Kim to compete at NRW Trophy for points | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Kim to compete at NRW Trophy for points

MiRé

Match Penalty
omggg I'm dying for that new dress!
However, I feel like person who uploaded swapped the music or something because I couldn't hear people cheering after her jumps, and when she was warming up, there were definitely cheers....... butttt at least I saw her jumps!

clairecloutier

Final Flight
Oh, my. She's back!! That 3Ltz/3toe--amazing!

I think the pressure on Mao, Ashley & Akiko just went up about 20 notches.

Krislite

Medalist
I just have to laugh and chuckle after all this talk of Yuna watering down her content and playing it safe. Since when has she ever done that? Just because it's trendy for the ladies these days doesn't mean she'll go that route...

She definitely didn't need that jump layout to get the minimum qualifying points.

emma

Record Breaker
omggg I'm dying for that new dress!
However, I feel like person who uploaded swapped the music or something because I couldn't hear people cheering after her jumps, and when she was warming up, there were definitely cheers....... butttt at least I saw her jumps!

I know! That dress is truly :love:

:jaw::bow::party2:

So, do you think she'll get her qualifying score? :rofl:

ditto on the emoticons and hahahahaha!

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
Great program and great scores. Her lowest PCS is Transitions, and I agree with that. She is terrific in every other aspect, but I'd like to see her do more transitions at the beginning of her program.

Nadia01

Final Flight
Great program and great scores. Her lowest PCS is Transitions, and I agree with that. She is terrific in every other aspect, but I'd like to see her do more transitions at the beginning of her program.

Guess that's her way of "watering down" her content :)

BlackAxel

Final Flight
Just watched the youtube vid of Yu-Na's SP and it is nice to see that even after the break, her jumps still look strong and crisp. She had a minor error on her 2A but overall, she did a good job.
Couldnt help but notice her lack of flexibility in her spins (compared to her previous spins in the past).
IMO, I think her PCS are way too high but again this is just my opinion...

Nadia01

Final Flight
Just watched the youtube vid of Yu-Na's SP and it is nice to see that even after the break, her jumps still look strong and crisp. She had a minor error on her 2A but overall, she did a good job.
Couldnt help but notice her lack of flexibility in her spins (compared to her previous spins in the past).

She's not a naturally flexible skater, and I suspect she lost a lot of her flexibility during her break. She commented that getting her spin positions back was one of the most difficult things about this comeback. (She did not say the same about her jumps...)

naan

Rinkside
I can't believe this is her first competition after a long break! OMG She is GORGEOUS! :love:

aftertherain

Record Breaker
Let me just get this out of the way: Her skating was kind of awkward for me.

With that said ... dang, girl! Amazing first competition; just as you would expect from a truly gifted skater's comeback and I hope she is able to refine this program.

And hopefully Mao gets rejuvenated by Yuna's time back on the ice. Gracious, I'd love to see some of that (friendly!) rivalry again.

ks777

Record Breaker
I was so bored with ladies skating without Yuna. I thought she did great, after all it was her first competition in 2-3yrs? Her jumps are still huge! can't wait to see more of her.

bluesky85

On the Ice

Yeah, she was amazing overall especially her huge and crisp jumps, but her spins were not 100% yet and I would like to see more flexibility in her. Also, her PCS was even higher than her Olympics performance, which I don't think is right, because she still felt a little awkward after 20 months of break. But then, that is a trend in figure skating these days, and considering other skaters who get higher PCS than they deserve, I think it is fair.

loopy

Final Flight
She skated beautifully. I loved how her short didn't feel like a required short. Her footwork was beautiful and not the rushed frantic footwork that is more common.

bluesky85

On the Ice
Let me just get this out of the way: Her skating was kind of awkward for me.

With that said ... dang, girl! Amazing first competition; just as you would expect from a truly gifted skater's comeback and I hope she is able to refine this program.

And hopefully Mao gets rejuvenated by Yuna's time back on the ice. Gracious, I'd love to see some of that (friendly!) rivalry again.

Yeah, I thought something was awkward in her performance, which showed her long break from competition. But I still couldn't believe how good she was technically and artistically even after such a long break. She will flow better after several competitions, I hope. Way to go, girl!!!