3T - she has hand down, he holds on
3LoTh - fall
BoDs
FCCoSp - unison ok
Li
StSq

FSGMT

Record Breaker
B/L 70?! :jaw: I just hope they didn't receive a positive GOE for that 3T... And now V/T will have something around 75!

tulosai

Record Breaker
B/L 70?! :jaw: I just hope they didn't receive a positive GOE for that 3T... And now V/T will have something around 75!

I've been telling everyone it's B/L for number 2... people said no, there is no way P/T will not be second in the short and then in the long it will be a battle, but this is how the tides are turning. B/L are now at the tip top of the tier 2 teams (by which I mean everyone who is not V/T or S/S). It's time for everyone who hates (and likes) them to accept it.

How this happened the world may never know.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Volosozhar/Trankov

3FTw - high
3S
3LoTh
BoDs
Li
StSq
FCCoSp - unison ok

Score: 73.46

Actually lower than I thought! Must have lost some levels

emma

Record Breaker
Any other have problems updating pages here?

Mine keeps saying service error.

Yes, mine too and when I try to just go directly here from my browser, it says access denied. When, I google the cite and click the link, it seems to allow me access most of the time.

Mao88

Record Breaker
PAIRS SHORT PROGRAM - VIDEOS & RESULT

1. Tatiana VOLOSOZHAR & Maxim TRANKOV (RUS) - 73.46 Short Program
2. Vera BAZAROVA & Yuri LARIONOV (RUS) - 70.14
3. Qing PANG & Jian TONG (CHN) - 64.74 Short Program
4. Meagan DUHAMEL & Eric RADFORD (CAN) - 64.20
5. Kirsten MOORE-TOWERS & Dylan MOSCOVITCH (CAN) - 60.95 Short Program
6. Yuko KAVAGUTI & Alexander SMIRNOV (RUS) - 58.02 Short Program

Last edited:

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
I've been telling everyone it's B/L for number 2... people said no, there is no way P/T will not be second in the short and then in the long it will be a battle, but this is how the tides are turning. B/L are now at the tip top of the tier 2 teams (by which I mean everyone who is not V/T or S/S). It's time for everyone who hates (and likes) them to accept it.

How this happened the world may never know.

I guess it is now B/L as Russian No. 2 :Disappointed:
well they got huge PCS because I dont know they because they have nice twists ? lol

nice skate from Tanya/Max but I still hate the mustache its disgusting to look at

tulosai

Record Breaker
I guess it is now B/L as Russian No. 2 :Disappointed:
well they got huge PCS because I dont know they because they have nice twists ? lol

nice skate from Tanya/Max but I still hate the mustache its disgusting to look at

I am disappointed too in a way. I have always really liked B/L (and certainly way more than many people here) and am glad they are having some success now. However, it makes me sad what has happened to K/S, another really beautiful team who tends to be more in tune with the emotion of the music.

ETA: That said, K/S clearly did not have a good skate here. To be Russia's number 2, they do have to do better than this.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
I am disappointed too in a way. I have always really liked B/L (and certainly way more than many people here) and am glad they are having some success now. However, it makes me sad what has happened to K/S, another really beautiful team who tends to be more in tune with the emotion of the music.

ETA: That said, K/S clearly did not have a good skate here. To be Russia's number 2, they do have to do better than this.

I too predicted B/L would be Russian No.2
I never hated B/L but still a bit odd now they are ranked higher than K/S now

StellaCampo

On the Ice
B/L's 3T did not receive any negative GOE from any judge. They are so far apart and not in unison at all.
It's really unfair on other pairs who try to achieve the objective of SBS pair jumps ie closeness and synchro
and in the process may fail now and again.

FlattFan

Match Penalty
Holy crap. B/L broke 70. This non-sport is a joke.
K/S will soon retire, they don't have what it take, and with the way the federation is heading, they will be lucky to make the team next year. Sorry Moskvina, you can't do magic for them anymore.

FlattFan

Match Penalty
B/L's 3T did not receive any negative GOE from any judge. They are so far apart and not in unison at all.
It's really unfair on other pairs who try to achieve the objective of SBS pair jumps ie closeness and synchro
and in the process may fail now and again.

I said many times, they should get 0 for that element, not just 0 GOE. The element is called SBS jump, they never attempted a SBS jump their whole life.

tulosai

Record Breaker
I said many times, they should get 0 for that element, not just 0 GOE. The element is called SBS jump, they never attempted a SBS jump their whole life.

I think this is unfair. Their SBS jumps used to be REALLY UNTHINKABLY bad, and are now better. Their better is still REALLY bad, but if you watch their LP from the 2010 Olys it is quite obvious they have improved a lot. It puzzles me why they struggle so much with them- I wonder if one of them has trouble counting with the music or what is going on.

ETA: I DO think they should recieve negative GOE on the jumps and don't think they should get credit in the form of positive GOE for improving or trying. But I don't think it is fair to say they are not trying or that they never attempted SBS jumps when obviously they are and have.

Last edited: