2012 GPF Men's Short Program | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2012 GPF Men's Short Program

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
I hope my Prince pulls the best FS this season for him
Chans score and even Dais is beatable, Go Yuzuru !

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
I hope my Prince pulls the best FS this season for him
Chans score and even Dais is beatable, Go Yuzuru !

I know what you mean we all want our favorites to win. lol.

Looking forward to a good competition tomorrow. Good luck to all!

giulia95

Medalist
Little Price wasn't focused on the SP... now he needs a very big piece of birthday cake!!!:)

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
hot damm. I'm over the moon for Dai laying it down like a champion. who says his time is passed.

itoja

Rinkside
One thing I noticed is the GOE that Patrick got for his 3A - 2.57. It was a good 3A, but that good? The best Yuzuru got for his beautiful 3A with the crazy entrance and exit was 2.14. It's like the judges went crazy from happiness that their Patrick finally landed a 3A.

lea

Rinkside
One thing I noticed is the GOE that Patrick got for his 3A - 2.57. It was a good 3A, but that good? The best Yuzuru got for his beautiful 3A with the crazy entrance and exit was 2.14. It's like the judges went crazy from happiness that their Patrick finally landed a 3A.

I remember Hanyu's 3a landing was not good. maybe?
Whatever. I think Hanyu was overscored too.. overall.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Great to see such good skating. Dai deseved first but PC wise including interpretation I would have had Chan first. It is close so it is anyone of the top 5.

itoja

Rinkside
Here Yuzuru got 1.57, the best this season he received at SA, and it was 2.14.
And I also think Yuzuru was overscored here.

FTnoona

Final Flight

I think the poster was talking about the highest GOE he ever got for the 3A when he executed it well. All of Hanyu's jumps were off today. I was surprised that he got positive GOE for his 4T.

Last edited:

emma

Record Breaker
I would agree that Hanyu's 3A at his first GP (forget where now) was stunning - it literally took my breath away. I think his second (at the second GP) was also fantastic, but I didn't gasp - maybe because I already expected it or maybe it wasn't quite as spectacular if though it was first rate. So, I suppose we can nitpick the GOE's, although in this case, relative to the other competitors today, I don't feel these scores were 'out there' or off. And, I did think Chan's 3A today was pretty amazing today, no hesitation, skated fast into it, fast turns, lovely glide out of it (I couldn't judge the height though, but i imagine he had nice height)...actually, so his quad was pretty amazing too, at first, I thought he tripled it.

I'm really looking forward to the LPs...despite errors, there are some amazing skaters here and I liked that they all seemed to fight for it (although, I haven't seen Javi yet, and do hope he rebounds).

lea

Rinkside
I think the poster was talking about the highest GOE he ever got for the 3A when he executed it well. All of Hanyu's jumps were off today.

My bad. :biggrin:
Because of bad stream I couldn't watch Chan's 3A well.
Yes.. usually Hanyu's 3A quality is better.

Last edited:

Bluebonnet

Record Breaker
I think Chan got -3 GOE from turning 3Lz into 2Lz, but he got a little positive GOE somewhere for this combo.:scowl:

lavender

Record Breaker
I'm more of a Dai fan but I love Chan's short program the best. If Chan holds it together he would win since he has the best long imo this season.

FSGMT

Record Breaker
I think Chan got -3 GOE from turning 3Lz into 2Lz, but he got a little positive GOE somewhere for this combo.:scowl:
The minimum combo required is a 3-2 or 2-3, so 2Lz+3T it's correct, it shouldn't receive a negative GOE because he turned the 3Lz into a 2Lz; actually, if he landed the 3T well, the GOE should have been a positive one! He fairly received -2 because of the step-out.

wallylutz

Medalist

Actually, the requirement for a jump combination in the SP is a minimum of one triple and one double jump - it doesn't matter which one is first or second. Chan executed a Double Lutz + Triple Toe combo, which fulfilled the SP requirement. As a result, the negative GOE here does not have to be a mandatory -3; however, due to the step out on the Triple Toe, 8 of the 9 judges chose to give him -2 for the overall execution of the combo which was the right call.

So it is incorrect to say he received negative GOE on this element for doubling the Lutz. In fact, had he landed his Triple Toe properly, the element would have likely received positive GOE overall.