2012 Grand Prix Final Short Dance (SD) | Golden Skate

2012 Grand Prix Final Short Dance (SD)

auser

Record Breaker
Short Dance event time: Friday, Dec 7, 2012 at 6:15:00 AM PST, 9:15:00 AM EST, 14:15:00 UTC (GMT)

Warm-Up Group 1
1 Anna CAPPELLINI / Luca LANOTTE ITA
2 Elena ILINYKH / Nikita KATSALAPOV RUS
3 Ekaterina BOBROVA / Dmitri SOLOVIEV RUS

Warm-Up Group 2
4 Nathalie PECHALAT / Fabian BOURZAT FRA
5 Tessa VIRTUE / Scott MOIR CAN
6 Meryl DAVIS / Charlie WHITE USA

Live scores: http://www.isuresults.com/results/gpf1213/SEG007.HTM

streams working earlier today: http://tvonsite.org/index.php?kanal=sport2
http://www.hahasport.com/v-4/8/120/v-492049.html

Last edited:

auser

Record Breaker
C/L
This program has really grown for me. There might have been some slight baubles/out of sync maybe? But if you have ever seen Seven Brides for Seven Bros movie, this is an ambitious program.

Last edited:

Mirunna

Record Breaker
I/K's speed is amazing but they looked so wild in so many elements, especially on twizzles. C/L on the other hand were more in control and I felt at ease watching them

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Don't get why I/K got higher PCS than C/L. Can someone explain it to me? It was quite sloppy in places.

rosacotton

Final Flight
C/L
This program has really grown for me. There might have been some slight baubles/out of sync maybe? But if you have ever seen Seven Brides for Seven Bros movie, this is an ambitious program.

Completely agree with you.

And good for C/L on beating I/K in the short dance!

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
Don't get why I/K got higher PCS than C/L. Can someone explain it to me? It was quite sloppy in places.

Speed, speed and more speed. Both Elena and Nikita have deeper edges than Anna. It's not controlled or deployed effectively, but it's there.

Mirunna

Record Breaker

Except the Skating Skills(maybe) I/K should be behind C/L on every component IMO. But I am a big fan of C/L's program
I believe there was a slight mistake on steps by Dimitri. Still, huge score. It was a gorgeous program

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
B/S

Their lines have improved tremendously and I expect them to score well with this performance. Just slightly better than C/L.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Speed, speed and more speed. Both Elena and Nikita have deeper edges than Anna. It's not controlled or deployed effectively, but it's there.

Yeah, that's true. Still ehhh....I don't get their PCS scores at all.

Macassar88

Medalist
Bobrova and Soloviev are in the lead after the completion of te first group. Good program components but low tech. Haven't seen video footage.

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
Yeah, that's true. Still ehhh....I don't get their PCS scores at all.

Nor I. But the biggest gap is in Skating skills, which is entirely fair. Because they're fast, they can feel more exciting, which helps performance/execution/interpretation. When on, they project confidence. They're on home ice, so that also helps. Also, for whatever reason, Morosov students tend to have great PCS.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Nor I. But the biggest gap is in Skating skills, which is entirely fair. Because they're fast, they can feel more exciting, which helps performance/execution/interpretation. When on, they project confidence. They're on home ice, so that also helps. Also, for whatever reason, Morosov students tend to have great PCS.

Well, Morozov's method "perform it loud" and maybe the judges will reward you. It seems to work.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
B/S have improved so much from last season kudos to them. Anna & Luca, love their SD. Well done!

Barring glaring mistakes from the next 3 teams, I would say they are the podium finishers.

Mirunna

Record Breaker
Lovely Can-Can from the French. They look so sharp and secure, on form, ready to fight for the top which is great!

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
P/B's dance is all right and they skated it well, but the Polka sucks the life out of it and stomps all over the corpse. Slowing down the music is really noticeable and makes the polka feel almost dirge like.

Should be interesting to see what it scores - I wouldn't be surprised to see low levels.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Need a stream. Mine froze. Yikes!

ETA: Never mind...see how long it lasts.