Javier Fernandez | Page 19 | Golden Skate

Javier Fernandez

MariaRafael

Rinkside
Don't know about the child, but Morozov has a reputation of habitually seducing his trainees. And this Miki seems to be very active ...

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
from teleconference with Javi at december 5th
Some quotes from the conference call with Javier Fernández this morning:

On making the Final: I am really, really excited. It was a big special for me but at same time really hard mentally because I did not want to miss it. I think it is going to help my country a lot. It will give people a chance to see what the sport in big competitions is like. I am doing so many run-throughs – clean short and long programs. I am really prepared for this competition. Hopefully, it goes well.

Performing at home: I have not had a chance to compete in my home country at this kind of competition so this is going to be way different. Having so many people supporting me from my home country is going to be special. It will be a little bit more pressure – I don’t want to have a bad skate.

On competing in Russia: It was important for me to skate well in Russia. I knew I had to be first or second to be in the Final. There was a lot of pressure that I put on myself because I wanted to skate great.

he sounds ready and determined to win :agree:
hope he has great time on GPF and win at home, as much as i want yuzuru to win too , i wish they could both win :cry:, i am sure yuzu wouldnt mind Javi winning, he knows what its like to win at home after all, good luck Javi :cheer:

LRK

Record Breaker
from teleconference with Javi at december 5th

he sounds ready and determined to win :agree:
hope he has great time on GPF and win at home, as much as i want yuzuru to win too , i wish they could both win :cry:, i am sure yuzu wouldnt mind Javi winning, he knows what its like to win at home after all, good luck Javi :cheer:

Besides, when will Javi have the chance to win at home again? He never has yet, it will be a totally unique experience for him. (I'm talking big international events, of course. :))

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
Besides, when will Javi have the chance to win at home again? He never has yet, it will be a totally unique experience for him. (I'm talking big international events, of course. :))

definitely not this season or next one but who knows maybe europe or world championship in the future, that would be awesome :yay:

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
I think she must have flown from Canada with him, because she posted a pic of herself with David Wilson and Patrick Chan yesterday. And she has a couple shows in Europe coming up in a week or two. So hopefully we will see her cheering for him. ;)

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Yes he is. :dance:
And according to Twitter, Javi has done better in practice today. Fingers cross for him.

I really wish someone would upload videos of his practices. :scowl: Much as I like Yuzuru...he's not the only skater in this competition, some of us would like to see the other men, too!