Alba

Record Breaker
I have to say Voronov&Javi looks gorgeous in that picture. :biggrin:

Last edited:

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
I have to say Voronov&Javi looks gorgeous in that picture. :biggrin:

:thumbsup:

An interviewer asked Sergei how they became such good friends. They used to live in the same house in New Jersey when they were coached by Morozov (with his other skaters, too, I suppose). I would have been interested in a reality show about that house!

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
:thumbsup:

An interviewer asked Sergei how they became such good friends. They used to live in the same house in New Jersey when they were coached by Morozov (with his other skaters, too, I suppose). I would have been interested in a reality show about that house!

A figure skating version of the Real World :laugh2:

Pamigena

Record Breaker
So does that mean he's universally shippable? Well, I know I have a postal address, I'd even build a bigger mailbox and maybe........ oh, wait, you said ship with and not ship to, right? Sorry, nevermind, I'll just go back to wherever I came from.
:eek::

foruiz

Final Flight
So how lucky the Cricket Club is! :biggrin: to have Javier and yh…

The CC could well be the most stalked ice rink in Toronto already. :) speaking of ships, I find whatever he has with Miki kind of cute, I also ignore comments in Miki's IG.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Wow...is he photogenic or what? And so charming and funny (I watched a few of the video clips). :eek:: Lucky girls!

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Javier did an interview for the Russian site Sport.ua during the Rostelecom Cup. Here's the Google translation:

Javier Fernández: "This is my time"

We met with Javier after the demonstrations, when all the excitement is already behind us, and he had some free time to hang out, and then re-join the company of his fellow competitors, to celebrate his victory. She was given Fernandez difficult this time: he could not get used to the ice, and in any affected excitement inherent in acting under the last number. When I asked, "Why are you so nervous before any program?" Javier modestly shrugged and said, "I do not know, I guess I just burned while waiting for its release on the ice, and tired. I jumped at the training only two coat, I could not. I went round and round the rink, because someone always arose in my way, and even if he was far away, I preferred not to risk it, remembering what happened with Yuzuru in the previous step. " However, this did not prevent him to bypass his nearest rival by as much as 10 points, and pleased Fernandez has pricked up the blade in the direction of Barcelona, ​​which will host the Grand Prix of Figure Skating Final (11-14 December 2014).

- How did you react to the fact that GWF held this year in Barcelona? Still, Spain is not the most popular country in this sense ...

- I thought, "Well, why is this year? Why ?! ". After the Olympics in Sochi, I was thinking about how to take a break and some time not to compete, maybe a season or two. Well, or simply do not take part in the Grand Prix series, and immediately go to the European Championship and World Championship. But when I learned that FGP will be in Barcelona, ​​I realized that I could not do so. Although, of course, sometimes your body and mind need to be given a rest. But I decided to try to get into the finals, it meant a lot to me, because last year I did not get to the final, which means that this year had to do it.

- Xavi, tell me how you feel before the start on home soil ? It gives you self-confidence, or rather, makes even more nervous under the weight of responsibility?

- Oh no! I feel ... (takes a deep breath and exhale slowly) a huge relief! Do you know why? Because my goal was to go to the HRF, so if I'm going to play there and fall at least 17 ​​times - I will anyway (laughs). The goal is the goal - I got to the Finals. No, of course I want to make it good, because many Spaniards will watch FGP and cheering for me. There is another point: I need to make sure that people in Spain liked figure skating, so they they are interested in.

- I think figure skating in Spain and so develop in all possible ways. You do not think so? Still, it was entrusted to you to carry the flag at the opening ceremony of the Olympic Games? What are you, by the way, I felt at that moment?

- I never thought that this could happen to me. I always thought that such things happen only on TV, when you look at these people with flags and think: "That's lucky him!". And when I learned that this lucky I am, I can not believe that really there, I do not even know what to do with the flag (laughs). I do say that it will be quite heavy and I will need to carry it so that it rests on the hip. But in the end it turned out that it was plastic and hollow inside.

- In your plans include a trip to the next Olympics? Or maybe even 2 or even 3 as Plushenko.

- Oh, no, 2 or 3 it too. Plushenko this one. I really like his skating, I admire him as a person, since I was very young. I'm going to small incremental steps, season after season, and it's my body will decide how far I'll go. But my goal is precisely the next Olympics. Then, probably, I will stop riding, but it is too early to think something. I would like to be a coach, but, again, it will depend on what offers I received at that time, when I decide to no longer compete.

- Would you like to train in Spain?

- Yes, but only if there are good offers . Otherwise, I probably would stay in Turin or somewhere else. If I am in Spain will offer its own rink, which, say, call my name I'll be there the director, why not ... But it is too early to think that something as I think about the next Olympics.

- What do you say to yourself before you leave on ice? How to configure?

- Just two phrases. "This is your hour" and "do you train to do it."

- Let's talk about this season. Who chooses the music for your programs? They'll give you a very fit.

- All little. The basic idea belonged to Brian Orser and David (Wilson), my wish was to use the Spanish music in the long program, but one that would not have sounded Spanish. I already knew that maybe I'll go to Barcelona, ​​I wanted to be on this wave, but this year the dancers perform as a short dance paso doble, so did not want to be like them. So we come to the "Il Barbiere di Seviglia" (G. Rossini): a Spanish melody, but the author of the opera - a Frenchman, and they sing in Spanish at all. For the short program did not just want something new and unusual. And when I was asked if I wanted to insult black people in this song, I said, "Choose a song to insult someone ?! Seriously? ".

- This season was allowed to use music with words. And once the word is in both of your programs. Was it just an experiment or are you in the future also intends to use only the music with words?

- Of course, it was an experiment, as it is the first year that I can do it. This does not mean that we are going to use music with words every year. If you got something interesting and appropriate - of course, but it is not our goal.

- Words help you interpret the meaning of the song on the ice?

Actually, it does not matter. The main role here is played by the music itself. For example, if I want to portray James Bond, what there can be a word? Did he talk to during the song (laughs)? Hardly, it makes no sense. I like to compose music that everyone knows that I myself know well. But it should not be boring at the same time, for example, if it's the music of the film, which all looked a hundred times already. I do not care - it's a classic or contemporary music. I just pick out what I like, regardless of style. I do not like to stand still, I try to change something in every season, this also applies to music and images. This approach allows us to diversify my program to make sure that people, including myself, it was nice and interesting to watch my performances. After all, the audience will be bored if some skater will skate each year under the slow music. Imagine a situation, he goes on the ice, and all are already thinking: "We know you, you will again be something mournful." With me you will never see this.

- Do you listen to a lot of music in his spare time? Which areas do you prefer?

- Sometimes I generally just turn on the radio, and me at the same time is like playing there. I have no favorite artists, I can listen to pop music, classical music (if it really happened, I woke up in a mood), Spanish music, flamenco, for example. I can include flamenco for the whole house and go crazy. I do not like rap and heavy metal, but sometimes I can listen to the music and, if it is not too heavy. I can listen and club music, for example, house or electro, if this is not just a bit monotonous, which lasts for an hour. In this case, I usually think: "It would be nice to have even a word ', even if I'm in the club. Although there is still much depends on the company. And I like reggaeton, this music I can fully disengage, I do not know how much dance to it, but I do my best.

- And under what kind of music do you like to ride: gay or lyric?

- I like cheerful music. But when you put a room underneath something fun, funny and groovy, to work on this for a long time, that was really fun. You can not just go on the ice and all laugh, doing nothing. I've already talked to Kurt Browning, he put the number SuperHavi us to do something fun. And he has already found a song, I liked it, but did not seem quite fun. However, he is able to do something really fun, so I want to meet with him and discuss everything. He could easily say, "Yes, it is classical music, but if you go out on the ice in a tutu?" (Laughs).

An interesting option. And who, by the way, the author of your costume this season?

- Designers are the same as in the previous year. Top for the short program - the idea of Brian, he at one time had a similar suit. His sewed designer in Montreal, the same designer created my costume for the short program last year. A free program for the designer was the same as that sewed suit for my room "Charlie Chaplin", he lives in Toronto.

- And you yourself take part in creating their costumes?

- I usually offer ideas, add and remove various parts and the Council with us about the fact that, in our opinion, these items represent. So what can I say, if you think that certain elements should be changed.

- During the season you're going to change the costumes? Many skaters are doing, for example, Takahashi.

-No, I never do. I like them, and with them if nothing happens, then they will remain so.

- A program change will still be before the next start or what we have seen - is the final version?

- Is that little detail, but in general they remain unchanged. I've changed some things, maybe there is something else. However, I am quite pleased with their programs at the moment. Brian sometimes gives me advice, if he sees that something is going wrong.

- As technology or tranzishenov?

- Yes, it refers mainly to tranzishenov and footwork, placement of pauses in the program, so I can relax, for example.

- And how different Brian's approach to your training and training Yuzuru (Yuzuru Chania, who also coached by Brian Orser - approx. Ed. )? In general, there is some difference? He is more critical of you or vice versa - encourages and promotes?

- Of course, Brian different approach to our training, we are all human, we sometimes different mood, all the different techniques. It strongly depends on the period and my results. If he sees that I'm not working, then surely it makes me do it. If he have something to be angry with me, he will be angry. Not that he always swore at me, but if the situation demands it - he does. But usually it is quite calm, he encourages us very much! If I dokatyvayutsya program, he can go after me and say something like: "Come on, come on! You're almost finished it! Everything is fine! ".

- You Yuzuru exercise at the same time? It helps you or vice versa distracting?

- Yes, we are with him at the rink in the same time. It all depends on the mood on any given day. If I'm in a good mood, I can enthusiastically look at the way he jumps and be happy for him, charging him with energy. But if I'm in a bad mood, I still get very badly, but I try to do something, but he has all fine and good, I can be angry and think that I was with him at all do not want to be on the same rink (laughs). So rarely happens, because we are friends and well find a common language. But in general, well, when you and I trained athlete of the same high level as you. - Thank you Xavi once again congratulate you on winning the Rostelecom Cup and good luck in the Final Grand Prix. Irina Volkova from Moscow