Carolina Kostner | Page 11 | Golden Skate

Carolina Kostner

thoakun

Final Flight
I'm deeply touched by Caro's comeback, her gracious interview with Icenetwork. There're so much timely and relevant life wisdom:

If you keep yourself open and ready to learn some little things each day, then day by day, after a while, you realize how far you can go. Sometimes you can get to places and find emotions and experiences that you will cherish your whole life.

And she's grateful for the opportunities she's given and generous in inspiring other people to discover their inner compass: "What matters to me is to give some hope, a future, a meaning to those young people who are looking for something to do with their lives. I've always had this chance myself to know what to do with my life, and I could make that vision come true. But everybody doesn't have that same chance."

"I have learned a lot with Mr. Mishin, especially on jumps and technique. I know that I still have so much to learn, technically speaking. I came back to the competitive realm to work intensively on technique. It's the right time to do it: I can do it now, but I won't be able to in five or 10 years. I would not like to wake up 10 years from now and realize that I missed my chance. In life, you regret things you haven't done more than things you have done."

I hope The Skating Lesson will do an interview with her. They may be controversial, but they're really passionate about skating and know how to ask skaters questions which less discerned mainstream media don't care.

Last edited:

Alchamei

Record Breaker
Carolina is one of few skaters I remember from my childhood. And even more rare, she almost the only one that keeps skating. She may not win the World title or Olympic gold, but it is a delight to watch her proving again how beautiful she skates.

msadot

On the Ice
She may not win the World title or Olympic gold

Ehm... she won it all. Medals n Podia are glued to her (Sadly for the 4th one).

BUT... yes: at this point, she's proposing art, not competition.

Last edited:

Alchamei

Record Breaker
Ehm... she won it all. Medals n Podia are glued to her (Sadly for the 4th one).

BUT... yes: at this point, she's proposing art, not competition.

She's probably not capable of winning Worlds or OG now. That's what I meant.

Btw, she hasn't won Olympics.

shiroKJ

Back to the forest you go.
Record Breaker
:points: Congratulations Carolina! How amazing would it be if she were on the World podium again...:eek::

Meoima

Match Penalty
I am glad that Carolina is back and strong. Of course I do think tech panel was easy on her. But nevertherless, what she is doing is magic. I am glad to have her back. She has such amazing taste for music and costumes! (well, let's pretend Scheherazade never happened).

msadot

On the Ice

Btw, she hasn't won Olympics.

Ah, I see. Poor Caro. :( Winning TEN euro Medals, FIVE World Medals (6, with the next one. Or seven?), an OLYMPIC one and 5?6? Grand Prix is not enough.

Personally, I agree with her when she says she won everything she wanted.

Last edited:

Alchamei

Record Breaker
Ah, I see. Poor Caro. :( Winning TEN euro Medals, FIVE World Medals (6, with the next one. Or seven?), an OLYMPIC one and 5?6? Grand Prix is not enough.

Personally, I agree with her when she says she won everything she wanted.

Caro already has 6 world medals.

sallycinnamon

Medalist
This is Carolina's free skate at junior worlds in Ostrava in 2003 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CkDPrQ-t48c
It's not her best performance, but since it's unlisted I think it's a good thing to keep the link in this thread.

Her lines were beautiful even back then, look at her gorgeous arm movements.
I discovered her around this time, especially because she looked (and still looks) SO much like one of my best friends, on the top of that they are practically the same age. So we've been following Carolina's career together. :laugh:

It was amazing to see her at Euros, and I am in love with all three programs. I can't wait to see her at Worlds and cheer for her. Go, Caro! :hap10:

tzazu

Medalist
How much I missed her these years!:luv17: It's incredible to see her again competing, and doing it so really well. When I saw her short program last month, I liked it a lot, but I didn't see the long and I had my doubt about she'd have enough stamina. She really can and more than that!!! :jaw: The three programs are gorgeous, and I agree with the opinion that would be great if she keeps "Claire de Lune" for one of her programs in the Olympic Season :points:

msadot

On the Ice
Most likely not. And yet it doesn't seem completely impossible...

Mamma mia. :( Still needs to win medals to prove herself. :( She hasn't won enough. :(

D'you remember when you said to me: to reach such a high score, she should be a man? Well... seems like it happened. :D

Caro è entrata nella storia perché mai nessuna come lei in 81 anni di Europei al femminile a numero di medaglie (tra gli uomini hanno fatto “10” sono le leggende Ulrich Salchow, Karl Schäfer e quella vivente Evgeni Plushenko)
(No woman in 81 Euro competitions won 10 medals, only between men...)

http://bit.ly/2kkh6uO