How long have you been skating? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

How long have you been skating?

M

mwkrules

Re: How long have you been skating?

i am 12 and have been skating for 5years and now am at british novice standard and am doing the british in april!!!!!

F

Figureskates

I am a 57 year old male who has been skating for about 5 years after a 30 year hiatus and a rebuilt left knee. Have passed my pre-pre moves and hope to pre-pre free in September. Working on my Salchow, and toeloop. Waltz jump is my best and hopefully can get comfortable with the others as well.

Now my spins, that is a whole different kettle of fish!!

M

melimeli29

I've been skating about a year and 3/4. I'm in ISI freestyle 3. I'll be testing soon, so hopefully i'll pass to 4.

SugarCoated

Rinkside
I've been skating for... 4ish years but got a serious coach just a year ago and he sucked lol. I have a new coach and shes amazing. I'm in FS 3 but i cant get that foward/backward/foward spin its evil!

blurrysarah

On the Ice
Hmm... I started taking private lessons when I was about 7, took them for a couple of months but gave it up. I started skating casually again around November 2001, but took it seriously about March 2002 when I joined a synchro team and took more private lessons. Now I'm 17 and wishing I had kept up skating from 7 years old :(

ouridol

On the Ice
Re: Re: How long have you been skating?

SkateDustin said:

Uh, no you can't take Novice freestyle before passing Novice moves. The USFSA rule book clearly states that a moves test for a certain level must be taken and passed prior to the freestyle test. You don't make it very hard to prove you wrong, and it wasn't really a waste of my time to do so. ;)

BTW, what is pre-pre-Senior freeskate? As far as I have seen in my 7 years of skating, thats not a level. :p

Go Dustin !
Oh and I believe that she/he was saying Pre-preliminary through Senior, when he/she said 'pre-pre-Senior', not as an actual level.

TwipGirl

Spectator
I started skating seriously in March, teaching myself beginning stuff. In May, I started taking group lessons, and am currently working on USFSA Basic 6.:)

blondeanglskate

Rinkside
I have been skating for 10 1/2 months and I am testing basic 7 this week. I have learned the waltz jump, salchow, and loop on good days. I can also do a scratch spin and almost all of my pre-preliminary moves.