2012 GPF Ladies' Short Program | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2012 GPF Ladies' Short Program

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Kiira Korpi

She should get a downgrade on the second 3T. Unfortunately, I was unable to watch most of it... :(

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Mao Asada

Solid 2A with spiral entry. Equally good 3F+2Lo. Slow but very centered spin layback spin. Fine 3Lo.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Mao ASADA (JPN)

Music: I Got Rhythm variations by George Gershwin

2A - nice fan spiral entrance
3F+2Lo - 3F maybe UR
LSp
FCSp
3Lo
CCoSp
StSq - nice energy

A nice skate... now where will this put her?

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Ashley WAGNER (USA)

Music: Red Violin by John Corigliano

3F+2T - 'Rippon on 2T
LSp
CCoSp
2A
3Lo
StSq
FSSp

No 3-3, but a nice clean skate. Nice to see the top ladies skate well.

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Ashley Wagner

3F+Rippon2T. Fantastic layback spin. Should get a Lvl 4 on the second spin. Good ride-out and split on exit of 2A. Good 3Lo, should get bonus for being in the second half of the program. May only get a Lvl 2 on the footwork.

lea

Rinkside
I think wagner was overscored in pcs.
I didn't like her program. And wagner's skating skill looks not that good.

My favorite performances - akiko, mao :)

Last edited:

Buttercup

Record Breaker
A very close top 3. The FS is going to be a nail-biter
Actually, it's a very close top 4. Kiira Korpi isn't too far behind, either - well done to her, she's been sick with the flu and I was pleasantly surprised by how well she skated.

I still find Mao's program juniorish, and I'm over the Rippon arms in the jumps. I want Akiko to win.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I agree Mao's music is better suited for Junior skater not a mature skater like she is. Also i want to see the top Ladies do 3-3 combo's and Mao and Wagner seem to not have any intentions of doing them.

I think wagner was overscored in pcs.
I didn't like her program. And wagner's skating skill looks not that good.

I agree, judges are overscoring her because she's american and it's been like forever there wasn't one who could stay on her feet and be consistent for more than one competition.
TR, CH and IN are also too high, specially compare to Suzuki's program. Wagner's just fell flat. Wrong music for her.

Nadia01

Final Flight
JP media spent over 40 minutes on Mao fluff. So it still hasn't shown anybody, and I frankly no longer care, esp. now that I know exactly how everyone skated. (I'm furious b/c I thought they'd show everything live since they said they start broadcasting at 8pm Japan time). I want Akiko, Ashley and Kiira to finish top 3 (don't care which order) tomorrow after free.

Mirunna

Record Breaker
I agree Mao's music is better suited for Junior skater not a mature skater like she is. Also i want to see the top Ladies do 3-3 combo's and Mao and Wagner seem to not have any intentions of doing them.

Why should they? Especially in the SP. They get super high scores and so far the great baby jumper machines are disappointing. Until someone good comes with a 3-3(not a 3T-3T) and start posting scores over 70 in the SP there is no motivation to do it IMO

cooper

Medalist
well yuna did a 3lutz3toe in fs from last year's world championship. she didn't win. so, why bother doing it when you're winning. :laugh:

akiko:popcorn: