Cappellini and Lanotte only team to get Level 4 on Polka patterns | Golden Skate

Cappellini and Lanotte only team to get Level 4 on Polka patterns

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Excerpt: Italy’s Anna Cappellini, 25, and Luca Lanotte, 27, were the only team to get a level four on both sequences of Polka (SD) at the GPF. However, the students of Paola Mezzadri and Igor Shpilband were only a very close fifth with 66.11 (33.93/32.18) points as they got the lowest component scores of all the teams.

“We managed to dance with the right attitude, focusing on the interpretation of all the small details,” said Cappellini.

More...

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
It's clear that Igor, with Klimova's help, rulz in dance technical training. C&L also get a level 4 on one of their step sequences in the FD.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
It's clear that Igor, with Klimova's help, rulz in dance technical training. C&L also get a level 4 on one of their step sequences in the FD.

I was thinking the same thing... It's too bad they couldn't work out whatever differences they had - Marina and Igor are much better together than apart as far as having the extra magic in their teams.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
no I don't see them working as a team again - ever. One of skating's biggest losses in quite a while.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Yes, it is. And I do wonder whether any of the 3 teams still with Zoueva will jump to Igor this year.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I'd think it would be interesting if the Shibs did so. I feel their levels have suffered in the last few years. Also I think Klimova's input would be refreshing.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Yes, it is. And I do wonder whether any of the 3 teams still with Zoueva will jump to Igor this year.

I think any top team Marina has that's not V/M should jump ship to someone - anyone - at this point I'm pretty convinced that V/M is the favored pair - though D/W's SD is awesome...

Ice Diva

On the Ice
I think any top team Marina has that's not V/M should jump ship to someone - anyone - at this point I'm pretty convinced that V/M is the favored pair - though D/W's SD is awesome...

Just curious -- what do you base your conjecture on?