Concert for Relief for Sandy Victims? | Golden Skate

Concert for Relief for Sandy Victims?

skateluvr

Record Breaker
It's on tonight but I heard not on the major networks. Not sure I have aany cable Channel it is on...anyone know? Thanks

skateluvr

Record Breaker
I found it on ION netwrk. Great lineup. i missed the later part with mccartney..how is the old geexzer, lol? Mick Jagger has quite the moves still. Only 70.

skateluvr

Record Breaker
This was very successful. I couldn't get thru the busy phone lines, so went to website. I haven't read any final totals but estimates were high. It was great to see the new Yorker/New jersey heavyweights. The Boss' voice is a bit weak, but Jon Bon Jovi sounded in great voice and looks amazing. I admit to minor crush. I wonder, how was sir Paul? I saw yesterday a little hour long documentary of the making of Magical mystery Tour which was never seen over here in the day. Apparently Britain did not get it or like it. I admit I was thoroughly confused when Sgt pepper came and even more strange. MMT. I like mot the songs. As a child, I was a huge Beatles fan, but never got the change was the LSD experimental days. Tho Brian Epstein died very young of drug overdose. The Beatles survived that period. It would have been awful to lose a Beatle, who were so beloved. John was shot, but it was understandable to me, having grown up.

Not sure why Stones did only two songs. But maybe as they are on their 50th tour, they need to save Mick's voice which sounded a bit frayed. I like seeing the Who and Clapton is always soulful. It would have been nice to see anyone but Kanye. I am guessing Gaga is on tour and couldn't get there. I would like to see younger New York/New jersey talent, too. Mick was funny saying that it was a gathering of "the oldest British musicians ever to be on one stage." Funny and accurate.

How is lower Manhattan? Does everyone have power restored in NY and NJ? I am wondering if all the homeless families found shelters? I know there was a mess about trailors not available from FEMA?

Last edited: