Javier Fernandez | Page 62 | Golden Skate

Javier Fernandez

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
Thank you for translating!
is it just me or does he sound more confident than ever?! Its great to see it,
Regardless of results, i hope he will show us programs that he will be proud of! Good luck Javi :love:

LRK

Record Breaker
Thank you for translating!
is it just me or does he sound more confident than ever?! Its great to see it,
Regardless of results, i hope he will show us programs that he will be proud of! Good luck Javi :love:

He sounds more determined, I think.

And in spite of the mistakes he's made in his programs this season, he looks more stable somehow - I think his unexpected World title has given him confidence.

xibsuarz

Record Breaker
This one is an interview with Brian where he says there's something unique and authentic about Javi, that he skates without thinking much and uses his heart, instead (it reminds Brian of how he was as a skater).

And this one's an interview with Javi himself: he talks about probably retiring after 2018 and that he'll have to work after that (why doesn't he do ice shows?), Rafael Nadal is his idol, he's got a motto: "What happens on the ice stays on the ice, my life comes after that" because he tries to keep them both separate. They asked him if he's ever tried to do a pairs routine with Miki, but he says there's no time. His relationship with Yuzu hasn't changed in the slightest since Worlds other than they now compete with the specific goal of beating each other. He thinks he's at the perfect level ATM to compete against him, and he's there to win.

I like hearing him more confident and determined, hopefully this will translate to great routines today!

bartlebooth

Record Breaker
It's interesting when he talks about his diet, the fact that he eats healthy food but does not obsess over his weight, and rarely weighs himself. Very laid-back, very Javier.

LRK

Record Breaker
Good luck, Javi! I'm hoping for a great performance this evening from him! :)

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker
This one is an interview with Brian where he says there's something unique and authentic about Javi, that he skates without thinking much and uses his heart, instead (it reminds Brian of how he was as a skater).

Thanks for the link. The interview also serves as further proof, if any is needed, that Brian's talk about vowing not to be emotionally invested in his skaters is just that, talk. He can be very
proud of his "son" Javier both as a skater and a person.

And speaking of coaches, I didn't know that Javier received some coaching also from Alexei Mshin judging from this rough Google translation in English:
https://translate.google.com/transl...in-budu-bolet-za-havera-fernandesa&edit-text=.

All the best to Javier and the other competitors in the GPF!

hamaguri

Record Breaker
Oh, Men's SP starts soon!:yahoo:

Thanks everyone for translation and updates!:thank:

Go! Javi! Our world champion!:clapper:

xibsuarz

Record Breaker
Congrats Javi for your effort and not bending under the pressure of skating at home and after Yuzuru :hap10: Very nice score, wishing him the best for the FS on Saturday!

rosacotton

Final Flight
Quoting a few posts from the Yuzuru fan thread because I think it is wonderful how Hanyu and Javier support each other. Long live the Cricket Club Brothers!:yes2:

Another great moment caught from yesterday's SP: this poster saw Javi's family giving Hanyu-san a standing O after Hanyu-san's performance; such a classy family!

JSF staff had urged Yuzu to leave but Yuzu insisted on watching all of Javier's jumps.
http://video.weibo.com/show?fid=1034:a506496d5bdbf506a20340463c38bd80

xibsuarz

Record Breaker
I thought this was a very sweet article so I wanted to share it here: Sara and Sonia, Javier Fernandez' sisters (Sara Hurtado and Sonia Lafuente)
Among other things they said: "We're so proud and happy for everything that's happening to Javi, because he deserves it. And the best thing is that our relationship has never changed. He is still that humble and nice boy, always smiling."
"Javi has opened this country's eyes about the importance of this sport. And to us, as skaters and teammates, he has made us realize that it can be done, that it's possible...That if you have the talent, even if you come from a country without skating tradition and with little resources, you can get there if you really want it and fight for it."

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
He was soooo good! I always had faith in him & I hope a few people are eating their words (the ones who thought Javi would be a non-factor compared to Chan & Denis this season...come on, he's world champ for a reason!) :hap10:

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker
Congratulations Javier! You proved you have palabra de honor. You promised that you will do your best in the FP and you did. In front of
your home crowd. Bravo!