Pechalat and Bourzat hope to improve on Components | Golden Skate

Pechalat and Bourzat hope to improve on Components

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Excerpt: Pechalat, 28, and Bourzat, 31, presented a dance which was very far removed stylistically from the programs of both the leading teams. Light-hearted and careless, their performance to a Rolling Stones’ medley was nonetheless very technically sound.

“I think we had a good performance, it was very clean,” said Pechalat. “We just would like to improve on the component score, so we know what to work on to be ready to European and World Championships.”

More...

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Pechalat and Bourzat are owning that third place spot in dance. They are the oldest couple among top teams, but does anyone think they may stay on after Sochi, when it is expected V&M may retire, and D&W may retire as well, leaving P&B top dogs?

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Say D and W win oly gold and V and M get second with P and B third; IF the first two teams retire I would suspect P and B would think they would have world gold. But in two years one would think the Italians, Russians or USA no. 2 or Canada no. 2 wil be challenging P and B. THey might be "pushing" their luck.

Ice Diva

On the Ice
Pechalat and Bourzat are just not doing it for me this season. IMO they are over scored, especially in their Free Dance, which doesn't do the Rolling Stones justice. I see them staying in 3rd or slipping to 4th as younger teams with potential improve. V/M will probably win another OGM, D/W a silver & they will both retire. It must be difficult for teams to have V/M & D/W at the top because they are just so good.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Pechalat and Bourzat are just not doing it for me this season. IMO they are over scored, especially in their Free Dance, which doesn't do the Rolling Stones justice. I see them staying in 3rd or slipping to 4th as younger teams with potential improve. V/M will probably win another OGM, D/W a silver & they will both retire. It must be difficult for teams to have V/M & D/W at the top because they are just so good.

ITA except I do not find D and W or V and M have the magic of say even Usova and Zhulin or Klimova and Pomarenko; that natural passion (well before the collapse of U and Zs marriage); the drama, the interaction between the couples was just so intense, so amazing so heartfelt - it transcended the ice.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I don't see P&B going much past Sochi. At the end of this month they will be 29 and 32. By Sochi they will both be in there 30's.

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
if P&B win the bronze in Sochi I could see them staying until the 2015 Worlds to try for that World title. They would never stay until 2018 though, no way. There is no way they would stay ahead of the younger teams that long and they know it. Sadly I also think Davis & White will more likely win the Sochi gold than Virtue & Moir, but both teams will definitely retire after the 2014 Worlds at the latest.