Carolina Kostner | Page 27 | Golden Skate

Carolina Kostner

LynsJ

On the Ice
Hope she gets better soon and we see her at Europeans! I was really looking forward to seeing how she could do under the new scoring

ribbit

On the Ice
Nice to hear some more specific details of her injury. Let's hope the hip issue isn't a fracture.

I certainly hope not! But the article describes her injury only as a "pain" and quotes her as saying that she's taking the issue seriously "per non mettermi a rischio di infortuni più seri": "in order not to put myself at risk of more serious injuries". I could well imagine that those hypothetical more serious injuries could include a fracture, but I'd be surprised to hear anyone using that language to describe a hip fracture that existed already. Fingers crossed that she makes a full recovery and that we see her back in good health at Euros and Worlds!

npavel

On the Ice
next week there will be a check to see if she can start jumping again. fingers crossed

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
So looks like Caro is back training :): https://www.instagram.com/p/BruqB_fn6MQ/

With about four weeks to go until Euros, it should give her a decent amount of time to get back to form. Can't wait to see her debut her new free program; she has been missed on the circuit.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland

Although I am gutted to hear this, I can't say I'm at all surprised.

In fact, I would have been shocked if she had gone to Europeans. Her latest injury (from when she fell down the stairs) is just too recent.

Even if she had been fit enough to compete, she wouldn't have been fit enough to challenge the Russians for the podium. So, better to take some more time to get fully recovered from both injuries, and put up a better challenge at Worlds.

CaroLiza_fan

Fluture

Record Breaker
So with GPF being held in Torino next season, I think it may motivate Caro to compete in the Grand Prix next season. Thoughts?

I can only say: Yes please. :pray: But I‘ll be honest, I selfishly hope she‘ll go to Euros next year as they might be in my country and it would probably my best chance to see one of her performances live...

melgirl25

Medalist
Is there any link to her other performance at the gala? I only saw the one where she skates to Mumford & Sons.