Javier Fernandez | Page 253 | Golden Skate

Javier Fernandez

LolaSkatesInJapan

♥ Kami Valieva fan ♥
On the Ice
Country
Israel
excactly - an after that he is going to Mexico for a camp. You should convice him to hold one in Japan too. Than he can call it Around-the-world-camp.
If he shows up at the rink again I will ask 😅 (I'll swallow my shyness/embarrassment!)

maturines

Rinkside
Javi is now in Montreal with the Mexican skater Andrea Astrain Maynez, who is compiting at the Autumn Classic. But the big, big surprise is that he is participating in Big Brother VIP in Spain. The contest began yesterday, but at the end of the program the host announced his name as the last contestant. I guess he'll come into the house when he gets back from Canada.

maturines

Rinkside
Last Thursday Javi came into the Big Brother house and so far everything is fine with him. He hasn't had a fight with anyone, he cleans, cooks, plays soccer with his mates and of course takes naps at the garden. Yesterday they had a barbecue and he took care of it. Last night Javier found Effie's hair on his clothes and said that she hates babies, that she hisses at them. He also said that it was Laura's birthday and sent her congratulations.

eppen

Medalist
Country
Spain
I have been following the GHVIP8 a little bit - mostly on Twitter/X and a few peeks into the house. BB is not my cup of tea. But it has been funny so far!

He was ready to get out after 3 days, but I guess got used to being there. Though, he should get out before he has to be teaching at the winter camp in Mexico on Dec 11 (I think the show continues later than that)...

The viewers thought of him mostly as a "piece of furniture" during the first week because he was taking it easy and getting to know the group. Now a lot of them just love him because he is more of a sensible and normal human being behaving (mostly) well etc. compared to the others. Today, his GHVIP8 fans have started to dig up skating videos and have also gotten to watch the RTVE docu series. They have still a lot to do before the shows ends!

Yesterday, I caught a bit of the live show where they were prepping this week's task. They were given a video of a choreography and a stage and they had to learn the dance and perform it. Guess who became the director and drill master?? It was fabulous to watch how patiently he went on showing the moves to everyone (he obviously had learned them all before anyone else got theirs), getting the positions on stage right, counting the tempo and so on. I think this group is harder than any of the skating camp groups he has ever had to deal with! And of course his dancing is a few hundred times better than anyone elses, so the viewers are in awe.

Just one clip as an example: https://twitter.com/StrongBoy__/status/1708442971350208773

E

eppen

Medalist
Country
Spain
Yesterday, Javi left the Gran Hermano VIP 8 house of his own will. It was an experience but perhaps not as much fun as he might have thought entering in September... He described it at some point as going to daycare but not having any toys to play with. He got bored of the inactivity and also of the constant talking and bickering and minor conflicts.

He did get along pretty well with everyone although there was a crisis with one of the guys. I am not quite sure how it all went, but at first they were very friendly and at some point Javi turned on the other guy - he said he felt deceived and even got pretty angry in one of the evening shows. Well, the other guy was voted out by the audience, but then they let in three new ones and this was - as Javi said last night - the worst thing. He started to get anxious and could not sleep (at this point I started thinking of the crisis he had back in the day...) and began to talk about wanting to leave one way or another.

Unfortunately, he was pretty well-loved and hated by the audiences which meant that they wanted to keep him in the house. This week, he got nominated for expulsion, but was saved by the audience votes. He had communicated his bad mental state to the producers before and I think they came to an agreement of how to get him out without a hassle. And that happened.

And an hour or so after he had left, the house exploded and the situation led to two other competitors getting expulsed. Today, there were quite a lot of the comments from the housemates and from viewers, that Javi's presence might have prevented the situation. He was after all the one who made the irritating provactor shut up and had good relationship with the two expulsed guys... He talked to everyone and was there for everyone, even the people he seemed to really dislike, in their bad moments - his capacity to empathy is formidable!

It would be interesting to know how he will view his participation in time. If you watched the 24/7 life in the house, it was obvious that he was an active participant. Not in the fighting etc., but in more discreet ways. He only took part in a shouting match in one of the live shows once (never seen him that angry). He was active and creative in the weekly tasks they had to do. He dressed up in shiny (and supertight) jumpsuits and wigs for the parties.

The producers did not seem to know what to do with his activity and so he was ingored in the topics that were taken up in the live shows. Apart from one thing: the guy Javi got into a quarrel with started a rumor about the size of Javi's you-can-probably-guess-what. And the producers went out of their way to catch images and put together a video which I thought was pretty unbelievable in this day and age. (Had it been about something in the appearance of one of the women, what an uproar it would have caused...)

It would have been great to be able to listen to the stories he told about his FS life, but unfortunately not a whole lot got reported in Twitter/X posts. Most viewer reports concerned (perhaps not surprisingly) his love life. The most shocking moment was him bursting into tears over his dinner thinking about his mother and aunt and their suffering with breast cancer (his mom is happily fine now!). In all the years in FS, I have never seen him properly in tears, not in the moments of greatest disappointments or even those with greatest happiness.

One interesting FS tidbit did emerge on his last day: Russians had tried to get him to represent them. Don't know when this happened, but I suspect the Morozov times when he was in Russia and all. It would have meant lots more money (and think of facilities etc.) but Javi is too thoroughly Spanish to even think of doing such a thing.

To finish off this episode in Javistory, two happy clips. A couple of weeks ago, they had to do a hospital soap and this scene with Javi showing off his acting chops was part of one episode: https://www.instagram.com/p/CyYyvgZKTCo/ (People desperately tried to make them a pair, but there seemed to be nothing going on between them, she was more interested in the guy who comes out singing at the end.)

This week's task was sth about pirates and although Javi was not going to participate in it, he tried on costumes and let his inner pirate out in the scenery they had built: https://twitter.com/dama_livia_1/status/1719732711810609481

E

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Just a headsup, Javi will be in the commemorative ice show Notte Stellata, 3 shows 8,9 and 10 March.

And he's one of the skaters just announced for the A tour of Fantasy on Ice this year, the shows in in Makuhari & Aichi. As yet the B tour haven't been announced, but he is often in them too.