2012 GPF Gala | Golden Skate

2012 GPF Gala

mikiandorocks

Final Flight
Thank you very much. The eurosport coverage was not that great and they didn't show the full gala.

starryxskies

On the Ice
Do we know the details to his illness? Pretty sudden, I had no idea he was sick Cuz he looked so healthy

pitterpatter

On the Ice
Was stated in his Fan Fest thread that Japanese officials think its a stomach bug of some sort, but they aren't sure. When he was heading home to Japan, he looked pretty ill and said he couldn't even walk the day before :cry:. He seemed pretty healthy to me too, but then again, I noticed he wasn't as animated after his performance and in the K&C as he usually is... or maybe I'm just reading too deeply into it...

yude

Record Breaker
Another article came out this morning, and it said that Yuzuru felt sick before FS.
I thought the same thing as pitterpatter about his reaction in the K&C, but I thought it was just because he couldn't rotate 4s.
He didn't attend press conference with other medalists in Japan.
Possibly he returned to Sendai immediately.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I so hope he gets well very soon, in time to be ready for the Japanese Nationals which are coming up all too soon.

let`s talk

Match Penalty
No clear information on his condition. Reported that he had been ill the entire GPF, possibly got sick in Japan (bug or virus?) and then things got escalated because of the pressure of the sport competition. People who attended gala practice twittered that he tried to skate but had to leave the arena because of his body condition and later he withdrew from gala. He will be staying in Sendai to take a rest till Japan Nationals. After that he will likely stay in Japan too, for a New Year. Recently, before GPF, he was added to the list of Stars on Ice participants in Osaka that will take place on Jan. 5th and 6th. But he is not on the list of Tokyo venue that will take place the following weekend Jan 12-14 :)cry:). So I assume he will go back to Toronto not earlier than after Osaka venue. www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/soi2013/