Kaetlyn Osmond | Page 10 | Golden Skate

Kaetlyn Osmond

honghe

On the Ice
I know pretty much everyone loves her SP, but am I the only one who also likes her EX program a lot? I love the music, and I thought it was a really heartfelt performance at Skate Canada. (Not to mention that she looks so beautiful in that costume with her hair down!)
I'm so impressed this past weekend. She's such a natural performer. She literally glows when she's on the ice. And it also seems that mentally she is now more composed than before.
I really hope she can stay healthy and continue to improve. She has the whole package. It's just a question of whether she can put everything together, and I think she's now on the right track.

Tutto

Record Breaker
Kaetlyn won a new fan this weekend. Wow just wow. If she can be consistent she will be on podium at every competition she enters - she has everything. TBH I found it difficult to watch Evgenia after Kaetlyn so juniourish... If Kaetlyn will ever put in a second 3-3 she will win no question, in fact she should win now on PCS alone and I much prefer her jumps to Evgenia's (no disrespect)

honghe

On the Ice
Kaetlyn's jumps do have that "wow" factor when she lands them cleanly:luv17: But Evgenia has been so consistent, and I respect her a lot for it.
Hopefully as the season progresses Kaetlyn can finally prove herself to be reasonably consistent. If so, it wouldn't be too much of a stretch to say that she could really be a serious contender internationally.

tulosai

Record Breaker
I just loved the SP, so cohesive and lovely :cheer: It's so exciting that she's in first place going into the long! Hopefully she can carry this momentum forward and on to the GP final :cheer:

honghe

On the Ice
First place after the SP! So happy for Kaetlyn! Hope she has a good FS, too, and qualify for the GPF!

Osmond4gold

Record Breaker
What I liked in the last couple of comps., was her composure. Finishing so strong in the LP at SC, after a fall, and here today a little dance while sitting with Raj, in the KnC. You can't bottle this stuff, it takes years to learn how to relax in competitions. So nice to see!

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Osmond4gold, i will be sleeping tonight... i cannot stay up twice in a row... i count on you for cheering on our gal :)

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Osmond4gold, i will be sleeping tonight... i cannot stay up twice in a row... i count on you for cheering on our gal :)

What's two nights in a row?! I didn't sleep and played a couple of hours of table tennis tonight and I'm all ready for another all nighter. Young people these days...............

Will you be up for Patrick?

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
What's two nights in a row?! I didn't sleep and played a couple of hours of table tennis tonight and I'm all ready for another all nighter. Young people these days...............

Will you be up for Patrick?

i feel like making some bad jokes.... i am awake for a bit now.... the thing is that contrary to last night, i could sleep a few hours in the morning because i only had a meeting at 2pm... this saturday morning... i have to work from 10-12 .... :eeking:

Meoima

Match Penalty
It's good that she will be in GPF but she won't skate last, it will be hella pressure to go into GPF with overwhelming results in GPs.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
i don't think it makes a huge difference for someone like Kaellyn. She goes to all competitions with enthusiasm and fierceness.
It's good that she will be in GPF but she won't skate last, it will be hella pressure to go into GPF with overwhelming results in GPs.

honghe

On the Ice
I just rewatched her FS and that opening combination was still... wow! :luv17:
Was this the first time she led after the SP at a GP event? I don't know if there was some pressure after the SP, but it's a good learning experience, I'm sure. She looks more composed this season than I ever remember of her, while losing non of the enthusiasm that makes her so special.
I'm so happy that her season has been going well!

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Kaetlyn is interviewed on the latest IceNetwork Podcast. She talks about her success this season, making the final and working with a sports psychologist to help post-injury.

Her interview is in the last 20 minutes or so towards the end.

Last edited:

Ares

Record Breaker
Country
Poland
I think a smart move would be to take out the triple loop I mean Yuna never needed it.

Well she kinda needed it in Sochi. Obviously Yuna could jump triple loop but she was not practicing this jump as it apparently was too taxing for her body and lead to injuries. Maybe it would be good for Katelyn to take out this jump because she makes mistakes on it.

Last edited:

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Well she kinda needed it in Sochi. Obviously Yuna could jump triple loop but she was not practicing this jump as it apparently was too taxing for her body and lead to injuries. Maybe it would be good for Katelyn to take out this jump because she makes mistakes on it.

Well no. Even if Yuna would've jumped 3Lo, the result would be the same; Russian for gold no matter how the outside of Russia thought. Moreover, she kept practicing the jump, but not as much frequently as the other jumps which is all known fact to her fans. Though it is correct that she felt uncomfortable with the jump which she felt it hurts her hip.

I don't know whether the jump hurts Kaetlyn's hip, but Kaetlyn always has been a SP skater while her consistency on LP is a lot to be desired. Liza T and Nathan Chen initially left 3 Loop in their LP layout this season, but as their consistency kept raising and for strategical reasons, they put the jump back. Once her LP consistency becomes stable, her team can reconsider whether her LP with 3Loop is worth the price or not. Excluding the jump in competition doesn't automatically mean she won't train the jump at practice I believe.

I didn't have high expectations on Kaetlyn because of the horrible GP outings last season, but she proved me wrong this season. She can perhaps stand on the podium at GPF if she can make two clean programs. :)

Last edited: