Javier Fernandez | Page 13 | Golden Skate

Javier Fernandez

makaihime

Final Flight
I hope he is all better before the next GP because I'm rooting for him to win at the GPF :yay:

OniBan

Final Flight
absolutely enjoyed Javier's SP program this season - love the music, the choreography and the way he skates it! So nonchalantly sexy :)

LRK

Record Breaker
Any news on his knees? Wishing him the best for this weekend!

I too love his new SP. I showed it to my husband, and I think he was a little disappointed actually. "But didn't you think it was good?" I asked him surprised. "No, it was great - but it didn't feel like a Javier program to me," replied my husband. He said Javi always does something comical, and this was so different - my husband likes the comedy side of Javier, and admires him for bringing it off so well; doing comedy being harder than serious. And I agree with him on that - if you fail to perform a serious program properly, it may come off lifeless and bland, perhaps - but a comical piece done badly... well... there is nowhere to go, and it's just simply a complete disaster.

But, I still loved his SP. :) I think my husband may appreciate his FP more - but I didn't think the SC performance was the one to especially show to my husband as the best "look, isn't this great?" example... Better luck at Rostelecom, Javi! :)

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Any news on his knees? Wishing him the best for this weekend!

I too love his new SP. I showed it to my husband, and I think he was a little disappointed actually. "But didn't you think it was good?" I asked him surprised. "No, it was great - but it didn't feel like a Javier program to me," replied my husband. He said Javi always does something comical, and this was so different - my husband likes the comedy side of Javier, and admires him for bringing it off so well; doing comedy being harder than serious. And I agree with him on that - if you fail to perform a serious program properly, it may come off lifeless and bland, perhaps - but a comical piece done badly... well... there is nowhere to go, and it's just simply a complete disaster.

But, I still loved his SP. :) I think my husband may appreciate his FP more - but I didn't think the SC performance was the one to especially show to my husband as the best "look, isn't this great?" example... Better luck at Rostelecom, Javi! :)

Black Betty isn't comical, but it's not exactly Carmina Burana either, is it? :) Yes, Javi does comedy very well, but I'd love to see him branch out into other styles, especially now that he is in many ways one of the "elders" of men's FS. He has far too much sex appeal to keep doing Chaplin forever...you know? I can understand why your husband might be immune to his other charms, of course...

Please take care of yourself, Javi! I want you to win!

Meoima

Match Penalty
Black Betty isn't comical, but it's not exactly Carmina Burana either, is it? :) Yes, Javi does comedy very well, but I'd love to see him branch out into other styles, especially now that he is in many ways one of the "elders" of men's FS. He has far too much sex appeal to keep doing Chaplin forever...you know? I can understand why your husband might be immune to his other charms, of course...
Please take care of yourself, Javi! I want you to win!
I think Jav's new SP works very well and he can sell it. He has sex appeal and the program plays his strength. I am not very crazy about his LP but when he's on it works as well. :) I have high belief that Javi can make it to GPF!!

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker
^Thanks for the link. Seems skaters and computer games go together. LOL at Patrick's comment that he'll score the game even higher if it features an ice rink.

Another video of Javier's "Black Betty" SP in Skate Canada this time with TSN commentary (http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2a4bjl_2014-skate-canada-javi-sp-tsn_sport) uploaded by dasani. Javier's performance was such that his coach Tracy Wilson, was as excited and as effusive as I ever heard her. :)

Here's hoping Javier do better in COR. I am wondering how a mistake-free performance of that program will score.

HanDomi

Record Breaker
I can finally smile now...:cheer: I hope he will take time to rest his knees. :cry:

Great that Javi hold it together to make it :biggrin:

for the rest I would rather think about Mr Orser ;) As he will go now to Japan and I think he may even stay there until NHK if Yuzuru will be fine on time to work with him there :drama:

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker
Welcome. :) And congratulations to Javier for winning COR and making it to the GPF. I feel it's not all there yet for him, but I am excited seeing how he'll grow into his programs. Skating before his home country should be added incentive.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Love Javi's skating... wish he didn't skate quite so similarly to Brian Orser (Black Betty is great, but I'd love to see the footwork have personality throughout instead of just when he's standing in one spot)... last year's Satan Takes A Holiday was special. :)