Da Kwan Remains Da Kwan!!! | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Da Kwan Remains Da Kwan!!!

BronzeisGolden

Medalist
Well, my mother and I were about 14 rows up from the ice just off-center. They were spectacular seats. I wouldn't have wanted to be any lower. You could see the entire ice surface from where we sat and it was a tremendous view. I bought our tickets (at Ticketmaster) in September as soon as the individual event tickets went on sale.

IDLERACER

Medalist
For those of you who keep debating the exact color of Michelle Kwan's garment, here are what the various colors you've proposed look like, when entered via this forum's HTML editor:
CORAL
LIGHT CORAL
SALMON
DARK SALMON
TOMATO
[COLOR=FF4500]ORANGISH RED[/COLOR]
[COLOR=FF8C00]DARK ORANGE[/COLOR]

IDLERACER

Medalist
[COLOR=FF4000]According to my web-color names chart, "Tangerine" and "Orange-Red" are the same thing.[/COLOR]

VIETgrlTerifa

Record Breaker
Oh really? I guess my idea of tangerine is just off. I have to say it's coral too. Thanks for listing all the colors for us Idle, now we all can agree with what color MK's LP dress was finally.

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
Does anyone else consider colors to be what they are called in the crayola box?

IDLERACER

Medalist
I think the garment was this color :
[COLOR=FF8080]¢¢¢¢¢¢¢¢¢¢¢¢¢¢¢¢¢[/COLOR]

mpal2

Final Flight
Unless it's my computer screen, there's a little too much pink in that Idle.

I was there live and based on my computer screen colors it looked more like a cross between the salmon and tomato. Probably a little closer to tomato. The dark salmon doesn't look dark enough.

At some point I'll post some random nationals thoughts before I forget everything. I started out taking notes but I was also trying to take pictures so the notes dwindled out.

tharrtell

TriGirl Rinkside
On the Ice
BronzeisGolden said:
... individual event tickets went on sale.

Can you watch practices with individual ticket purchases? If I'm gonna go, I think I'd like to see practices too.

Pookie

Final Flight
I think the garment was this color :
¢¢¢¢¢¢¢¢¢¢¢¢¢¢¢¢¢

Her dress was that color, but her performance was this color:

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

That kind of looks gold. :D

eliza88

On the Ice
Piel, I always think of colors as named in the Crayola box...sea green, burnt umber, etc.

eliza88

PS. On my TV her dress looked coral. What a dress! The cut was beautiful, a very elegant and mature look, I loved the back straps...a nice change from all the sequin happy outfits!

Joesitz said:
I want all of you to go to Portland next year. There is no excuse for you GS members on the West Coast. You must be part of the audience when MK skates. It's a religious experience, and I'm not religious. And catch Sasha Cohen, too, who is a great skater and who may win. But it is La Kwan who will get you even if she winds up in last place.
Joe
Great post, Joe. And I assume you'll be paying for the tickets and travel costs so all of us can go to Portland next year, right?;)

Doris,
All the things you brought up--Tim and his boots, Michelle and her boots back in '98, Ye Bin's problems, plus the the things with Danielle--all of it adds up to just what you said, very creepy. We talk about some skaters concentrating too much on winning medals, but we rarely talk about coaches. Of course you want to inspire your students and get them to skate their best, but not at the expense of their health. Naturally I don't know what's in Frank's head, but I sure HOPE he's not so obsessed with having an OGM that he loses his perspective on things.
Rgirl

mzheng

Record Breaker
Actually, Michelle had her boot problem this season too. She got her boots last cut to fit her feet at middle of Dec. The first time she felt 'much comfortable' was a week before ABC Winter Chanlange. She had been run through 14 pairs. That's why she can't get her new SP ready and did very little fine tunning with her LP. She has also got her 3/3 at midle of Dec.

With two more monthes to the worlds, she will be fully prepared and on fire.

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
I wonder if Vera Wang gave her a "three for the price of one" special on those three new dresses.........wow, I bet they cost about 5 thousand a pop.............42

tharrtell

TriGirl Rinkside
On the Ice
Rgirl said:
We talk about some skaters concentrating too much on winning medals, but we rarely talk about coaches. Of course you want to inspire your students and get them to skate their best, but not at the expense of their health. Naturally I don't know what's in Frank's head, but I sure HOPE he's not so obsessed with having an OGM that he loses his perspective on things.

Unfortunately, I think a coach's worth is determined by the success of his/her athletes. If this is truly a pattern with Frank, it's pretty ugly.

mission99

Spectator
Not to mention has medalled at both Olympics, has medalled at every Worlds since 1996 (five gold), eight Nationals Titles (two more silver), and a bunch of others as well. My gosh, I think the only titles she has missing from her resume are 4CC (btw I think she should do this just to add it to her collection) and a GPF Title (though she has a bunch of silvers as well).

Dont want to be nit picky but michelle has 3 national silver medals not 2 (94,95,97). Also she does own a GPF Title, (96). I to think she should go for 4CC so she can add that to her resume!