Anna Cappellini & Luca Lanotte | Page 12 | Golden Skate

Anna Cappellini & Luca Lanotte

Olibritt

On the Ice
Country
Spain

slider11

Medalist
agree with chapis, that one lift is very beautiful.

i'm very fond of this pair and think they were really hard done by last worlds - i'd really like them to get an oly medal. i'm not sure about the fd costumes though - to me, the white of her dress really clashes with his shirt. idk...

I love Anna and Luca's SD and FD, as well, this season. They are traditional but bring such class and polish to what they do. I am mesmerized by their skating. I think the difference in the color of Anna's dress and Luca's shirt in the FD is symbolic to the theme of Life is Beautiful. Anna represents purity and innocece; Luca represents harsh reality- beautiful but hardened by the cruelty that persecution brings. Her white also stands out better against his ecru colored shirt.

reneerose

Final Flight
I hope they skate clean programs at the Olympics. The FD at Europeans recently had some errors. Anna looked so disappointed after it and their scores.

Here's the recent link to their Ice Talk with Jackie Wong from Rocker Skating and Ice Network where they talk about competing, recharging their batteries between competitions, prepping for Europeans and the Olympics, and Anna's hand injury earlier in the season: http://dts.podtrac.com/redirect.mp3/dds.mlb.com/icenetwork/2018/ep58/icetalk58.mp3

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I'm sorry Anna and Luca weren't quite able to go out with a World medal, but that was a gorgeous, gorgeous skate, and they did get small bronze as well as a personal best score. What a lovely farewell for a lovely pair! They did themselves proud.

It's been a pleasure, Anna and Luca - all the best for the future wherever it takes you. :love:

yoloaxel

Record Breaker
Anna and Luca moved me to tears today ❤️😭 thank you for such a wonderful, heartfelt performance! In my heart, they got the bronze

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
Just got the chance to watch their free dance again and wow that last minute with the roar of the crowd was intense. Their last choreo lift was glorious, after the dismount, she briefly touches Luca's cheek (almost in tears at that point), and ending with that emotional hug: https://youtu.be/y_0VKhguiS8?t=260

That was the best they skated all season and they really captured the emotional weight of the story. Their elements, especially their lifts, were so much smoother today. Really happy that they got a personal best on all segments of this competition to close out their career! Good luck C/L in your future pursuits!

Barb

Record Breaker
They are already World champions. Their FD was wonderful and memorable regardles the place, a great way to finish their career in their own home 💗💗💗💗

yoloaxel

Record Breaker
Italian announcers just explained what Anna told Luca yesterday at the end of their FD: "Thank you for believing in me"

lauravvv

Medalist
Country
Latvia
BillNeal - Unfortunately, no fancams. Filming and taking photos is strictly prohibited to viewers at Japanese figure skating shows, and they are mostly obeying these rules. Sometimes we can get small snippets of programs filmed with a phone on some social media, but even that is rare. Thankfully, Fantasy on Ice shows are filmed and broadcast on Japanese TV. This particular show is being broadcast today, so I think we will get videos soon.

lauravvv

Medalist
Country
Latvia
BillNeal - Sorry for misinforming you. I wrote that the Fantasy on Ice show was broadcast yesterday, but apparently it was just filmed yesterday and will be broadcast tomorrow (or today, depending on where you are).