti & Smirnov. Oddly, most people are picking the Canadians or Chinese, even though I think K&S have great programs this year and an excellent chance at the silver.

I'd love for one of these teams to actually win and upset V&T. Don't think it's gonna happen though.

Haha I actually think B/L are going to be the number 2 pair and CBC is goign to get a rude awakening, but we will see :)

StellaCampo

On the Ice
Other than V/T any pair can be No.2, except possibly MT/M.
To me the pairs' field is pretty weak, except for V/T and S/S.
P/T - they used to belong up there with S/S etc I thought but they seem to have this timing issue regarding ending their career. I still love them, though and their choice of music for LP.
D/R - sorry to say this but to me they are a good example of triumph of sport over art.
B/L - not sure why they are now leading the second tier of pairs.
K/S - not sure why, now that they are more like a true pair and beautiful to watch, they are going downhill in terms of ranking.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Pointless question, really. Because, unless something disasterous happens, we all know who is going to win!

There again, something disasterous did happen with Alyona and Robin...

As for who will join Tatiana and Maxim on the podium, I quite fancy Vera and Yuri to surprise us and get the silver. It should be them, Yuko and Alexander, and Meagan and Eric fighting over the remaining podium positions anyway (not sure which will be the unlucky pair to miss out on the podium, though).

You know, I am really amazed that CBC did not include Bazarova and Larionov in the options in their vote. They have a great chance of getting silver!

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
"Pointless question, really. Because, unless something disasterous happens, we all know who is going to win!

There again, something disasterous did happen with Alyona and Robin...""

Speaking of diasters, Tatiana Volosozhar and Maxim Trankov's skate was rather a distaster and they still won!! So I guess FS judging has not really changed that much. Look out for the Sochi Olympics!