"Being An Ice Skater Was My Dream Right Before It Died& | Golden Skate

"Being An Ice Skater Was My Dream Right Before It Died&

S

seliena ec

"Being An Ice Skater Was My Dream Right Before It Died&

Hola todos y todas. Hi everyone mi name is Seliena M. I am 15 year old cuabn with chinese looking eyes mdm skin mdm bwn hair skinny long legs 5'9. My dream was to become an ice skater for as long as i can remember. I think i shouldnt matter what height you are as long as you can skate. It shouldnt be about height it should be about what you as a skater bring to the table. Your height shouldn't determine your career but you as a person should. I think ice skating shoulnt only be open to short people alone but people who actually have talent. Some skater (short) and dont really show the versatility that is needed to be an ice skater. So in the end my dream died.:( I want to become a dancer, actress, or a model but I really wanted to be an ice skater. "Skating was my life" anyone agree with me about what im saying????????

S

seliena ec

Poems

" Being an ice skater "
was my dream
To gleam
across the ice
at the precise (momento)
when I fell I get up
everything is so real
you know how it feels

"""Height"""
On my journey to the magickal skate
I know its not only my destiny,its fate
I tried to not only be judje on height or looks
Or how much I can read alot of books
It was my destiny and I wont let it die
I will get up because its mines and i wont cry
As I step on the ice im magickally transformed
theres my music and my lovely forms
as I spin and twirl they no im serious
and i'll never rest because im furious
"I said I wont be judje on height or looks"

L

LADSKATER

Re: "Being An Ice Skater Was My Dream Right Before It D

seliena ec:

You sound a little self-conscious about your height. Anyway, skating is not about height it's about abilities. If you want to skate, don't let others discourage you. If free skating is not for you, try ice dance. There are lots of dancers with long legs!!

Ladskater

R

RoaringSkates

Yes, height can actually be a bit of an advantage in ice dance - it can give you a nice, long line. Perhaps you could explore ice dance?

There are some fairly tall skaters who have been successful in singles. If you really want to skate, don't let others tell you that you can't because of your height. Just keep skating and see where it takes you.

F

frozenpond

It's annoying in this sport that being over five feet is considered such a disadvantage. I'm 5'4" and I'm kind of under pressure. But Lucinda Ruh is 5'10", and Brian Boitano is quite tall. So keep chasing your dream!

G

Glacierskater

Seliena,

Height has nothing to do with what you can do on the ice in my opinion. I am 5'8" and it has never been an issue. I truly do not understand why people say that it is...if there is anyone out there that can logically explain this, I am all ears. Otherwise, here's what I know: it does not hinder me, and the best skater at my rink does beautiful triples, and has the most elegant lines. She 5'10".

If you want to skate, put the skates on and skate. If you really want to do the kinds of things that you say, CAN'T should be banished from your vocabulary. If you dance or perform, there will be auditions, and with that will come disappointment and people telling you no. If you listen and let that hold you back, you won't get far. Don't be hindered by something that is just speculative and not proven. In the words of NIKE: JUST DO IT!

S

starshinexavier

seliena, I'm 5'10, and I'm going into my 14th year of skating. I'm not anything special, and I can't do triples or anything, but I've worked very hard at skating, and am not bad.

At my first competition when I was 9, a very respected coach from the area, who was also a former national, international and Olympic skater told my mom that she was wasting her money having me skate. 2 Gold tests (soon to be 3) later, I've certainly proved him wrong. I won't get to Worlds or the Olympics, but I skate because I love it, and it's a passion of mine.

It shouldn't be about what others say, it should be about what you want to do. Many times my mom has told me that if I've ever wanted to quit, that I can, but I haven't. If you can find a6'2 dance partner, go out there and show everyone that you can fulfill your dream!

P

poopie1

Re: "Being An Ice Skater Was My Dream Right Before It

I'm 5'10" also and I can figure skate pretty good. I'm nothing special but hey it's possible.

S

skaterskickbutt

Hey, It dosn't matter, I am 6.0 and I am a senior skater ,height has NOTHING to your ability to skate at all. Who ever told you that was dead wrong.:D

S

SammieJ

Hi skaterskickbutt!

We don't get may senior skaters posting here. Are you doing any comps this summer that we can follow you?