2. Vera BAZAROVA & Yuri LARIONOV (RUS) - 201.60 Free Skate
3. Qing PANG & Jian TONG (CHN) - 192.81 Free Skate
4. Meagan DUHAMEL / Eric RADFORD (CAN) - 187.09 Free Skate
5. Kirsten MOORE-TOWERS & Dylan MOSCOVITCH (CAN) - 180.45 Free Skate
6. Yuko KAVAGUTI & Alexander SMIRNOV (RUS) - 178.72 Free Skate

Last edited:

evangeline

Record Breaker
i dont like neither the sp nor the lp from v/t. Why cannot they get a decent program? Something original but not cheesy that would showcase their positions, lines, her delicacy and maturity?

Nikolai Morozov.

LRK

Record Breaker
Thanks for all the replies! Yes, he didn't look like a happy camper - and it seemed to me as if he looked like he was angry with himself.

Well, that's a... bizarre end to the GPF, I must say...

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
And for all the talk about the audience, this audience applauded louder when he fell the first time than when she nailed the first throw (which was terrific)

Ilvskating

Final Flight
:eek:

V/T's fall on the throw was really scary! I'm so glad that nobody was hurt. She could have stepped on him, and he saved her from falling by grabbing her leg I guess. But that being said, their score is a real joke. How could they get 130+ with that skate? I think P/T was robbed. Both Russian team had sub-par skate. V/T did great other than the falls, but those are solid major falls. B/L were messy throughout although they did almost everything. Can't understand the score any more.

K/S were robbed big time! After watching their program I believe more and more that it is very important which team(s) the federation promote. K/S's program is superior in choreography, that last lift alone is to die for, and they executed it cleanly and nicely. Definitely the best among the three Russian pair today.

Last edited:

age20

Rinkside
I would score:
V/T: 56+62-2=116
B/L: 63+63=126
P/T: 60+66=126

I can't stand this game anymore. 8.82 8.54 8.64 8.82 8.86 for V/T's PCS really? 8.82 for choreogrphy? are you kidding me? 8.64 for peformance?? 8.86 for interprtation?? just wanna slap on the judges' faces.

bixby

Final Flight
I don't know what to say but holy cow, how could they win. There was a long break during the program because of that scary fall. Their PE was still higher than the chinese pairs. What the ??? No second throw element. I thought it was enough for them to finish 3rd in the LP. RIDICULOUS!

Mao88

Record Breaker
Yet another highly dubious result. Bazarova & Larionov were the real winners and deserved the Gold. V&T's FS was a mess and how the judges could award those kind of marks for the that program is beyond me

age20

Rinkside
I love B/L's short but the long just OK. B/L really need to improve the SBS jumps, no unision at all.
I used to love V and dislike T but now I started to hate them. What they received was just not right.

koatcue

Medalist
Country
Russia
It's a bad program in all sences for V/T. There was no clean skate of it yet.The score was huge. I hope they find out what's the matter. Maybe this program is TOO difficult for them to skate:(

koatcue

Medalist
Country
Russia
Yet another highly dubious result. Bazarova & Larionov were the real winners and deserved the Gold. V&T's FS was a mess and how the judges could award those kind of marks for the that program is beyond me

That's why I hate this new system. Era of pcs...Remember Osmond or Mao in NHK:bang::frown::disapp:

Boo67

Rinkside
Very over marked - doubling jumps at a Sr Grand Prix ? He is injured and waiting for surgery, however, D/R did highest degree of jumping. Lovely program, yes, but did they deserve bronze ? I think not.

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
You see, I can believe a skater should win because of huge PCS. A complex program full of choreography, performance and musical interpretation with glorious skate language should be commended. Just that this wasn't it.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Very over marked - doubling jumps at a Sr Grand Prix ? He is injured and waiting for surgery, however, D/R did highest degree of jumping. Lovely program, yes, but did they deserve bronze ? I think not.

no one is saying D/R deserve bronze but V/T should have been silver or bronze
B/L should have won this

age20

Rinkside
I wish the other couples wouldn't go to Sochi 2014 and each of the Russians were medaled, in any kind of order the Russian Fedration wanted.