2012 GPF Ladies' Free Skate LP | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2012 GPF Ladies' Free Skate LP

tulosai

Record Breaker
Poor Akiko :( IMO she is one of the most underrated skaters of this cycle if not of all time. Hoping for her to still medal.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Akiko SUZUKI (JPN)

Music: O (from Cirque du Soleil)

3F+2T+2Lo
2A+3T
1Lz - e
FCSp
StSq
CCoSp
3F - hard fall, ouch
3Lo+2T
3S
3Lo - fall again
ChSq
FCoSp

Unfortunately a bit of a disappointing skate, two falls and one pop.
The two first jump combo were very nice, though.

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Akiko Suzuki

3Lz+2T+2Lo (edge deduction on lutz). Good 2A+3T. Only single lutz (she's gotta stop popping the Lutz!). Better catchfoot spin this time around. Nasty fall on the 3F. Good recovery with the 3Lo+2Lo. Nice 3S. Fall on 3Lo (underrotated). I'm not sure she'll get the marks she needs, but I would give her higher than 109. We'll see.

Total 115.77, into 1st (will get a bronze at least)

koatcue

Medalist
Country
Russia
I like the way Liza is progressing) I think she'll do better at nationals
And :cry: for Akiko((( She has wonderful programs this year.I hope she deserved to win it at least for once:bang::bang::bang:

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
I like the way Liza is progressing) I think she'll do better at nationals
And :cry: for Akiko((( She has wonderful programs this year.I hope she deserved to win it at least for once:bang::bang::bang:

and no GP medal thanks to Korpi's overscoring :cry:

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Ashley WAGNER (USA)

Music: Samson and Delilah by Camille Saint-Saens

3F+2T+2T - 'Rippon on last 2T
2A+2T
3S - fall
FSSp
LSp
3Lo
3Lz - e
3Lo+2A+SEQ - hard fall on her hip/stomach, takes her a long time to get up. 2A is << on replay
StSq
3F - good comeback
ChSq
CCoSp

Ouch, far from her best. Two falls. Hard to tell if it's enough to keep her ahead Suzuki who also had two falls.

tulosai

Record Breaker
Well, I guess Ashley could not be perfect forever. I actually could not believe she attempted the final jump. She is smiling now so I guess she is okay but that one fall was REALLY hard. I am super impressed with her recovery from it (minus the first few seconds). I was scared she was going to have to stop.

Elisheba

Rinkside
I'm not the staunchest Ashley fan, but major props to her for that 3F after such a painful looking fall.

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Ashley Wagner

3F+2T+2T(rippon). 2A+2T, rather conservative there. Fall on the 3S (her nemesis). Very high 3Lo. Good 3Lz, but may get an edge deduction. A good 3Lo but a nasty fall on the 2A<<. But she got up and is finishing the program no matter what. Great recovery on the 3F. Love the charlotte spiral. (Jason Brown going bonkers.)

TES 54.93
PCS 62.56
Total 115.49

Rachmaninoff

Final Flight
Well, I guess Ashley could not be perfect forever. I actually could not believe she attempted the final jump. She is smiling now so I guess she is okay but that one fall was REALLY hard. I am super impressed with her recovery from it (minus the first few seconds). I was scared she was going to have to stop.

I thought the same. She looked like she was moving a bit awkwardly after the fall, and didn't have her usual expression. I was worried she was seriously hurt. That was a really awkward fall.