Alissa Czisny sightings? | Golden Skate

Alissa Czisny sightings?

amc987

On the Ice
Has anyone heard any new information regarding Czisny? I know that she withdrew from NHK and that she's planning on skating at Nationals. Has anyone seen her practicing or heard rumors about what her new programs might be?

I was re-watching some of Czisny's programs from 2010-2011 on youtube and I found myself thinking about how she'd stack up against the competition. I know that everyone is on the Wagner bandwagon at this point, but I have a heard time thinking that Alissa's programs from the 2010 GPF/2011 Nationals/2011 Worlds would be quite competitive with everyone except for Yuna Kim. I really hope she's able to put all of her demons behind her and come back strong this season and next.

Like you, I always have hopes for Alissa. She brings something special to skating: it's as if she learned her spins on another planet.

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
Alissa has the ability to pull out a clean program out of nowhere, and I hope she will have another chance at doing that. When she's clean she is among the best out there. However, I really do not want her to win gold or silver at Nationals because she is just too unreliable to be on the World team this year, with our Olympic spots on the line.

amc987

On the Ice
Wow, no new news? I thought someone who browses or posts on this forum might know something. I guess Alissa and her team are keeping her status under wraps until 2013??

Icey

Record Breaker
On her web site, no new programs are listed and her last blog entry was January 2012.

reynycpr

On the Ice
Yea I've been periodically checking her facebook page just to see if anything has been posted but her last message on there was from June, thanking everyone for their b-day wishes... (as I do the McKayla Maroney scowl): :scowl::scowl:

Victura

On the Ice
From what I've gathered (reading from this forum and elsewhere), she's keeping the short from last year and has a new long program choreographed by Marina Zueva. She performed in the Scott CARES show in November and there were snippets from the show posted that showed her spinning and in group numbers. No idea what program she did, but she was in the white dress from last year's LP. After withdrawing from NHK, someone (maybe Phil Hersh?) had said that they were going to try to find a B competition to do before Nationals, but it didn't sound like a sure thing.

She has a gorgeous delicacy and grace to her skating that's rare these days. Hope she's recuperating well and we can see her skate again soon.

Last edited:

jenaj

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Has anyone heard any new information regarding Czisny? I know that she withdrew from NHK and that she's planning on skating at Nationals. Has anyone seen her practicing or heard rumors about what her new programs might be?

I was re-watching some of Czisny's programs from 2010-2011 on youtube and I found myself thinking about how she'd stack up against the competition. I know that everyone is on the Wagner bandwagon at this point, but I have a heard time thinking that Alissa's programs from the 2010 GPF/2011 Nationals/2011 Worlds would be quite competitive with everyone except for Yuna Kim. I really hope she's able to put all of her demons behind her and come back strong this season and next.

As beautiful as Alissa's skating can be, I always found a hesitancy in it that kept it from being among the very best. Ashley, for instance, skates with much more confidence than Alissa which propels her to the top when she is on. I think Alissa needs others to make mistakes to be competitive with the top skaters. And, of course, it's worth mentioning that Alissa herself very rarely skates without mistakes--and many times, major mistakes.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Cross-posting from the Skating & Gymnastics Spectacular thread:

As of Dec 10, both the Disson website and the local paper list Czisny among the cast.

The live show is this Saturday, Dec 15, in Jamestown, NY.

ETA:
Czisny really is in Jamestown with the other skaters -- per this photo tweeted by Charlie White.

Last edited:

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Hmmmm--no jumps. It doesn't seem as if Alissa will be competitive at Nationals a month from now.

Icey

Record Breaker
A person attending said she did a 2a and a 3t, although they are not shown in this clip. Are there any competitions left she can enter before Nattionals?

ana

On the Ice
Hmmmm--no jumps. It doesn't seem as if Alissa will be competitive at Nationals a month from now.
Uploader said "Sorry for the late start. I swear her jumps were good! 2A and 3T".

Last edited:

ghislaine

Rinkside
The rink in that video is very strange. I'm surprised anyone could jump. Her spins are still great!