Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 46 of 46

Thread: 2012 GPF Pairs Short Program SP

  1. #41
    On the Ice
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    397

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinga View Post
    I totally agree. Also the way he touched her at the 1:05 in the same clip you posted.. Feels gross. Im tired of their talent being wasted over an over again with crappy programs. Tatiana has always been my favourite pair skater, she is so delicate and lyrical, but it is never emphasized in their programs. I guess Im more on S/S wagon this season. Please, just change the costumes!!!
    S/S have changed the costumes; I'm not sure if the free is better.

  2. #42
    Bona Fide Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    4,611

    0 Not allowed!
    I liked V/T when they first got together but now I can say I actually prefer Volosozhar with Stanislav Morozov.

  3. #43
    Match Penalty
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    3,661

    0 Not allowed!
    I don't see how V/T are better than M/T were. The programs are certainly not better. People used to blame Maria for her inability to do complex programs. Turn out, it might have been Trankov.

    But V/T are getting the kind of PCS inflation that rivals Zimbabwe currency. It's crazy.

  4. #44
    On the Ice
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    138

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by FlattFan View Post
    I don't see how V/T are better than M/T were. The programs are certainly not better. People used to blame Maria for her inability to do complex programs. Turn out, it might have been Trankov.

    But V/T are getting the kind of PCS inflation that rivals Zimbabwe currency. It's crazy.
    I have been puzzled by the phenomenon of M/T not getting recognition. I couldn't understand why they were seen as not as good as K/S. I liked their lines and their lifts and throws were more beautiful than K/S's.
    I am now puzzled by the sudden increase in points V/T are getting. Were Mukhortova and Morozov so bad in terms of PCS's? OK, both of them often botched their jumps but this happens to any team. Can some one explain please.

  5. #45
    Medalist
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,101

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_idealist View Post
    I liked V/T when they first got together but now I can say I actually prefer Volosozhar with Stanislav Morozov.
    Yes, I liked her with Stanislav better too!! Her delicacy stood out with him. When she is paired with Maxim it seems that someone is trying to turn her into a sexy chick. I dont like that. And Maxim is somehow dominating this team, I feel. Such a pity Stanislav and Tatiana never medaled at the Europeans...

  6. #46
    Medalist
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,101

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by StellaCampo View Post
    Were Mukhortova and Morozov so bad in terms of PCS's? OK, both of them often botched their jumps but this happens to any team. Can some one explain please.
    I dont think there was a problem with Maria's PCS. She was light on ice. Maybe there were problems with her projecting to the audience. It must have been politiking, I guess..
    STanislav, on the other hand, didnt have the best skating skills in the business. He was heavy on ice. Additionally, he was not the natural talent when it comes to interpreting the music. But, in some way, I found him really charming, when he was fighting for those programs. He also made Tatiana to stand out. He was a great 'background' to her, if you understand what I mean.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •