2012 GPF Men's Free Skate LP | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2012 GPF Men's Free Skate LP

yuki

Final Flight
Beatiful skate from Kozuka, especially the second half. Too bad about the jump mistakes.

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Kozuka's PCS is almost the same as Fernandez... :think:

Last edited:

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Yuzuru HANYU (JPN)

Music: Notre Dame de Paris by Richard Cocciante

4T
2S
3F
FCCoSp - Biellmann
StSq
3A+3T
3A+2T - 'Rippon on 2T
3Lo
3Lz+2T+2T
3Lz
ChSt - nice layback Ina Bauer across the rink
CCoSp
FCSSp

One popped quad, otherwise very strong w/ a lot of big jumps the the 2nd half!

jcoates

Medalist
Tim Goebel did three quads routinely for years about a decade ago. Look up his Olympic or Worlds programs from 2001-2003. Seeing Fernandez do it has me feeling like I'm in a time machine (in a good way).

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Yuzuru Hanyu

Crazy good 4T to start. Only a 2S at the 4S attempt, ouch. Fine 3F. Sometimes his leg line gets lazy. Good 3A+3T, should get bonus. 3A+2T(rippon). Good 3Lo. Completed 3Lz+2T+2Lo. Spread eagle into 3Lz. I think stamina has improved quite a bit, he's not dying at the end of the program like he was before. This has given a lot of breath to the second half of his skate and he was able to grab the music more. No triple-triple, though. Still, this should go into 1st place.

I'm surprised he doesn't do a 4T instead of the 4S, since he does the 4T so well. Just tack on a 2T if he needs to, and then put 3T combos in the second half.

FS 177.12
Total 264.29 (1st)

Buttercup

Record Breaker
Three quads in a free from Fernandez. Who else did this before?
Zhang Min, Tomothy Goebel, Takeshi Honda, Brian Joubert. Until now Joubert was the only one to have done it under the IJS - with the kind of scoring we have now, he too could have gotten a 170+ score, but in 2006 marks were generally lower so he had to make do with a low 160.something. AFAIK neither Honda nor Joubert were able to repeat this feat, no idea about Goebel or Zhang.

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm excited to hear that Hanyu did not lose his stamina at the end of the LP again. Great for him! :love: