Kim to compete at NRW Trophy for points | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Kim to compete at NRW Trophy for points

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
Yu-Na gets the highest SP score of the season, with only Level 3's on all of her elements. I love it! LMAO! It would be really cool if she actually only went for Level 3's in the future and just focused on doing great positions and tons of speed in the spins, but I know her team is going to force her to cram in the ugly positions to get Level 4's - like that attempted hop in her combination spin, which is NOT cute, and the attempted change-of-edge at the end of the flying camel, which really slows the whole thing down and she also didn't get credit for. Go for the +GOE's here, not the Levels!! It makes the whole program look better!

Actually, though, she could get Level 4's on all of the spins and still have them look better than what is currently choreographed:

Flying Camel features - difficult entrance, upside down position, donut position (Yu-Na did this in the past), and the more upright catch-foot position (which she currently does).

Layback features - sideways position, switch to classic position with clear increase of speed, haircutter position, beillman position

Combination Spin features - open with camel spin on the left foot and do a change of edge (it's easier and cleaner looking, for Yu-Na at least, to do this on her left foot as opposed to changing edge on the right foot in the flying camel), down into pike sit-spin position, change feet and do the corkscrew position (doesn't have to be in a full sit, just whatever she prefers most and would look best), and then up into a cross-foot upright position (instead of the catch-foot upright, please for the love of GOD!), before ending with a quick scratch spin.

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
To get about two and a half more points she could flip the 2A and 3S combos with 2A+3T and 3S+2T+2L. Maybe at Worlds, eh?

Krislite

Medalist
To get about two and a half more points she could flip the 2A and 3S combos with 2A+3T and 3S+2T+2L. Maybe at Worlds, eh?

No, she can't repeat 3T as well, since she's already repeating 3Lz and 3S. It's the new rule that you can only do a maximum of 2Axels that forced Yuna to give up her 2A+3T combo.

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
No, she can't repeat 3T as well, since she's already repeating 3Lz and 3S. It's the new rule that you can only do a maximum of 2Axels that forced Yuna to give up her 2A+3T combo.

Ah, I see. Then in order to do this, she would have to turn one of her 3S in to a 3Lo (which would then increase her current base value by about 3.5 points). But I guess that's just a huge problem jump for her, so it's not that great of an idea.

Last edited:

Nadia01

Final Flight
Ah, I see. Then in order to do this, she would have to turn one of her 3S in to a 3Lo (which would then increase her current base value by about 3.5 points). But I guess that's just a huge problem jump for her, so it's not the great of any idea.

It is & the story is that it aggravates her old injury.

Krislite

Medalist
Yuna scored over 200 points at NRW Trophy. She made some mistakes in her free program but it was beautifully performed, I feel.

The mistakes were towards the second half, suggesting she still lacks enough stamina to get to the end:

3Lutz+3Toe (clean)
3Flip (clean)
3Salchow (clean)
3Lutz (clean)
1Axel+1Toe+1Loop (intended to be 2A+2T+2L)
3Salchow+2Toe (fall on 2T)
2Axel (clean)

Great jumps and a great performance, though! I love this program and the choreography. :)

adamanna

Rinkside
I wish she would compete at 4CC and some B-events... Or at least at Korean Nationals. FS needs to get more mileage. Her main goal at Worlds is to get a spot at The Olys, but strategically it may be better to go to Olys as a World Champion.

Nadia01

Final Flight
I wish she would compete at 4CC and some B-events... Or at least at Korean Nationals. FS needs to get more mileage. Her main goal at Worlds is to get a spot at The Olys, but strategically it may be better to go to Olys as a World Champion.

She is going to compete at Korean Nats this year. She already made that clear. I don't believe she plans to go to 4CC tho. :sigh: I hate the Pyoengchang Oly committee...since they're making her do something when 4CC is happening.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
If Yuna is serious about skating again she needs to compete at more then just a couple events a year. Even as great as she is when she was at Worlds 2011 she was rusty and it showed. Just one or two competitions beforehand and she would have been in much better competitive shape. I would love to see her at 4CC.

She is going to compete at Korean Nats this year. She already made that clear. I don't believe she plans to go to 4CC tho. :sigh: I hate the Pyoengchang Oly committee...since they're making her do something when 4CC is happening.

AFAIK, it is not related to PC olympic but to Special Olympics. She's the ambassador for this event and Michelle, who is among the boards of Special Olympcs committee, once mentioned that she and Yuna might do galas together there.

Nadia01

Final Flight
AFAIK, it is not related to PC olympic but to Special Olympics. She's the ambassador for this event and Michelle, who is among the boards of Special Olympcs committee, once mentioned that she and Yuna might do galas together there.

Ah OK. Thanks for clarification. Has this been confirmed (the gala I mean)?

adamanna

Rinkside

hmmm, I think she's not a slave of the committee. She is a strong person. She simply has other priorities I guess... Anyway, it's great she's going to be at Nats.
I think next year she should have a full season with Gran Prix circuit. And she has to win at least one of these two events - Worlds 2013 or Gran Prix final 2013 to ease her Olympic road

Nadia01

Final Flight
hmmm, I think she's not a slave of the committee. She is a strong person. She simply has other priorities I guess... Anyway, it's great she's going to be at Nats.
I think next year she should have a full season with Gran Prix circuit. And she has to win at least one of these two events - Worlds 2013 or Gran Prix final 2013 to ease her Olympic road

I do believe she's going to do a full season next year. I can't imagine her not doing that, not for the Oly year.

adamanna

Rinkside
I LOOOOVE her new dresses:love:
I'm not very much thrilled with choreography of the new FS, but it's fine for this season. Olympic programs will be more gorgeous I believe. FS music is a much better choice, compared to SP music.
I can't wait to see her at Worlds!