Things I Never Tire Of | Golden Skate

Things I Never Tire Of

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Okay, it seems to me we have enough controversial topics in discussion here at Golden Skate. Therefore, it's now time for something light. I would like to start the discussion by listing things I never tire of (particularly at this time of year).

Here is my "must do" list for December:

Watching the Nutcracker Ballet at least once - either live or on tv.

Listening to the music from the Nutcracker especially if I am watching snow falling out my window.

Watching my favorite "Christmas Carol" movie - the Alastair Sim version in black and white.

Watching my other favorite Xmas time movie "It's a Wonderful Life" starring James Stewart.

Going ice skating (of course, if I can) outdoors.

Going for a walk on a nice crispy fresh fallen snowy day.

Drinking hot chocolate and just doing nothing.

Listening to Beethoven's Ninth Symphony.

These are just a few things I love to do at this time of year. Feel free to list your December "must do" list or anything you want to say.

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Nice list!

Watching videos/DVDs of my favorite skaters

rewatching favorite movies (Fantasia, The Sound of Music, Mr. Holland's Opus, The American President, The King's Speech, The Three Caballeros)

rereading a favorite book

Skating recreationally

listening to classical music - particularly Beethoven, Mozart, Handel, Haydn, Bach, Copland

attending concerts & musicals

traveling anywhere in Canada (particularly to Toronto) -not in the winter, but in the summer

Last edited:
Music! Definitely.

I'd have a long, long list of all my favorite music, which I may start writing up here after work ends today....as for movies, I agree about Fantasia and The King's Speech, and I'll add a wonderful though rarely seen Streisand musical, On a Clear Day You Can See Forever as well as Desk Set, my favorite Hepburn/Tracy musical, and Easter Parade because it has both Fred Astaire and Judy Garland--and also Broadway Melody of 1940, with Astaire and Eleanor Powell doing That Tap Dance to Begin the Beguine. A favorite feel-good movie is Music and Lyrics, with Hugh Grant and Drew Barrymore.

Also listening to Russian operas, which I don't understand at all, at all, but the music is yummy: Rimsky-Korsakov especially.

This is a great idea for a thread!

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
These are a few of my favorite things
1. Watching iluvtodd and Todd talk at a skating event
2. Attending skating events
3. Dinner with Friends
4. Motorcycle touring
5. Camping
6. Aircraft racing
7. Partying at skating events
8. Cuddling with dogs and watching romantic movies
9. Keira Knightley
10. Looking into Caydee Denney's eyes
11. Watching the International Space station fly over my house
12. Shooting steel buffaloes at 800 yards with antique rifles.
13. My wife!
14. (shoot! Almost forgot Sarah Brightman!)

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Send me $10,000 in small unmarked bills and those pics of you and Scott Hamilton will never see the light of day! :laugh:
Uh, oh! I am a *marked* woman! :laugh: :biggrin:

With Chris, you NEVER know when his secret camera will capture the moment. ;)

>giggle<

I think Iluvtodd will just say to publish and be darned, so to speak.

I can understand your putting Keira Knightley on your list. I will thus put Orlando Bloom on mine. I actually bought a doll in his likeness (from Pirates of the Caribbean), and then I used that doll in a display of the Kings and Queens of Narnia--which entailed giving him a crown to wear. Shhh! Don't tell.

Most of the rest of my list will be filled with heaps of music.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Hang onto your hats folks as this will completely shock you

One of the things I never tire of: DISNEY!

I know, you totally didn't see that coming!

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Send me $10,000 in small unmarked bills and those pics of you and Scott Hamilton will never see the light of day! :laugh:

Pics of Scott & me? Really? I want to see them!

From another Disney fan, not surprised at all!

Toni, I'm shocked, shocked, to hear that enjoyment of Disney has been going on in this establishment.

Excuse me while I tidy up my DVD collection of Fantasia, Fantasia 2000, 101 Dalmatians....And they even did the first two Narnia movies. (Not that I approve of what they did in Prince Caspian; grrrr.)

I'm adding dolls to my list. I love beautiful doll faces, and I love sewing for my dolls.

starryxskies

On the Ice

Preach! Disney is also always my default channel when there's nothing on tv and I need some noise in the house. That or any channel with Friends on.
Friends never gets old too then I guess. My teenage side is kicking in and Gossip Girl season 1 and 2 never gets old hahaha don't judge me :laugh:

Going to the airport. I always get so excited. Even if I'm just there to pick someone up.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Is it true Walt never let any employee who had contact with the public have a mustache?

No. But they had to be neatly trimmed and styled a certain way. That rule still stands.

The only people who can't are face characters (princesses, pirates, etc).

Johar

Medalist
Going swimming on a calm flat lake in the morning
Dinner with friends
Having my back massaged
Going through Crooked River to Burt Lake with friends
Being a passenger with friends and watching people tubing and skiing
Listening to Mannheim Steamroller's Silent Night

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
^ Are they from this year's Nationals or last year"s? What did I do that was so embarassing? As far as I can remember, I just spoke to him. :biggrin: