2012 GPF Men's Free Skate LP | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2012 GPF Men's Free Skate LP

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
If Evan Lysacek was watching this event by any chance one can bet good money he will put his comeback thoughts on ice for good now, lol! He will get embarassed against these guys, even if he regained his 2010 level.

starryxskies

On the Ice
CAN WE CHEER FOR DAI'S NEW COSTUME???? THANK YOU SKATING GODS!!!

I'm so happy for Daisuke. Although his program is still blehh to me I'm still really happy for him. Finally got that GPF gold!!! Tbh, this program was 1000x better to me already with this new black ensemble. But I hope the costume is a work in progress because it's a little...plain atm =/

FSGMT

Record Breaker
If Evan Lysacek was watching this event by any chance one can bet good money he will put his comeback thoughts on ice for good now, lol! He will get embarassed against these guys, even if he regained his 2010 level.
:laugh::sarcasm:

bixby

Final Flight
Zhang Min, Tomothy Goebel, Takeshi Honda, Brian Joubert. Until now Joubert was the only one to have done it under the IJS - with the kind of scoring we have now, he too could have gotten a 170+ score, but in 2006 marks were generally lower so he had to make do with a low 160.something. AFAIK neither Honda nor Joubert were able to repeat this feat, no idea about Goebel or Zhang.

Tim did it under Olympic pressure as I remember Salt Lake.

yuki

Final Flight
It is tragic that the judges prefer this to Blues for Klook.....sadly this will probably compel Daisuke to stay with Morozov.

Yes, I'd much rather Blues for Klook got this kind of PCS (and it really should have), but still, very happy for Daisuke! :clap:

M

mylastduchess

Congrats to Takahashi for winning the GP final for the first time ever! Well deserved and long overdue. Chan's PCS and podium finish above Fernandez were a true joke, and Hanyu was also grossly overscored.

Wow you don't hate Chan at all now do you? Takahashi made the same amount of mistakes as Chan yet his pcs is well deserved? Clearly not hypocrite! :sarcasm:

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
I had previously thought Takahashi had NO chance vs a clean Chan or Hanyu but perhaps that isnt the case. If he can get close to 180 with all those mistakes he probably can go over 190 in the FS going clean, which wouldnt be easy for even a clean Chan or Hanyu to get. Good to see Takahashi getting the scores he deserves after being the most wuzrobbed skater by far in any discipline last year.

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Wow you don't hate Chan at all now do you? Takahashi made the same amount of mistakes as Chan yet his pcs is well deserved? Clearly not hypocrite! :sarcasm:

Takahashi did not Zayak or Oda though; that is what really hurt Chan's placement here to have a jumping pass be completely voided due to the illegal 4th combo rules. That's a huge error!

pitterpatter

On the Ice
Man, that was a really good event. Top 5 FS scores with a less than 12 pt spread! Congrats Dai! Kinda iffy on the PCS as well, but I don't think it matters too much due to his SP lead. SO PROUD of Yuzuru for that skate :laugh:

Ilvskating

Final Flight
The highlight for me today is Javier!!! I just love this boy/young man. I'm still not used to thinking him as a man, but he is now. Just give some time when his skating skills improve a bit, he will be a worthy Olympic Champion! Such nice jumps and showmanship, and the choreography is brilliant!!!

Last edited:

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Well, the men's field right now in North America is weak enough that Evan could get an Olympic spot. He'll need two quads to make it, though.

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
I don't know what I'm doing..:( I wanted to answer, yes Goebel did in SLC

Last edited:
M

mylastduchess

Takahashi did not Zayak or Oda though; that is what really hurt Chan's placement here to have a jumping pass be completely voided due to the illegal 4th combo rules. That's a huge error!

...and what does that have to do with the PCS? I love it when some people here complain childishly complain every competition that this skater is overmarked, that there is some kind of conspiracy what have you, then if its his/her favourite skater who got the PCS bump its all fine!

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
Daisuke did it!! He won, he won! *jumps around doing the happy dance* :love:

With that, the only skater of those 6 to not win a GP event wins the GPF. Now everyone of them has a gold medal. Sounds nice to me :biggrin:
And the medal count of the japanese men continues to be amazing.

While I'm glad Dai won, I'm still not liking his FS and I would have felt better if it weren't for the mistakes on the 3A's. He didn't really get the -GOE he should have either. But anyway, the main point is: atta boy, now remember to do the same (=winning gold) the next time your in that town!

Technically, Team Borser is in it for the kill, aren't they? Javi popped his 3Lo and still got nearly 96 in TES, he could come close to 100. And Yuzuru just got nearly 92 in TES whilse popping his 4S worth 10 points in BV! If it weren't for that mistake, he'd have cracked the 100! (and he got an e on his flip, which cost him +GOE additionally)

I enjoyed Taka and Patrick too - sadly both had mistakes, but I still like what they put out.

Now I can't decide what I'm happier for - Dai winning this, or Yuzu coming way closing to nailing his FS.
And Mao even skated well and got gold in the ladies event, this is such a great day for me! :party: