Carolina Kostner | Page 10 | Golden Skate

Carolina Kostner

hamaguri

Record Breaker
Wow! She looked great out there. Loved the music and can't wait to see her FS.

Agree! Shes insane!
Now im going to ostrava. Tonight I will cheer up for her! Really love her presence and skating. Personally, I began skating here, since there are some outside rinks and I wanted new challenge. Yesterday, the total time when im on the ice reached 10 hours and my body finally learn to "skate using the edges and knees with a speed". The feelings on the ice is fantastic! Of course falls are hard though... and I see how her skating is amazing. No pressure, no seam... her edges move just smoothly on the ice like a magic! I wish I clould watch her practice. !

Last edited:

LRK

Record Breaker
Mishin: "I do not think that in the European Championship she will be dangerous for the Russian skaters" (12-12-2016 http://rsport.ru/figure_skating/20161212/1113648756.html)

:drama:

But don't forget:

http://fs-gossips.com/alexei-mishin-from-liza-we-are-waiting-the-triple-axel/

"But Carolina emits a true understanding of figure skating. She was invited to Russia to inspire our skaters, on whom she projects her artistic vision of figure skating."

Also, this might be why he said the thing about her being no threat:

"Carolina works on flip and lutz which she has restored but not as good as we would like to. "

Anyway, good luck to Caro in the free skate! It's worth remembering that "the long is another beast", and that she has already done marvellously well, whatever the results of today may be. And, no doubt, she will continue to improve until Worlds'.

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Agree! Shes insane!
Now im going to ostrava. Tonight I will cheer up for her! Really love her presence and skating. Personally, I began skating here, since there are some outside rinks and I wanted new challenge. Yesterday, the total time when im on the ice reached 10 hours and my body finally learn to "skate using the edges and knees with a speed". The feelings on the ice is fantastic! Of course falls are hard though... and I see how her skating is amazing. No pressure, no seam... her edges move just smoothly on the ice like a magic! I wish I clould watch her practice. !

Oh you are so lucky! I'm so jealous! When I saw that the competition was in the Czech Republic, I wondered if you would go...Congratulations on trying ice skating. It's SO much fun. I took lessons when I was in my 20's. It really makes you appreciate all the difficult things our favorites do!

Have fun, and be sure to tell us your experiences! Give a cheer too for Anna Pogorilaya.

solani

Record Breaker
Country
Austria
But don't forget:

http://fs-gossips.com/alexei-mishin-from-liza-we-are-waiting-the-triple-axel/

"But Carolina emits a true understanding of figure skating. She was invited to Russia to inspire our skaters, on whom she projects her artistic vision of figure skating."

Also, this might be why he said the thing about her being no threat:

"Carolina works on flip and lutz which she has restored but not as good as we would like to. "

Anyway, good luck to Caro in the free skate! It's worth remembering that "the long is another beast", and that she has already done marvellously well, whatever the results of today may be. And, no doubt, she will continue to improve until Worlds'.
I guess that they could get to a certain point (when Carolina gets too good) where Mishin isn't allowed to coach her any longer (like it happened before the Sochi Olympics). But I believe him when he says that she isn't in her top shape now, she would do 3F-3T in the short if she was. And with that tech panel Carolina isn't a real threat to Sotskova (I got my predictions wrong because of that ... grrr). Anyway, I noticed that Huth is still listed as her coach and it really counts next season. I think a top five finish at Europeans and a top ten finish at Worlds would be a very good result for Carolina this season and that's definitely within reach. I'm really excited for tonight!

hamaguri

Record Breaker
Oh you are so lucky! I'm so jealous! When I saw that the competition was in the Czech Republic, I wondered if you would go...Congratulations on trying ice skating. It's SO much fun. I took lessons when I was in my 20's. It really makes you appreciate all the difficult things our favorites do!

Have fun, and be sure to tell us your experiences! Give a cheer too for Anna Pogorilaya.

Oh, I decided to go a few days ago and didn't have even a ticketn. Today I came to arena and it turned out all seats were totally sold out! I couldn't give up and hang around the ticket shop, so an old lady who came to offer her child's ticket since she got sick sold me her ticket! She was a fan of toyo Olympics in 1964.

Thanks. I really enjoy the live competition. The lady before me says calorina is from the same town. And yes, anna is also my favorite! Just wish they will get clean programs.
Yes, I came to know how difficult things they are doing and their talent is like a gift from heaven. I just hope their health.

Last edited:

Meoima

Match Penalty
I hope Mishin does not get some hate from Russian fed for helping Carolina... :eeking:

But that skate was MAGIC! I am so glad she's back and produce such performance!

RadioFan

Match Penalty
Great comeback. I didnt thought she could return at that level.

Btw, it was interesting to see, that all the skaters seem to like her,
... and funny, how old Mishin ordered her to come back from ice, dont show love-symbols, etc.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BPyTcoqALIw/

Last edited:

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
I just watched Caro's FS such a beautiful performance! :bow:

Congratulations to her on winning the Bronze medal, well done!

msadot

On the Ice
I just watched Caro's FS such a beautiful performance! :bow:

Congratulations to her on winning the Bronze medal, well done!

Did you have doubts? Really? Carolina=Medal. Veni. Vidi. Vici.

Start thinking: we all know she has nothing to prove anymore, as she won EVERYTHING (8 National Medals, 10 Euro Medals, blah blah blah...). STILL... IMO, it will be the medal itself to decide her retirement. As long as she wins, she will not stop. :) Good for my Country, as we will take three skaters to Euro next year.

Last edited: