Carolina Kostner | Page 7 | Golden Skate

Carolina Kostner

deneb

On the Ice
Well, I presume this was at the gala following the competition - so I don't think there is any particular reason to assume that this is anything other than an EX.

I see a lot of clues.
The duration is what is required for a SP.
The elements of that program is exactly the content required for a SP: 3 jumps (1 axel), 3 spins (layback, flying and change-foot) and a step sq.
The movements before the 3S are clearly introducing a 3Lo.
On her twitter and facebook she made a post saying "Lavori in corso.... " that means "Work in progress..." and a brief video of that program.
https://www.facebook.com/carolinakostner/videos/10157574184165024/
https://twitter.com/msKOSTNER/status/790153952134303744

Maybe I'm wrong but it really looks like a short program.

LRK

Record Breaker
I see a lot of clues.
The duration is what is required for a SP.
The elements of that program is exactly the content required for a SP: 3 jumps (1 axel), 3 spins (layback, flying and change-foot) and a step sq.
The movements before the 3S are clearly introducing a 3Lo.
On her twitter and facebook she made a post saying "Lavori in corso.... " that means "Work in progress..." and a brief video of that program.
https://www.facebook.com/carolinakostner/videos/10157574184165024/
https://twitter.com/msKOSTNER/status/790153952134303744

Maybe I'm wrong but it really looks like a short program.

Well, that does sound perfectly logical, so you may very well be right... It's a bit surprising program for Caro, though - but maybe that's what she wants; a change of pace?

turquoiseblue

Final Flight
Elizaveta Tuktamysheva says nice things about Carolina :luv17:
TF: Carolina Kostner is now training in Saint Petersburg with your group. What does it do for you?

ET: I adore Carolina. She is a wonderful person, and it’s a pure pleasure to be on the same ice with her. Her skating is divine. Her movements, choreography… Yes, she has minor issues with jumps, but even without jumps, her skating is amazing. I just want to tell her: “Carolina, just skate, and we will stand around and watch”. I’m glad that she is here. When you look at Carolina, you feel that you are next to such an otherworldly, hard-working person. You see the harmony in her movements, awareness, great passion for skating that helps her skate and not get tired, and you don’t get tired of watching her.

Original article
English translation

deneb

On the Ice
Carolina new programs:
SP: John Bonham Solo
FS: "Nisi Dominus (Cum dederit)" by Vivaldi

Marius

Art on Ice
Final Flight
Only two days! I'm starting to get anxious and excited :yahoo:
The competition will be really fierce, there is Liza Tukt that is slowly recovering her best condition, and then there are Ashley and Gracie, that right in this moment are a big ? but both of them have greaaat score potential. I hope Caro can compete with happiness and serenity :love:

Marius

Art on Ice
Final Flight

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
ALL HAIL THE CHAMPION!!!! :bow: :bow: :bow:

I know, it may not be the GP Final. But, the Golden Spin still had a high quality field. Hey, all you have to do is look at who was standing either side of Caro on the podium:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CzRS07_W8AEAesh.jpg

And add to that Laurine Lecavelier, Kailani Craine, Brooklee Han, Karen Chen, Gracie Gold...

Carolina won the SP from Amber Glenn and Alena Leonova. Liza Tuktamysheva won the FS from Alena Leonova and Carolina.

Incidentally, the Entries / Results page still hasn't been updated since the SP, but syvpow has posted the FS results in the Videos / Results thread.

What a way to come back! :clap: :rock: :party2: :points:

Oh, I can't wait until Nationals next week! :biggrin:

:cheer: WELL DONE CAROLINA!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
ALL HAIL THE CHAMPION!!!! :bow: :bow: :bow:

I know, it may not be the GP Final. But, the Golden Spin still had a high quality field. Hey, all you have to do is look at who was standing either side of Caro on the podium:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CzRS07_W8AEAesh.jpg

And add to that Laurine Lecavelier, Kailani Craine, Brooklee Han, Karen Chen, Gracie Gold...

Carolina won the SP from Amber Glenn and Alena Leonova. Liza Tuktamysheva won the FS from Alena Leonova and Carolina.

Incidentally, the Entries / Results page still hasn't been updated since the SP, but syvpow has posted the FS results in the Videos / Results thread.

What a way to come back! :clap: :rock: :party2: :points:

Oh, I can't wait until Nationals next week! :biggrin:

:cheer: WELL DONE CAROLINA!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

I would not expect less from the "Goddess on Ice"! Congratulations Caro!

Meoima

Match Penalty
I really enjoy her FS music, it's my favourite music. Now I hope she will come back stronger and stronger after each competition.

solani

Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Very good first competition! It's great to see her in such good shape before Nationals, there shouldn't be a discussion afterwards who's still Italy's no. 1. I like that she's doing a 2Lz in competition, better a double than no lutz. I like both programs very much, the FS is quite touching, beautiful music. She's showing diversity. She's still missing power but she's looking so relaxed and sure of herself that I'm really positive that she's going to do very well at Europeans and Worlds this season. :clap:

sallycinnamon

Medalist
What a great comeback for Carolina! Congratulations on her Golden Spin victory.
I agree that she may still need more power, but I am sure it will come with time. I like both her programs which are very different from each other. John Bonham's drum solo music is one of the most unique musical pieces I've heard in figure skating. She sells the program really well which is the prove how versatile she is. Her long program is touching and elegant. I noticed that her moves are even more graceful than maybe a couple of years ago. More ballet/dance classes maybe?

I wish her the best of luck at the nationals and can't wait to see her at the Europeans.:agree:

shiroKJ

Back to the forest you go.
Record Breaker
Fancam of her FS. Her speed looks much better from this angle :agree2: *sigh* Seeing her on the ice is just breathtaking no matter what, can't wait to see her at Euro's (hopefully on the podium again ;))