Carolina Kostner | Page 12 | Golden Skate

Carolina Kostner

Rubono

Spectator
The three programs are gorgeous, and I agree with the opinion that would be great if she keeps "Claire de Lune" for one of her programs in the Olympic Season :points:

I also hope that she uses Claire de Lune as a competition program in next season. This program is incredibly beautiful and it emphasizes her gorgeous skating skill. Of course, this program couldn't changed to a competition program with this quality, but I'll happy if she uses music like "Claire de Lune" such as another Debussy's music.

Latvian

On the Ice

What is your relationship like with your coach, professor Mishin? He seems very strict, hardly ever smiling...
- Our relationship is very professional, we respect and admire each other very much. For us, it's a challenge. A challenge to find what I can still learn. And I found out this month that I can still learn so much. That doesn't mean that the choices I made in the past were wrong, actually, what I've learnt in the past has allowed me to skate now how I skate. I'm grateful for that, for everybody who helped me in my career.

What are your plans for next season? As far as I know the Russian coaches are not allowed to work with non-Russian skaters in the Olympic seasons.
- I concentrate on this season. I still have so many things I want to improve, to work on. For the next season I will think when the time has come.

In the kiss and cry you gave a big fluffy heart to Mishin with which he felt a bit awkward. Did he keep it in the end?
- Yes, I told him he should give it to his grandson.

Tutto

Record Breaker
Caro's LP stunned me -I just can't stop watching it again and again. When two passions of my life - FS and classical & sacred music come together it is something to cherish. Caro is an angel. I can't describe all I feel when I watch her skating but she is from another world- thank you Caro for all the joy and pleasure you give us. God bless you...

About Mishin's reserved reaction in K&C after LP - I think (of course I can be wrong) he was deeply moved and was fighting his emotions. TBH I believe he is hopelessly in love with Caro and who can blame him!

sallycinnamon

Medalist
Happy 30th birthday to Carolina! I wish her all the love, health and happiness in her next decade too. :hap10:
Time really flies...I remember when she was just 18 :)

Sorrento

Record Breaker
Happy birthday! Wishing Caro a lot of luck and great achievements! So happy to have her back to competitions!:hap10:

msadot

On the Ice
She's probably not capable of winning Worlds or OG now. That's what I meant.

Some counted them: 33 "bigger" Medals.
10 euro Medals >> Male record.

STILL... ja, seems like those numbers are not impressive enough.

She's in Canada, most likely working on the 300 score. :) Can it impress?

Next step, à la Linsey Vonn: Competing for senior Men n Couples n Ice Dance at the same time. :D

Last edited:

Alchamei

Record Breaker
Some counted them: 33 "bigger" Medals.
10 euro Medals >> Male record.

STILL... ja, seems like those numbers are not impressive enough.

She's in Canada, most likely working on the 300 score. :) Can it impress?

Next step, à la Linsey Vonn: Competing for senior Men n Couples n Ice Dance at the same time. :D

Ok, I have now lost my temper. Can you shut up finally?

You are not able to read or something? Did you even see my post? I said ''Caro may not be capable of winning Worlds or OG, but it's such a delight to watch her skate again''. Why are putting words to my mouth? Why are you implying I think Caro sucks and is not good enough? I wrote into the Euros thread a lot and I loved Caro! I don't care if she doesn't win any more medals, but I'm so happy that I can see her skate competively again!

Also mainly, what is the reason that you are reacting to my post again? You already reacted two weeks ago, why the need to make me an idiot again? I so love the hardcore fans really.

msadot

On the Ice
Also mainly, what is the reason that you are reacting to my post again? You already reacted two weeks ago, why the need to make me an idiot again? I so love the hardcore fans really.

First off: sorry you took it personal; I did not mean to offend you personally. I answered your post again because "gazzetta dello Sport" n Azzurri Di Gloria counted her trophies (Road To Korea 2018).

Again: sorry if it offended you personally. :(

Last edited:

Alchamei

Record Breaker
First off: sorry you took it personal; I did not mean to offend you personally. I answered your post again because "gazzetta dello Sport" n Azzurri Di Gloria counted her trophies (Road To Korea 2018).

Again: sorry if it offended you personally. :(

Apology accepted, I was maybe too angry but I have a feeling you may have misread my first post. In my predictions, I didn't even put Caro on the podium but I didn't care, I was just so happy that she decided to come back for the love of the sport. She one of few skaters that skated in Torino 2006 and hasn't retired yet. It's just great to see such longevity in sport.

msadot

On the Ice
Caro, who won the Scandinavian Open next week, got interviewed for "La Domenica Sportiva" on Rai2. A podcast will appear, I think.