2012 2013 JGPF Pairs Short Program Junior Grand Prix Final SP | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2012 2013 JGPF Pairs Short Program Junior Grand Prix Final SP

Ilvskating

Final Flight
I know it`s difficult if the height difference is too small and it does not look good. I don't like pair with similar height either, often feel heavy and clumsy in some way. I didn`t make myself clear, I like pairs with perfect height difference, such as P/T, V/T, S/Z. S/S are fine. S girl is like B in B/S, although actually short, but looks tall because of her built and the way she carries herself.

oleada

Record Breaker
Yu/Jin had good technical elements, but their program couldn't be more forgettable if they tried. They leave you with absolutely no artistic impression and IMO that's one of the reasons their scores haven't progressed at all.

Both Canadian pairs teams are too close in height for my own personal tastes. Brittany Jones' posture has improved, but it's still quite bad. She and Beharry don't have a lot of connection and I agree with whoever said they were sloppy. I wish he'd stayed with Katherine Bobak; I thought they made a better team. Purdy/Marinaro, however, are much more graceful and have nice style. They are the only ones that look really mature, which makes sense since they've been together and on the JGP for so long now. Their twist and throws are really small, though.

Davankova/Deputat are clearly having some issues with her growth spurt, though I think this is one of their better skates this year. She's still very graceful. I hate that lift, though - she has lovely long limbs and they could be used so much better.

I don't like Vigalova and Zakorev's music and they seem like a dad skating with his little daughter, but she has tons of spark. They have a lot of potential.

Fedorova/Miroshkin are by far my favorites, though. They're just so charming! The entrance and execution of the twist is very impressive.