Europeans-hopes dreams and reality | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Europeans-hopes dreams and reality

LRK

Record Breaker
Skating is NOT just about jumps, there is a technical and ARTISTIC side, You do not have to have the full repertoire of technique in order to succeed under the COP if your PCS are very good, Lepisto, Korpi and Kostner are very good in this area and should be REWARDED as such.

I do not like seeing someone go from one jump to the next without choreographic content, good use of the music and artistry.

And you make it sound like there is only "either - or". Also, I frankly don't think your last sentence describes Liza at all.

And, also frankly, I have yet to see a single person - ever - and I mean EVER - say that it was ALL about the jumps. One day I would like to meet - even if only virtually - this mythical person people keep replying to...

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
And you make it sound like there is only "either - or". Also, I frankly don't think your last sentence describes Liza at all.

And, also frankly, I have yet to see a single person - ever - and I mean EVER - say that it was ALL about the jumps. One day I would like to meet - even if only virtually - this mythical person people keep replying to...

You are right, this is so meaningless. I'm sure he thought of Plushy, but I'm tired of this untruth.

Skating is NOT just about jumps, there is a technical and ARTISTIC side, You do not have to have the full repertoire of technique in order to succeed under the COP if your PCS are very good, Lepisto, Korpi and Kostner are very good in this area and should be REWARDED as such.

I do not like seeing someone go from one jump to the next without choreographic content, good use of the music and artistry.

I disagree. First this is a sport . Motto of the Olympic Games: faster, higher, stronger
But I agree with you, the FS isn't only jumps. I also don't know skater, who is ALL about the jumps. :)

Maybe you will be surprised, Plushenko had more 6.0 for his presentation like Michelle Kwan's :) before the new system was introduced. LOL!

Last edited:

russell30

Final Flight

Obviously you are not that intelligent I was not referring to anyone just making a statement that Figure
Skating is about Technical and artistic, I have been in the sport for over 30 years.......

gmyers

Record Breaker
The way to win a major event in ladies now Is to have no 3/3 In a free skate or lutz or like Mao with 2 triples but near 70 pcs. The athletic part is really over. Now you can fill up your jumping slots with nontriples and the standard for winnIng worlds 2013 will be who can get closest to 70 pcs as jumps are proving irrelevant wlthis season with all the Mao wins.

ciocio

On the Ice

We all hope the next European medalists will have them both. :)

FSGMT

Record Breaker
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ludmila_Nelidina

She skated for Azerbaijan one year.

According to her Wikipedia entry, she is coaching in Moscow.

She was the first European lady to land a 3A in an ISU competition--I'm not sure if any other European lady has done so?
No, she remains the only one: the female skaters who have landed 3As are still five: Ito, Harding, Nelidina, Asada, Nakano plus Meissner attempt at 2005 nationals...

figuristka

Medalist
My hopes for Kiira winning Europeans won't happen with her injury. Too bad. Perhaps i can hope for a world medal instead.

yuki

Final Flight
Here are my hopes for the Europeans:

- ladies: Carolina Kostner, Liza Tuktamisheva, Elene Gedevanishvili on the podium (in any order)
- men: Javier Fernandez wins, Plushenko on the podium
- pairs: S/S, K/S (lovely FS!), V/T
- dance: B/S, C/L, P/B (in any order)

deedee1

Record Breaker
My only hope and prayers for the Euro this year:
"Brian Joubert to win the Mens title one more time!"

GOOOO BRIAN!!! :yay::party::party2:

Icey

Record Breaker
I love Javi too but I don't want him to win because...

Plushy! Plushy! Plushy! :)

What's the record for EC titles, by the way?

Ulrich Salchow won the event 9 times. Karl Schaffer 8 times.

Last edited:

seniorita

Record Breaker
I m in Munich ready to board for Zagreb and I met more skating fans on the gate:points:, my wish for now is to catch at least the two last groups of ice dance!

deedee1

Record Breaker
I m in Munich ready to board for Zagreb and I met more skating fans on the gate:points:, my wish for now is to catch at least the two last groups of ice dance!

Wow! Hope you can make it! Have a great time there, seniorita!!! :yay:

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker

Have fun seniorta and give a shout out to the King, Brian and Javier for me!

seniorita

Record Breaker
I saw Javier on the street today, he has had a haircut since last time he skated I think. I hope his skates arrived. A friend of mine saw Joubert outside arena walking around and before pairs I saw Verner, maybe they had the draw from starting order..
They brought me a thing like a small vuvuzela, I dont think I ll use it but I ll give it to many people who want it!