Skating & Gymnastics Spectacular show | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Skating & Gymnastics Spectacular show

Binthere

On the Ice
Such a thrill to see the worlds of skating and gymnastics collide! Everyone looks like they are having so much fun. Can't wait to see the show on TV.

As an Asian-American, I am probably biased but I have always thought of Maia as such a beautiful person, both inside and out. She always presents herself in such a lovely and mature way, even from when she only 11 years old. Now 18, she is just blossoming before our eyes into SUCH a beauty. Impeccable taste in clothes too!

Binthere, I don't think you're showing bias at all. Everyone seems to think of Maia as beautiful inside and out. Some people just stand out, don't they? I always felt that way about Michelle Kwan, whom I've watched since she was twelve, and I'm not Asian-American.

The fact is, we're uncommonly lucky in our ice dancers right now in North America, aren't we? It's a splendid turn of events.

Sasha'sSpins

Medalist
Country
United-States
I'm happy to see some of my favorite skaters and gymnasts photographed together-but in all honesty I'm none to fond of these Skating and Gymnastics 'Spectaculars'. They tend to be cheeseville imo. :eek:hwell:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States

clairecloutier

Final Flight
As an Asian-American, I am probably biased but I have always thought of Maia as such a beautiful person, both inside and out. She always presents herself in such a lovely and mature way, even from when she only 11 years old. Now 18, she is just blossoming before our eyes into SUCH a beauty. Impeccable taste in clothes too!

I agree. Maia is just a beautiful young girl and always seems so cheerful and happy. I love her look. She reminds me a little of Kate Middleton in that her clothes are always attractive and fashionable, yet tasteful and age-appropriate as well.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
New NBC air date for Skating and Gymnastics Spectacular: Jan 13

New NBC air date for the Skating and Gymnastics Spectacular:

Sunday, January 20, 2013
4:00 – 6:00 PM EST
Check your local listings!

(I will go back and edit the original post of this thread)

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Such a thrill to see the worlds of skating and gymnastics collide! Everyone looks like they are having so much fun. Can't wait to see the show on TV.

Binthere, I don't think you're showing bias at all. Everyone seems to think of Maia as beautiful inside and out. Some people just stand out, don't they? I always felt that way about Michelle Kwan, whom I've watched since she was twelve, and I'm not Asian-American.

The fact is, we're uncommonly lucky in our ice dancers right now in North America, aren't we? It's a splendid turn of events.

I agree. Maia is just a beautiful young girl and always seems so cheerful and happy. I love her look. She reminds me a little of Kate Middleton in that her clothes are always attractive and fashionable, yet tasteful and age-appropriate as well.

:agree:

New NBC air date for the Skating and Gymnastics Spectacular:

Sunday, January 20, 2013
4:00 – 6:00 PM EST
Check your local listings!

(I will go back and edit the original post of this thread)

Thanks. I've made a note on my calendar and hope I have the smarts to look at it in time.

aftertherain

Record Breaker
I have transferred my note from the calendar to the TV set. It is taped right onto the front. Shame on me if I miss this one. And no one better call me up on the phone while it's on.

Just let it go to the answering machine or voicemail. Hehehe. :biggrin:

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
OK, Olympia. here's your "official" reminder for today. The show will be aired on NBC this afternoon, 4-6 PM EST. As always, check your local listings!

Thanks! The countdown begins. Imagine getting to see the skaters and all the gymnasts in one fell swoop.

Well, it's not on here. They're showing a rerun of Access Hollywood. Who knows? Maybe we'll get a shortened version at 4:30.

Team sports as usual...hockey went into overtime.

merrywidow

Record Breaker
I recorded it & was glad that I did as I wound up ffing through commercials & gymnastics. Not a fan of either.

noskates

Record Breaker
I REALLY didn't like this show. First of all, i kept worrying that the skaters would run into that ridiculous stage, I like competitive gymnastics and not this foo-foo stuff, and why on earth when people are skating do they have to show the band! I don't care what the band members look like- I want to see the skaters! I dont' know who produced this show but they didn't do a good job of it. I can watch MTV if I want to see band members. I will say Ashley looked very graceful and the Shibs were cute. I was most worried about Charlie and Meryl running into that stage because they cover so much ice. Same thing with Jeremy.

Well - at least the skaters probably got some $$$ out of this.

macy

Record Breaker
i agree that the "rink" was a joke, that would be so difficult to skate on. There's hardly any room to jump. And i TOTALLY agree about them showing the bands, i want the camera on the athletes, not the musicians! we hear their music and that's good enough for me. my favorite performance were the Shibs, it was adorable! (a pairs team at my rink skated to the "anything you can do, i can do better" song in an ice show a few years ago, it was SO cute. Jaylyn kelly and gabe woodruff, not sure if anyone remembers them...2007 novice bronze medalists i believe). Are the gymnastics routines improv or choreographed? Gah the watered down content kills me. just at least to a double back or something, not another back handspring... :bang: