Europeans-hopes dreams and reality | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Europeans-hopes dreams and reality

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
1. That Meite and the Helgelssons have strong skates.

2. That B/S win gold.

3. That S/S and K/S beat V/T

4. That Fernandez wins gold.

russell30

Final Flight
Would love to see Kiira win Gold. Would be wonderful for her.I adore her SP this year.
Javier for Gold as Spain has never won.

It would be great for Kiira to win, she is so lovely out there on the ice:love: I am hoping she has a really good SP, and just puts out a good performance in the LP to hold on.

I want Javi to win too, I love his style:)

LRK

Record Breaker
I love Javi too but I don't want him to win because...

Plushy! Plushy! Plushy! :)

What's the record for EC titles, by the way?

npavel

On the Ice
Italy has Roberta Rodeghiero, who has the TES for Worlds in the FS but not for the SP: she reached 27+ in a B event, really close to the required 28, so she should be ok for Euros... Italy might have just two ladies to send to worlds, though...

and Francesca Rio has the TES Worlds in the SP. It will be a battle witch to send to Europeans. And there is Carol Bressanutti quite at the same level. All of then has TES to go to Euros

FSGMT

Record Breaker
and Francesca Rio has the TES Worlds in the SP. It will be a battle witch to send to Europeans. And there is Carol Bressanutti quite at the same level. All of then has TES to go to Euros
I think that they will decide basing on the Nationals result, and sending the skater that places 3rd to Euros, hoping that she'll be able to collect the TES points in the program wher she needs them... But I wouldn't say tha Bressanutti is at the same level as Rio and Rodeghiero: they are both able to land 3F and 3Lz, she has just 3T, 3S and 3Lo (the last one not really consistent...).

lakeside

On the Ice
I love Javi too but I don't want him to win because...

Plushy! Plushy! Plushy! :)

What's the record for EC titles, by the way?
I also wish Plushenko will win. As for the record, I think both Ulrich Salchow and Karl Schäfer have won EC a record eight times. Plushenko just needs one more win and he’ll tie with them. :agree:

seniorita

Record Breaker
Is anyone going from here to Euros :)? I am :yay:I booked my tickets just on Friday, if you need any help write me .

russell30

Final Flight
Is Elene Gedevanishvili in it this year? She has won bronze twice, I think.

Yes she will be there, I think she will be competing with the Russians for that bronze, Caro and Kiira will be fighting for the gold I imagine...

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
I also hope Javier wins, but Plushenko will make it extremely competitive. Javier will need his quads and perform a strong SP to have a shot. Kostner will likely win gold in ladies, considering that Korpi just has so many problems in the free. Pairs will be great to see if S/S are there, and P/B will likely win the dance as long as they get their levels.

figureskate

On the Ice
Yes she will be there, I think she will be competing with the Russians for that bronze, Caro and Kiira will be fighting for the gold I imagine...

I wouldn't call Adelina or Liza out of other medals, even if Carolina and Kiira looked pretty strong in their skating this year

oleada

Record Breaker
Adelina to have two clean skates.
Javi to win
S/S to skate as clean as they can.
P/B to win

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
one of my checklist already came true
now I hope Liza wins gold and Zhenya defends his title in Euros

FSGMT

Record Breaker
I hope Adelina will skate her best (but this is rather an impossible thing, considering that it will be her debut at Euros) and at least earn a medal... I think that the Gold will be a battle between Caro and Kiira, Yes, just because of the PCS: Liza is the one with the best jumps but she usually doesn't receive high PCS (I frankly don't understand why...), Adelina has better PCS but the nerves... Caro and Kiira are to only ones Who have both consistency and high PCS, so it will be a fight between them unless one of them bombs...

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
I hope Adelina will skate her best (but this is rather an impossible thing, considering that it will be her debut at Euros) and at least earn a medal... I think that the Gold will be a battle between Caro and Kiira, Yes, just because of the PCS: Liza is the one with the best jumps but she usually doesn't receive high PCS (I frankly don't understand why...), Adelina has better PCS but the nerves... Caro and Kiira are to only ones Who have both consistency and high PCS, so it will be a fight between them unless one of them bombs...

Kiira Korpi isnt really known as good FS, she bombs it, she was less than appoint ahead from Liza at GPF who had a bad SP, tuk was held down by PCS but had higher TES
hopefully winning Nationals will boost her drive and PCS, Adelina will probably fall 2 times at Euros and wont medal, depending on how Korpii will do too

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
FSGMT said:
Liza is the one with the best jumps but she usually doesn't receive high PCS (I frankly don't understand why...)

I'd agree that Liza should be getting higher marks for IN and P/E than she currently does, but it's obvious her mediocore skating skills are holding her back. The other contenders she has here, like Caro, Kiira, Adelina and Elene, are easily in another league than her when it comes to SS. And she's slow too... if she skates after Caro f.e. that will just be even more obvious. I think it's right that she's the one with the lowest PCS out of this group (even if she has the strongest jumps technically).

DianaSelene

Medalist
I'd agree that Liza should be getting higher marks for IN and P/E than she currently does, but it's obvious her mediocore skating skills are holding her back. The other contenders she has here, like Caro, Kiira, Adelina and Elene, are easily in another league than her when it comes to SS. And she's slow too... if she skates after Caro f.e. that will just be even more obvious. I think it's right that she's the one with the lowest PCS out of this group (even if she has the strongest jumps technically).

The mediocre skating skills is absolutely not true and she is a very quick skater actually. Have you not seen both her long and short programs this year? Her interpretation is superior to Sotnikova's this year especially, definitely has an awareness of the program, she performs the heck out of her programs even if they are not that great. And her skating skills are completely normal. Liza has good transitions in her programs this year, especially coming out of the jumps. The only thing that the judges could be picky about is the crappy choreography. In all other aspects, she is as good as the rest. That is why so many people on this forum don't get why she is getting lowballed on pcs. Hopefully, with a national title the judges will respect her more and give her the pcs she deserves.

And don't tell me that the judges know best and Liza's pcs are really that bad. Look at Suzuki, who has been getting low pcs and was mistreated by the judges both in the past and present.